Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Soldier's blades in other knives or repurposed

Syem · 36 · 2083

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: Soldier's blades in other knives or repurposed
Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 04:09:16 AM
The mod was done by a gentleman called Scott that was a SOSAK member with the username Knifecoop.  He had a website back in those days dedicated to this art.

Here is the detailed documentation that accompanied the mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek1jwjycl7orc44/Old_School_Victorinox_Soldier.pdf?dl=0

Here is a snapshot of his website from  the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20100513043649/http://knifecooperative.com/

Thanks for the info NutSAK.  :tu:

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 12:51:45 PM
Re: the Wenger Pro series.  I believe the reason that they all had dated blades was that Wenger only made Soldiers and as such did not make non dated 93mm blades as used in the Vic Pioneer so they just made deliberate overrun of soldier blades to use in the Pro's.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 01:00:46 PM
Re: the Wenger Pro series.  I believe the reason that they all had dated blades was that Wenger only made Soldiers and as such did not make non dated 93mm blades as used in the Vic Pioneer so they just made deliberate overrun of soldier blades to use in the Pro's.

:think:
You’d think that all they would have to do was not run the blades through the machine that stamps on the year?
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 03:03:57 AM
Great additions everyone!

You might relate to this one Syem.....’85 OC Farmer, NIB.  Notice the price tag on the box, no more of that I’m afraid.......
                  :cheers:
:drool: my oh my! I've got one of those I think but the blade is about a third of its original girth and 2/3rds of its length... Yours is such a beauty! With my BY too!

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 03:07:27 AM
Here's another sort of repurposed blade... And a huge surprise!

It's a 1976 soldier... But the original blade is on the left. I sent this little guy to Vic and they replaced the broken awl and actually put a brand new 76 blade on it that they must've had lying around. It's just amazing that they'd have 42 years old spare parts still in stock!

That '91 blade in my OP was already amazing but a 76 is just incredible! (at the same time they've done awesome stuff on some other Alox knives I sent them and some very bad stuff on others... I should start a "vic spa stories" thread...)

I've got a nice old knife with a broken 5 twist fluted corkscrew... Maybe they'll still have some of those?

Anyways here's the lucky piece:

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 03:10:31 AM by Syem »

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 03:12:11 AM
Here's another sort of repurposed blade... And a huge surprise!

It's a 1976 soldier... But the original blade is on the left. I sent this little guy to Vic and they replaced the broken awl and actually put a brand new 76 blade on it that they must've had lying around. It's just amazing that they'd have 42 years old spare parts still in stock!

That '91 blade in my OP was already amazing but a 76 is just incredible! (at the same time they've done awesome stuff on some other Alox knives I sent them and some very bad stuff on others... I should start a "vic spa stories" thread...)

I've got a nice old knife with a broken 5 twist fluted corkscrew... Maybe they'll still have some of those?

Anyways here's the lucky piece:

Wow...that is going above and beyond! Very nice.  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44