Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Peacent is in the ER.

Nix · 89 · 2839

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Re: The Peacent is in the ER.
Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 03:42:49 AM
Holy crap TP, that’s was close. Glad to see that it looks worst than it is...I mean the paper towel. Get better soon and for smurfsakes be careful, D2 does not forgive.
When are you getting the stitches out? Keep it very clean until then!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:59 AM
feel better Peacent  :salute:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 06:21:06 AM
TP,
Didn't your mother tell you not to play with knives?  :pok:

Glad it isn't too bad, man!  Keep the area clean and freshly bandaged. :)
I know you know all that, but bacteria is serious business.
You'll be plucking your own stitches out, with a huge blade, in no time. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 09:42:11 AM
Pain is temporary, glory is eternal, and chicks dig scars.  It sounds better in Latin, but I couldn't remember the phrasing. :cheers:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 09:48:21 AM
further proof that knives can be dangerous, even in the hands of experienced users, and they need to be controlled, licensed and have their use supervised by the governments  !!!!

:)

I see a  knife sale soon !!   :)
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

hr Offline styx

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 10:10:48 AM
just to check if there was a pineapple conspiracy I've cut one with an Opinel #8 this morning. no cuts on me, it was delicious.... so I guess it was just you
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 10:16:14 AM

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 11:00:25 AM
Really glad to hear that the pineapple was unhurt by the knife wielding maniac. Oh sorry, I forgot I wasn't the media.  :rofl:
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 11:20:01 AM
Aww. That pineapple acid must have gave those exposed pain receptors some extra work. Glad the finger is still attached, and the knife is not damaged.  Be more careful next time amigo.

Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline styx

Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 01:22:33 PM

I find it easier to quarter it after cutting off the top and bottom. then removing the core and peeling it is a non issue

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 01:43:20 PM
or,

though you have to be careful as the tin edges can be sharp sometimes

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 02:09:36 PM
Yes be careful with those tins they are very sharp  :rofl: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 03:08:13 PM
Indeed, I've cut myself more than once on an exposed edge of a can lid.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
thank you all folks  :tu:, it definitely is encouraging and nice to see so many of you coming up in no time to send good vibes. I will address some of you individually, as you all deserve it  :salute:

A mere flesh wound TP, you'll be good as new in no time  :tu:

PS. did you get the phone number of the cute nurse    :pok:

no unfortunately I didn't, she was not talkative and went straight to the point (of the needle  :D)

I am glad you are all good TP
And remember knives cut and will win :rofl: :tu: :cheers:

Yes I have realised that after a few cuts with serrated edges, plain edges, big edges, tiny edges, sharp edges and even dull edges  :angel:

thanks for letting us know. I'll be the bad guy and take the knife that cut him for reeduaction and reintegration into socitey

I will consider that, but I wouldn't want to risk you getting hurt too  ;)

Glad your ER ordeal is over. Doesn't look toooooo bad. I'm glad it wasn't any worse!

You are young and will heal up quickly.  :tu:

(Ahem, be sure to clean that D2 steel so it doesn't rust or get dull.... ::))

yes it was fast and easy, I have had much worse at least twice since joining this great forum. :to:

and believe it or not, first thing I did after the cut was grab the paper towel, clean the knife dry, then out it in my hand and stop the bleeding  :). The one in the pic all bloody, got used to take care of the knife too

Eh. It's only three stitches. I've hit you with super glue, wrapped it in duct tape, give you a choice between a splash of bleach, ammonia or ethanol to kill any germs, and sent you home.

So valuable lesson. Don't use your hand for a cutting board- use a cutting board for a cutting board, or you'll have a cutting board for a hand. Lots of nerves in there, along with tendons and ligaments. Sounds like you missed everything important.  [/i]

yes only 3 in the end but two qualified people wanted to put 5 instead (which I now agree with  :P)

last cut in the other hand I did just that... Steri strips, betadine, then stitching. All at home, never went to the ER. It was this one (graphic)

Show content

fortunately nothing serious got cut, in any cut I have had in both hands. :whistle:

I'm hoping that only the pineapple got confiscated today? ;)

of course. This time I remembered to leave the knife at home before the trip  ;)

Could have spit on it and rubbed dirt on it  :whistle:.  Glad to hear it wasn't worse.  Young nurses huh  :pok:.  I got stitches in my thumb and the shot was worse than the stitches.   I also had 15 in my neck don't recall a thing.

yeah once the cut area is dumb with anesthesia it doesn't hurt much  :tu:  wonders of chemicals  :like:

Take it easy P, and lets be careful. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!!!

:tu:

thanks Carl, I am sure that part of your vast and wide experience with nives involved some particular accident in all these years  :salute:

TP, this comes as quite a shock.  I never knew that you carried or used knives.

