Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My evolving EDC

gb Offline BePrepared

My evolving EDC
on: May 26, 2018, 06:10:09 PM
Here's the latest.

This leather pouch/slip case fits neatly in to my front pocket.

The case hold a Kaweco Lilliput fountain pen (engraved for sentimental reasons).  The Technician's Pocket Screw Driver clips onto the case (yep, I got one in black now) into the groove between the LM Squirt and Ti3.  The mini pry bar is a Kershaw PT-2, with the nylon grips removed, and given a once over with a black Sharpie (but I'm looking at a way to get one of the PT-2s in proper black, but they only seem available in USA, as a package with an assisted opening knife.)

The long flat black leather strap has a pair of Uncle Bill's tweezers in black clipped inside (can you see a pattern emerging...)  The strap also has a 6inch / 15cm ruler imprinted onto it.

The LM Squirt had the file removed and eyeglass driver and awl added.  There's a Thrunite Ti3, and the paper clip slips into the weave on the lanyard/fob.  This lanyard/fob has a contactless payment card/chip inside the 2m of paracord weave.  The card carries just enough small change for a coffee or snack, or my bus fare home, if I lose my wallet.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:12:04 PM by BePrepared »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: My evolving EDC
Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 07:53:11 PM
Small, cool and useful.  8) :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 12:19:15 AM
 :2tu:  This is a really great set up.  The sheath is really well done and I totally understand the Squirt and Ti3 combo, such a powerful little set. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 09:43:50 AM
I didn't make the sheath.  I found a someone on internet who did leather work, and sent him some measurements.  After a bit of discussion this was the result.  It's taking the form of the inside items nicely and developed a curve so it sits nicley against my leg. 

The original idea was for the Ti3, Squirt (or Juice S2), and Lilliput pen.  But the pen slot could probably take a Fisher bullet space pen, and the S2 blade looks (to others)  too large for office EDC.

With the Squirt instead of the Juice there was room for a small pry bar, so I had some fun over the last few weeks having auditions ( https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,77345.msg1698838.html#msg1698838 )

The Technician's Pocket Screw Driver was a lucky fit.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:51:48 AM by BePrepared »

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 10:10:38 AM
nice combo, almost entirely missed spotting the tweezers
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:08 PM
Here's the latest incarnation. 

But first, my thanks to tattoosteve99 for the PT-2 in true black (not Sharpie black I was using earlier), Syph007 for the Spyderco Roadie, and hiraethus for the PS4 (which I modded).  And to numerous others here who gave advice about all sorts of gear.  :salute:  :salute:  :salute:   :hatsoff:

Fits front pocket so nicely sometimes I wonder if it is there.  Been carrying everyday now.

I may get another pouch with a 4th slot, so I can put the Thrunite Ti3 in there.  The Technician's Pocket Screw Driver is maybe too much, as the Squirt has drivers too.  So the Technician's may be relegated to a bag.

Advantage of this combination is that if I need to go knifeless I can  :cry:  , just by leaving the Roadie behind  :cry:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 12:01:49 AM
Really nice.  This set up has reached a new level of awesome.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00