Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Spartan

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
New Spartan
on: June 04, 2018, 11:09:23 PM
Just got my new Spartan today , couldn’t pass up the deal , I already have one like it but my question is how many of you would use this SAK or just keep as a collectable ? I’m leaning towards keeping one nice and using one

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: New Spartan
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 11:10:53 PM
Is there something on the Spartan that makes it physically different from a regular spartan?  :think:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:12:33 PM
Do whatever makes you happy.  :shrug:

I would have kept one as a pristine backup and then used it anyway, because knives are supposed to be used.   :D

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:13:19 PM
Is there something on the Spartan that makes it physically different from a regular spartan?  :think:

That series has serial number in the liner behind the corkscrew.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 11:32:04 PM
I think i have carried mine twice but i bought it as a collectable so i'm happy for it to sit on the shelf, it will never be a daily user. I am not sure how many were made but it has a 6 digit serial and i bought mine NOS in a shop 5 years after it was made..which kinda says it all really, there are a lot of them but i still love mine and will always treasure it  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 11:49:59 PM
I would just use that Spartan. The serial number is a bit of a joke - it is a very basic SAK that isn't about to be discontinued anytime soon, and there are millions of them in existence. It is basically useless as an investment, but very useful as a tool.

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 12:26:39 AM
Thanks guys , And yes the only difference is a serial # , a red lanyard , a cool box and a pamphlet . Im going to use it ! :salute:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 12:58:11 AM
There's so dang many of this so called "limited" edition, that I don't think it will ever become rare. I still find the things new for just over what a regular Spartan is. Carry it and use it.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 03:22:08 AM
From a man who should know, you can never have too many spartans! Counting my spartan lite, I currently have four in my collection. Love every one of them! :like:
Send In the spartans

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 12:41:31 PM
Then again, Spartans are so cheap, why not put this up, buy another one for daily use?

What do you have to lose? About $20 for another Spartan.

What do you have to gain? We don't really know yet. I use my knives and tools, but I do try and keep anything sort of special off to the side. For example, I no longer use my Boy Scouts symbol Tinker, because the symbol is metal inlay and not just painted on. They no longer do metal inlay (except the Vic logo) so I don't want to see this one dropped, twisted, or otherwise broken because it is an example of a manufacturing technique that is no longer employed.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%