Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bladeless Rambler

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Bladeless Rambler
on: July 31, 2019, 10:40:51 PM
I like bladeless options for when I go certain places and just don’t understand why the SAK Jetsetter doesn’t have the file with slot driver.  I decided I would make one, by grinding off the beat up blade on my old Rambler using a dremel. Maybe later, I’ll grind the blade stub down better but for now I think it works.

I was going to swap scales, but then I thought they were kind of a fitting contradiction, so I’m leaving them.

This may be joined by a properly modded bladeless Explorer some time in the not to distant future.  My ultimate goal would be to create a Yeoman with a Nail File from an 84mm or 85mm in place of the blade, but right now I think it is over my head considering that I haven’t even done any modding.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Bladeless Rambler
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 11:26:23 PM
I like bladeless options for when I go certain places and just don’t understand why the SAK Jetsetter doesn’t have the file with slot driver.
Because the Opener and Scissors are the same thickness.  You need another thin tool to balance the nail file.
- Steve

us Offline Sos24

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:07:22 AM
Because the Opener and Scissors are the same thickness.  You need another thin tool to balance the nail file.

They could have added the ruler or cuticle pusher in place of the blade.  Or if they didn’t want to add a tool, I would have thought they could have made some kind of spacer.  I just think it makes it a lot less desirable taking away two popular functions (nail file and small slot driver) that didn’t need to be.

us Offline Sos24

Bladeless Rambler
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 12:09:34 AM
Deleted due duplicate
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:07:00 AM by Sos24 »

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 02:37:57 AM
They could have added the ruler or cuticle pusher in place of the blade.  Or if they didn’t want to add a tool, I would have thought they could have made some kind of spacer.  I just think it makes it a lot less desirable taking away two popular functions (nail file and small slot driver) that didn’t need to be.
Sure, but just the three tools by themselves don't work.
- Steve

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 04:29:26 AM
I did the same to one of my classics. I still don‘t get why Vic doesn‘t offer some types as bladeless options  :dunno:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 06:43:59 AM
I did the same to one of my classics. I still don‘t get why Vic doesn‘t offer some types as bladeless options  :dunno:
Exactly.  Especially with all the places that prohibit or restrict knives, some bladeless tool options would be really nice.  With all the folding knife options, many people carry a separate knife anyways, so a knife blade on the tool is not as important as a good selection of tools.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 02:44:15 PM
 :like:  Reminds me I really NEED to get back to my 91mm bladeless mod. 
Esse Quam Videri

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 03:11:25 PM
Exactly.  Especially with all the places that prohibit or restrict knives, some bladeless tool options would be really nice.  With all the folding knife options, many people carry a separate knife anyways, so a knife blade on the tool is not as important as a good selection of tools.

:iagree: I think it should not be that much of a problem. One could use something like that saw blade exchanger that Gerber has on some of their tools. If they would make a blade that would fit in it, one could go bladeless by just swopping out some other tool into that spot. I would buy it.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%