Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Expandable baton?

LOWW · 42 · 1998

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: Expandable baton?
Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 07:08:33 PM
:pok:
https://youtu.be/ckz7EmDxhtU
In a real world situation, the knifer would normally have the knife concealed and acting casually, waiting for the right moment (when the gunner is distracted) to strike. 
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 07:11:05 PM
https://youtu.be/n7I1L0Oa-NE

:)
Both guns and knives are deadly weapons, that is why they coexist in my arsenal, just I don't have a permit to carry guns legally. I find Expandable batons are interesting and could be useful in some situations, however they are illegal to own at where I live.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:12:35 PM by Kampfer »
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 09:43:37 PM
I have a light that can be flicked to become a baton.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 01:15:13 PM
Finally, and accurate and useful article from the Daily Fail!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 03:11:39 PM
Well, even here in deepest darkest africa pepper spray is GBH......

For several reason including politics and my size, I'm unlikely to get any sympathy in a court.

While I wish I could kick the smurf out of people several times a day, so in one of my clearer moments I removed all the weapons from my car.

There was a nutcase in the street few weeks ago, screaming nonsense and threatening people, he fixed on me the moment he saw me.  Fortunately I could walk away fast enough, but I thought about what could've happened.....

I'm too big and slow to be a knife fighter, I'm sure I can do much more damage smashing in a face, that I can do rather effectively  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 03:33:34 PM
Here in California its illegal to carry an expandable baton.  I used to think the idea of carrying one was an "idea" but. not so much.  I carry Pepper Gel in the largest amount I can legally.  I've almost had to use it once on a drunk idiot.  The better of me ( not spraying him ) with my body language ( I believe ) let him know it wasn't worth it.  I'm glad it didn't escalate and I was calm and under control.  I do find at times adrenaline and pride can be such a dangerous mix.  Things don't go as we plan especially if the other person is willing to take it to the "next" level.  We've all seen guys high on "who knows what" take blows with heavy objects unfazed.    Theres no guarantee even with training a motivated or high person can be stopped without deadly force.  My thinking tends to always be, this person is crazy and I'm not interested.  That being said, I always try to remove myself as my second line of defense.  My first is always situational awareness.  My third is deescalation if I can with a high motivation to remove myself.  Yes there are times when engagement is the only option. 

Ask yourself tho, how many times have you really had to engage?  Have you been physically attacked with no way to retreat and had to defend yourself?       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Pacu

Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 05:52:34 PM
I've been hit by an expandable baton. Damn, it hurts. I'd rather be taz'd.  :facepalm:

I think smurf happens to quick for a baton to be deployed. If you aren't trained/straight thinking the attacker could take it from you and use it . :twak:

Always keep distance from crazies and shady people. Retreat when you can.  ( source - Houston living )

:like:    :MTO:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 04:32:32 AM
I've said it before for threads of this variety. If you're asking us about defensive tools, it tells me that you lack the training to employ them. Get some training. Get more training. Ask your instructor, they can gauge your ability if you are unable to and they will be familiar with your local laws. I will say that a QUALITY expanding baton, properly used, is an effective means of applying force of varying degrees of perminance, but without training not only in how to use a stick but also specifically with the device you go with, you may have difficulty using it or fail utterly. For example, some shouldn't be used for a thrust or a pommel strike. And in most countries, there is a world of difference between what happens when you bruise the hell out of a guy and when you cave in his skull- training. Training seperates you from being able to claim self defense, and manslaughter.

I was very reluctant to post to this thread- LOWW this isn't your first post about defensive tools, particularly alternative or improvised ones. This isn't a defensive techniques forum, nor one for guerilla warfare. I remember your improvised forced entry tools thread. And I'll add my voice to those who are concerned about your steroetyping.

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 10:19:15 AM
^^^ up there ^^^

Raven's post
Nothing to add, only to confirm from top to bottom.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 12:18:02 PM
Yup. I'll add my support to the above comments. 

Maybe a multitool forum isn't the forum you're looking for - try a self defence forum. But also think about the language you're using.  It's coming across as racist (to me at least).
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 06:00:01 PM
LOWW I will second or third the suggestions above that you might want to double check your posts for certain connotations from now on  :salute:  and that you might find better and wider answer and response to your posts on other forums,

I recommend you sign up and ask on USN (Usual Suspects Network) forums where I see posts and threads like this every week  ;)

there you will find lots of LEOs, military and veterans, officers, training staff, martial artists and lawyers or others well versed in the different laws to attend to your demands and questions  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%