Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Custom maybe?

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Custom maybe?
on: May 21, 2018, 05:58:51 PM
Does/can anybody make a knife with the following?

- plus scales (pin, pen, tweezers, no toothpick)
- large blade
- saw
- scissors
- pliers
- file with point (metal, wood, nails)
-mag. Glass
- straight Phillips
- can opener
- bottle opener
-awl with hole

Pocket clip

Can someone modify alox scales to make this work?

I have a swisschamp but don't use half of what's on the on a regular basis. The fish scaler tool I only use for measuring (seldom). I do like the glasses driver but don't use a corkscrew. So...

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: Custom maybe?
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:04:04 PM
If you can live without the magnifier, have a look at the Cybertool 41/L.

Otherwise, contact Syph007. :tu:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:02:29 PM
If you can live without the magnifier, have a look at the Cybertool 41/L.

Otherwise, contact Syph007. :tu:

And if you do find you like the 41, Captain Spaulding had one for sale in the For Sale forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:32:59 PM
A farmer with scissors and a phillip's driver instead of an awl would be perfect. The farmer is the closest to what I'd like.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 09:35:39 PM
You can’t replace the awl with either the scissors or Philips driver so it might as well stay.
The cap lifter and can opener can go side by side, with the Philips layer opposite.
The scissors gets its own layer.
Definitely possible to make.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 01:03:17 AM
So is there a better way to utilize the space of the layers I need I start other tools can I double up with that would be single tools otherwise?

us Offline Simyo

Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:00:47 AM
It sounds like one I just got an order for.  Did you want the metal file/saw or nail file?  If you didn’t want the nail file, were you just doing the small blade opposite of the main blade? Since you’re doing the inline Phillips are you using the corkscrew on the blade layer?

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 02:34:08 PM
It sounds like one I just got an order for.  Did you want the metal file/saw or nail file?  If you didn’t want the nail file, were you just doing the small blade opposite of the main blade? Since you’re doing the inline Phillips are you using the corkscrew on the blade layer?
I'd like the file that's on the swisschamp. It's metal/ wood I believe with a point for cleaning nails. I don't really ever use the small blade. And I guess I would have to see the list of other compatible tools that can go with the inline Philips. Are the alox worth the loss of the scale tools?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 02:46:12 PM
I'd like the file that's on the swisschamp. It's metal/ wood I believe with a point for cleaning nails. I don't really ever use the small blade. And I guess I would have to see the list of other compatible tools that can go with the inline Philips. Are the alox worth the loss of the scale tools?

I think so.  You can always carry a 58mm like one with a retractable pen with nets you a pen, T&T.  Otherwise some have chosen to carry the T&T in their wallet.
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 03:18:23 PM
Something else this?
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,34772.msg1684792.html#msg1684792
The can and bottle openers can go side by side, and the Philips can be put where the bottle opener is.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 11:28:38 PM
That is a gorgeous piece of work. How much higher do custom SAKs run than production with the same amount of tools?

us Offline Simyo

Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31:23 AM
I like having scale tools, sylph now includes a scale drawer in his builds.  One of the main cost factors in a build is dependent on the models necessary to build your dream knife.

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 02:28:39 AM
I like having scale tools, sylph now includes a scale drawer in his builds.  One of the main cost factors in a build is dependent on the models necessary to build your dream knife.
Oh, he scavenged parts from other knives to assemble one? I thought they bought the individual implement

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 09:26:42 AM
Oh, he scavenged parts from other knives to assemble one? I thought they bought the individual implement

You can't just go and buy individual tools for Vic SAKs, they all have to be scavenged from donor SAKs. For example, my Quantum Mechanic required a sacrifice of a SwissChamp AND an Electrician...  :cheers:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56