Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Awesome comparison for those confused poor souls like me

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
This makes it very easy to differentiate between Spartan, Camper, Climber and Huntsman. FYI, Ranger has everything the Huntsman has, plus a metal file and some bonus on the back side.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Awesome comparison for those confused poor souls like me
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 04:57:28 PM
Spartan - need one
Tinker - you'll regret it when she wants to open a bottle of wine
Climber - need one
Huntsman - adds a silly saw! Forget it.
Fisherman - Definitely need one, for removing staples and eating chips when they forget to give you a wooden fork at the chip shop.
Deluxe Tinker - Worth considering if you are a recreational smoker who doesn't like burning his fingers
Ranger - Would be great without the toy saw
Craftsman - Awesome and rare! But has ruined many a promising evening because of its lack of a corkscrew
Handyman - Get in there.
Swisschamp - You're in trouble now. You'll realise it's too enormous to carry and end up trying all the others, until you realise the Climber is the one you should have got in the first place.
Swisschamp XLT - therapy is cheaper, and probably necessary if you're thinking of buying one.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
On the other hand we have members who EDC the XAVT. (And my hands don't like the Climber, the scissors create a couple of really annoying hotspots. The Spartan, on the other hand, is nice and friendly. Frankly, I think a Spartan and a 58 mm often is a better combo than a bigger SAK. (I often carry a bigger SAK for fun, though.  :D (The Huntsman Lite is an underappreciated knife, I say.)))

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:12:02 PM
Bu-bu-bu-but, the HOOK!
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 11:16:54 PM
You don't EDC a longshoreman's hook?!  ???

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 07:17:48 AM
Spartan - need one
Climber - need one
Fisherman - Definitely need one, for removing staples and eating chips when they forget to give you a wooden fork at the chip shop.
Deluxe Tinker - Worth considering if you are a recreational smoker who doesn't like burning his fingers
Craftsman - Awesome and rare! But has ruined many a promising evening because of its lack of a corkscrew
Handyman - Get in there.
Swisschamp - You're in trouble now. You'll realise it's too enormous to carry and end up trying all the others, until you realise the Climber is the one you should have got in the first place.
Swisschamp XLT - therapy is cheaper, and probably necessary if you're thinking of buying one.

You forgot a few:

Troubleshooter: Everything you need for every day carry, nothing you don't. Highlights: File, pliers, scissors, blade, openers, hook, awl, scraper, phillips driver.

Champion Plus: Almost everything you need... plus a magnifier which is actually surprisingly useful. The wood saw and corkscrew make this more of a camping knife than an EDC to me. The lack of pliers is the biggest downfall.

Swisschamp. It's a Champion Plus... plus pliers. Absolutely everything you need for camping or EDC. It's a little wide though. Would be FAR better without the fish scaler. Strangely... the width is easy to get used to. Still, I prefer the Troubleshooter for EDC. It actually fits in most of my jeans' coin/watch pocket. Neither champion or swisschamp do. (For my skinny jeans only a Wenger will fit -- 4 layers or less).

Charles.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:18:53 PM
Spartan - need one
Climber - need one
Handyman - Get in there.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD