Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Super Tool 300M

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Re: Super Tool 300M
Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 04:24:19 PM
One thing it Didn’t  say on the site is that it comes with a near perfect bit kit as well as the extender! This is easily the best value currently on the market imo.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 11, 2020, 11:06:34 PM

One thing it Didn’t  say on the site is that it comes with a near perfect bit kit as well as the extender! This is easily the best value currently on the market imo.
 :worthless:
 :pok:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 11:06:24 AM
 :iagree:

:popcorn:

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 02:28:06 PM
Go watch the video on youtube by Texas tool crib, he talks about it. The even included what I would consider a near perfect compliment of bits.

This thing sets the bar imo.. 109 even from leatherman seems like a good deal for this whole kit. I would have loved a diamond file over the one they have..but I guess it will stay a pipe dream for now.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 02:58:19 PM
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 03:47:46 PM
Man, I really dig the new tool loadout. Thinking of getting one these just to swap some of the tools into my standard ST300. I don't use saws in multitools - I just don't, I never have needed one in roughly ten years of regularly relying on MTs. I like the pry tool on my CenterDrive and I know I would use this one, too. I would like having the bit driver, too. I agree with the reviewer in the video when he states he'd rather have the large flat instead of the small flat. In a tool as large as the ST300, I would just favor the larger flat.

I would sacrifice one of the blades, I hate how Leatherman (Gerber and SOG do it, too) oversaturate their tools with knives. Space is at a premium in a MT.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 03:53:21 PM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ro Offline Edi

Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 04:29:45 PM
Man, I really dig the new tool loadout. Thinking of getting one these just to swap some of the tools into my standard ST300. I don't use saws in multitools - I just don't, I never have needed one in roughly ten years of regularly relying on MTs. I like the pry tool on my CenterDrive and I know I would use this one, too. I would like having the bit driver, too. I agree with the reviewer in the video when he states he'd rather have the large flat instead of the small flat. In a tool as large as the ST300, I would just favor the larger flat.

I would sacrifice one of the blades, I hate how Leatherman (Gerber and SOG do it, too) oversaturate their tools with knives. Space is at a premium in a MT.

This is an idea. Except saws and file. I use that. Have to see first what extra tool i need to open and switch stuff...

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 06:46:38 PM
Only thing is, if they didn't have both a fully plain and serratted edge blade in they would substitute a combo blade in and to me that is worse :facepalm:

:D

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 06:58:44 PM
This is an idea. Except saws and file. I use that. Have to see first what extra tool i need to open and switch stuff...

This is why I wish manufacturers would embrace custom multitools. You prefer having a saw, but I never use a MT saw. And that's fine because everybody has different needs and preferences when it comes to something like a MT. I would be cool with a bladeless MT because I always carry a folder. SOG was doing the custom thing, but very poorly executed. If LM offered implements for sale, pfft bigger game changer than magnets and grey sheaths

Only thing is, if they didn't have both a fully plain and serratted edge blade in they would substitute a combo blade in and to me that is worse :facepalm:

:D

Hahaha. Yea, they get a lot of hate. I don't like them on my folders. But I don't really mind on a MT if it is a combo blade. A knife on MT is not a big concern for me because I carry a folder. Knives on MTs are typically not ideal. The multitool body makes an awful handle for all but the lightest cutting tasks. They are small/short/thin for the weight of the tool. Blade shape is usually weird, too. Imagine cleaning a deer with a Wave - so many little nooks for matter to collect in so cleaning the tool afterward would be difficult.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 07:25:29 PM
I carry a separate knife as well but rather have a full PE or full SE blade if I have one on a MT :tu:

and why can't they just put that silly old diamond file on everything :dunno: :D

Offline stugumby

Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 08:59:03 PM
so we loose 2 flat heads gain a nail puller pry bar and a bit driver and a different awl. and lots of accessories bits and a threaded spot. hmm sounds good, wonder if they will upgrade the OHT with the awl and bit driver?

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 04:04:56 PM
so we loose 2 flat heads gain a nail puller pry bar and a bit driver and a different awl. and lots of accessories bits and a threaded spot. hmm sounds good, wonder if they will upgrade the OHT with the awl and bit driver?

That would be amazing. OHT seems like an awesome platform, too bad they haven't really tried to expand on it yet.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 04:22:58 PM
It seems like LM does that for unknown reasons.  I guess it the tool is not flying off the shelves then the aren't interested.  Or maybe when it does fly off the shelves then why do anything more to it.  Kinda a catch 22  :dunno:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 06:58:46 PM
I have always intended to get an OHT bc I like being able to just one-handedly get to what I need. It's just been a low-priority since it debuted. I am deploying to Africa later in the year, that'll be my excuse to buy one :D and a Steel Will Plague Doctor

Yea, that's my reason  :rofl:

ro Offline Edi

Reply #44 on: March 15, 2020, 06:56:14 PM
My st 300 pliers are magnetic. Is it the same with this one?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: March 15, 2020, 07:08:31 PM
Did yours become magnetized some how because they don't come that way ?

ro Offline Edi

Reply #46 on: March 16, 2020, 12:12:01 AM
Not to my knowledge

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 01:15:08 PM

Thanks, wasn't sure if it was ok to link the video.  :tu:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #48 on: March 17, 2020, 10:39:06 PM
Well I got it and immediately decided to mod it. Had a few left over odds and ends after my other mod sitting next to it. Curious how you guys would mod it and open to suggestions.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #49 on: March 17, 2020, 10:43:00 PM
 :like: :tu:

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: March 18, 2020, 02:16:46 AM
Excellent mod!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: March 18, 2020, 02:39:39 AM
 :iagree: :o :dd: :like:

za Offline Humayd A R Mahomedy

Reply #52 on: March 20, 2020, 02:47:13 PM

is this your channel?
this was the first review i watched,nice review,excellent too,imo.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: March 22, 2020, 02:29:03 PM
No not my channel. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Super Tool 300M
Reply #54 on: March 22, 2020, 09:05:18 PM
I can’t decide if I want a new 300M or not.

In theory, I’d get one and mix n match parts with my 300 EOD and have a great tool.

The pluses...

Regular pliers with the straight replaceable wire cutters. (Edit:  I went back and looked and the 300M has regular replaceable wire cutters...)

Large bit holder.

Pry bar.

File. 

XXXXXXXXX

My EOD has the plier head from the MUT. I did that swap right away.  The problem is the replaceable wire cutters from the EOD are much better wire cutters than the other replaceable wire cutters. The cutters with the notch for hard wire make it tougher to get a clean cut on thicker wire bundles.

The EOD cutters don’t have that notch and seem to cut much better.

The problem is you can’t swap the EOD cutters into any other pliers because they are shaped a bit different. They would need to be modded.

In the pic below, you can see the shape difference. Regular cutters on left, EOD specific cutter on right.

The addition of the large bit holder might be nice. But I’m not sure it would have the strength of the regular 300 3D Phillips driver and adapter??

The largest flat blade in the 300 EOD is plenty strong for prying. It doesn’t have the claw, but not sure I’m going to be pulling many nails with my multitools.

Now, my EOD didn’t come with a file. But I can get one from a regular BO ST300 and swap into my EOD. Probably in place of the saw. I never use the saw.

And my EOD has another mod. I replaced the main blade with the wire strippers from SOG...

So my EOD has the additional bonus of the t shank metal saw holder and C4 spike.

Not sure I need to C4 spike, but I think it’s cool.

So, I think I’ll just keep the ST300 EOD and be happy with it. I rarely carry a Leatherman anymore so I can’t justify spending over $100 for something new and cool looking.

Geeze!!!!  Being a grown up sucks sometimes!!!  Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ro Offline Edi

Reply #55 on: March 23, 2020, 01:28:05 PM
I can’t decide if I want a new 300M or not.

Geeze!!!!  Being a grown up sucks sometimes!!!  Haha

Exactly  :facepalm:  :ahhh  :rant:  :twak:  :think:  :rofl:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #56 on: March 23, 2020, 08:35:37 PM
I totally agree, I only got it really for the brown cerakote, bit adapter with magnet, and front site post adjustment. I am still in Army Reserves. I do think I am going to squeeze in some scissors when I get them and just use it for a weekend warrior toy.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #57 on: April 17, 2020, 09:02:30 PM
Finally got those scissors put in. Think it’s a well rounded tool set for the weekend warrior now.

ro Offline Edi

Reply #58 on: April 17, 2020, 09:22:28 PM
looks road runner nice  :cheers:

Offline stugumby

Reply #59 on: July 03, 2020, 11:25:16 PM
not seeing it for sale online yet on amazon or e bay?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%