Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

58mm with Pen & Toothpick?

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
58mm with Pen & Toothpick?
on: May 28, 2018, 06:21:09 AM
Does this beast exist? Looking for something like this for keychain, with small # of layers. do I have to remove tweezers and replace with toothpick on a signature model to get this combo?

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: 58mm with Pen & Toothpick?
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:28:33 AM
Does this beast exist? Looking for something like this for keychain, with small # of layers. do I have to remove tweezers and replace with toothpick on a signature model to get this combo?
I do believe you are correct.  The pen takes the one scale and then there's only one scale left so you have to choose. 
It seems that someone may have modded a scale to fit both tweezers and toothpick, but I am uncertain.
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:37:22 AM
Yeah I can't seem to find this combo, my signature lite has neither tp or tz's, I was at the bank with just my black classic and had to use disgusting bank pen lol with a heaping of hand sanitizer, then I put sig lite on keys and I miss toothpick. I don't think I have ever used a sak tweezer in all the years i've had vics so I think a regular signature model is next on my want list.

Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:50:57 AM
I was at the bank with just my black classic and had to use disgusting bank pen lol with a heaping of hand sanitizer, then I put sig lite on keys and I miss toothpick.
I don't like bank pens either. 
I was carrying a Midnite MiniChamp and one scale has the light and the other the pen, so I tucked the toothpick in the lanyard I made for it:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,77010.msg1683787.html#msg1683787

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:09:13 AM
I was at the bank with just my black classic and had to use disgusting bank pen lol with a heaping of hand sanitizer, then I put sig lite on keys and I miss toothpick.
I don't like bank pens either. 
I was carrying a Midnite MiniChamp and one scale has the light and the other the pen, so I tucked the toothpick in the lanyard I made for it:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,77010.msg1683787.html#msg1683787

nice, that a pretty clever solution, I have a saphire manager, but its so pristine, I would hate to scuff it up on my keys, maybe I'm just a big baby, but I like it more as a shelf queen...but it's already paid for  :-\, but I can't bring myself to using it on keys.

Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:02 AM
nice, that a pretty clever solution, I have a saphire manager, but its so pristine, I would hate to scuff it up on my keys, maybe I'm just a big baby, but I like it more as a shelf queen...but it's already paid for  :-\, but I can't bring myself to using it on keys.
I know all about shelf queens, so I get that.   :cheers:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 08:31:06 AM
I have some 58 mm w/pen which were shipped with both tweezers and toothpick in the box. Seemed like the intention was you could choose yourself what to put in the single available slot. I haven't got a 58 mm w/both tweezers and toothpick on my person right now, so I can't test whether the slots are made to fit both tools right at the time of writing. Anyway, probably nothing a tiny drop of super glue can't fix.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:52 AM
I have some 58 mm w/pen which were shipped with both tweezers and toothpick in the box. Seemed like the intention was you could choose yourself what to put in the single available slot. I haven't got a 58 mm w/both tweezers and toothpick on my person right now, so I can't test whether the slots are made to fit both tools right at the time of writing. Anyway, probably nothing a tiny drop of super glue can't fix.

I tried the classic toothpick on my manager and it seems to fit nicely, however, I don't have the heart to scratch this beauty up on keyring:

there's just something about those translucent scales, so nice, I know they make em by the boatload, but my resources are kinda limited right now, so I would probably get a cheaper signature in black or red which don't look as bad when scratched

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:35:16 PM
I share your sentiment. :) The brass from the keys stick to the Cellidor in the scratches, so the coloring can get pretty funky. I attached a Cellidor scaled knife to keys once, and will never do it without any kind of protection for the scales again. (Vic sells different kinds of pouches “and stuff” for that exact purpose, I know. :) )

Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 05:23:49 PM
I wonder if the toothpick and tweezers were offset just a bit if they couldn't fit end to end?  :think:
I have some used scales and I'm going to see if this can work.  Knowing this forum though, it's probably been done a bunch of times already.  :tu:
[/url]

Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 10:55:42 PM
It's too narrow between rivets.  :facepalm:
Maybe end to end but very short?

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

How are you cutting the scale? dremel?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 11:59:39 PM

I remember one time I tried a scale mod involving filing away material. I used little files and elbow grease. :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:31:00 AM

I was just lining the items up and they're too thick to be between the rivets, so I didn't do any cutting yet.

us Offline lichan

Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 06:55:57 PM

Here you go: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75602.0.html

Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 07:15:03 PM

Here you go: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75602.0.html
Awesome link, thank you!  :cheers:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 07:17:38 PM

I tried the classic toothpick on my manager and it seems to fit nicely, however, I don't have the heart to scratch this beauty up on keyring:

(Image removed from quote.)

there's just something about those translucent scales, so nice, I know they make em by the boatload, but my resources are kinda limited right now, so I would probably get a cheaper signature in black or red which don't look as bad when scratched

Get a pouch for it, like I have:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 02:55:15 AM

Get a pouch for it, like I have:

I've been eyeing those little pouches, how is the retention?

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 02:14:42 PM
Pretty good. It has a kind of furry inside that adds more retention. It's thought for Classics. If you look closely, it is a little deformed by the Midnite Manager, which is thicker. It's a very snug fit for the Classic.

:tu: :salute:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 10:39:40 AM
Pretty good. It has a kind of furry inside that adds more retention. It's thought for Classics. If you look closely, it is a little deformed by the Midnite Manager, which is thicker. It's a very snug fit for the Classic.

cool, thx pfrsantos

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 05:14:03 PM

cool, thx pfrsantos

If you can, try to test it live at a store. You'll see it's a very nice Victorinox accessory.

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD