Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cool Baby Game System.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Cool Baby Game System.
on: May 22, 2018, 01:15:18 PM
I found this at one of the local pawn shops. This is supposed to be an NES classic knock off. It cost about the price of a AAA title for the PC, and I was curious enough to take one home with me. I wasn't expecting much, but I must say, for the money, I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. There is enough value here to make it worth the price of entry. Wish this was the real Nintendo product, but I never saw one in life, and never got the chance to buy one of those. Probably the main reason why I bought this knock off system to be truthful.

There are 6 main menu areas...One of them holds over 500 games. Finding them is a problem...so they decided to print every game on the back of the box.

The system is sort of physically mirrored to the real Nintendo product based on what I have seen in online reviews. They also use different controllers...so if you have any of the real Nintendo products, they will not work.

The manual is one of those weird not quite english things. Reading it caused me to chuckle a little.

The controls are simple. On the back of the box you get the power cord and the HDMI port.

On the front of the unit are the two controller ports, a reset button and a power button.

The controllers themselves are a bit weird in that they have 4 buttons as opposed to 2.

It goes without saying that there are a lot of third party games and hacks available on this system. Nothing is official, but with that said, there is  enough on here to make it fun. I have never played any of these games...seeing that I was on PC or Amiga during the Nintento 8 bit console days. I have tried a few games, but do not know what is official or hacked. A good indicator would be those games with non official sounding titles on the list.

After buying this out of curiosity, I looked online for reviews. I found this one that will say more than I possibly could as I have no idea about the official games. After watching the video, I am more curious to explore what this knock off system has to offer.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:17:37 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Cool Baby Game System.
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 03:43:29 PM
That actually seems pretty cool.  Many of my favorite NES games were the obscure ones, so it's kind of cool to see obscure titles represented on it.

:tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%