Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jackie Chan- Foreigner

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Jackie Chan- Foreigner
on: June 04, 2018, 10:42:44 PM
I watched this Jackie Chan movie last night on Netflix.  Basically he is a retired special forces guy trying to find out who set off a bomb that killed his daughter.  He not only does his usual fight scenes but he also it turns out he is a master of booby traps and guerilla warfare.  At one point, as he is being kicked out of an office building they find he has a SAK on him.  I didn't get a screenshot but it was a wider model, possibly a SwissChamp.

I don't think he actually uses the SAK at all during the film, but they do make a point of showing it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Jackie Chan- Foreigner
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 01:09:34 AM
I watched this Jackie Chan movie last night on Netflix.  Basically he is a retired special forces guy trying to find out who set off a bomb that killed his daughter.  He not only does his usual fight scenes but he also it turns out he is a master of booby traps and guerilla warfare.  At one point, as he is being kicked out of an office building they find he has a SAK on him.  I didn't get a screenshot but it was a wider model, possibly a SwissChamp.

I don't think he actually uses the SAK at all during the film, but they do make a point of showing it.

Def

Damn good film that, based in the book the The Chinaman by Stephen Leather. The book is way more brutal than the film  :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:23:14 AM
I'll bet it was. I felt this film was uncharacteristically dark for Jackie Chan.  I enjoyed it, but it wasnt a typical movie for him.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:40:05 AM
i agree that it was a good, unusual movie for Chan. hope he ventures more into those types of roles
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:07:59 AM
I thought Pierce Brosnans character looked rather like Gerry Adams.  :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:03:46 PM
there's also a Gerber and a KaBar fighting knife, and a kukri machete in the film  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 01:24:13 PM
Just watching this one myself (a little late to the party).  Got a good look at a freeze frame and I'm almost certain that it's a Handyman.  Pliers, corkscrew but no mag/Philips layer.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 01:42:02 PM
Been a while since I read the book. But I think it mentions the SAK.

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 06:15:25 AM
Such a good movie.  Reading this makes me want to watch it again.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 08:03:13 PM
You all have inspired me- I think I will have to look for the book and read it.  The movie was excellent, and I am sure (as usual) the book is even better.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%