I thought that applied to you as well  :poked with so many laying in boxes unorganised  :ahhh, and using tools by burying them for a year on your backyard  :gimme:
and your attempt of getting another 710 won't work!  :whistle:  I know it is your favorite Benchmade but you got one already!  :twak:

Glad to hear you are ok buddy :salute: Be careful though :ahhh Just be glad it wasn't one of your seriously big blades  :o :D

thank you p,
luckily I have never been seriously bitten by one of the big one, that would surely be messy  :dwts:

it's the smaller ones that you tend to underestimate and be careless with   :pommel:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: June 10, 2018, 03:20:16 PM
Holy crap TP, that’s was close. Glad to see that it looks worst than it is...I mean the paper towel. Get better soon and for smurfsakes be careful, D2 does not forgive.
When are you getting the stitches out? Keep it very clean until then!

yes it was worse looking than feeling  ;)  D2 gets really sharp, I can tell now

stitches will be out in 10-14 days, my mother (who was a surgeon and stitched my previous cut) will take them out, no need to waste another 3 hours at the hospital  :salute:

TP,
Didn't your mother tell you not to play with knives?  :pok:
You'll be plucking your own stitches out, with a huge blade, in no time. :cheers:

she played with knives as a surgeon even before I was born, so I guess there is a genetic  component in that  :D
it will be her who will cut the stitches too  ;) so if something goes wrong this time it won't be me messing up  :tu:

further proof that knives can be dangerous, even in the hands of experienced users, and they need to be controlled, licensed and have their use supervised by the governments  !!!!

:)

I see a  knife sale soon !!   :)

also ban pineapples (they are acid and their skin has sharp points), ban scissors (which they used to cut the bandaging and my stitches) and we'll use our teeth for everything  :)

that knife isn't going, now it is definitely mine after all this!  :ahhh  And it was a gift from Nix, making it doubly special  :salute:

just to check if there was a pineapple conspiracy I've cut one with an Opinel #8 this morning. no cuts on me, it was delicious.... so I guess it was just you

was the Opinel stainless or carbon? You might have been lucky because of that detail... :pok:

Really glad to hear that the pineapple was unhurt by the knife wielding maniac. Oh sorry, I forgot I wasn't the media.  :rofl:

well, she died in the end so I wouldn't say "unhurt"  :D

Indeed, I've cut myself more than once on an exposed edge of a can lid.

me too, mostly as a child and in the outdoors,  :facepalm: which made me steer clear of them for years  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 03:23:39 PM
 :like:

Wow, awesome post, El P!  Good to hear you are doing well. And clearly have a bit of time of your hands.....errrrr.....hand.    :whistle:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #46 on: June 10, 2018, 03:24:29 PM
A little late, but still wanted to let you know i'm glad this didn't end up worse than it did, which could have easily been the case with razor sharp knife accidents!  :salute:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

se Offline RF52

Reply #47 on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
Wish you a speedy recovery Looked like a clean cut so it will probably heal nicely And be careful from now

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #48 on: June 10, 2018, 04:39:47 PM
So glad that your adventure at the ER ended and let the healing began.

A good son to cut pineapple for mom, so glad she was able to enjoy.  By the way, how is her treatments going?

All the best.
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: June 10, 2018, 04:55:03 PM
A little late, but still wanted to let you know i'm glad this didn't end up worse than it did, which could have easily been the case with razor sharp knife accidents!  :salute:

Thank you!  ;)
yes but sometimes the sharper the better. I didn't even feel the cut and the doc said it was amazingly clean  :salute:

Wish you a speedy recovery Looked like a clean cut so it will probably heal nicely And be careful from now

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

thanks!  :cheers:
yes the doctor and nurse commented on how clean it was,, the two previous cuts from that day were way messier they said  :tu:

So glad that your adventure at the ER ended and let the healing began.

A good son to cut pineapple for mom, so glad she was able to enjoy.  By the way, how is her treatments going?

All the best.

yes I actually am not a fan of pineapple.  :P

Well she is fine but tomorrow she starts chemotherapy again (6 days) and radiotherapy for the first time (30 days) so it will be a tough month for her,  :-\ plus we have house repairs from our neighbors and dust, noise and vibrations are unbearable!  :ahhh

Thank you for asking
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #50 on: June 10, 2018, 04:59:35 PM
stainless Opinel. And don't worry about me getting hurt. I got 3 stitches on my finger last summer after that washing machine attack. if your tendons are ok then you shouldn't have any issues, just a bit of swelling every now and then. btw took me about a week to get rid of the stitches and maybe another week before the hand was 100% to go. if you're think there might be a loss of gripping strength or dexterity, carrying things with fat handles and with towels will help

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: June 10, 2018, 06:25:58 PM
Glad you will be OK, Peacent!

Three stitches in time save 27.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: June 10, 2018, 06:44:13 PM

thanks Carl, I am sure that part of your vast and wide experience with nives involved some particular accident in all these years  :salute:

Oh heck yes. I've got myself good a few times, and the worst was with a number 9 Opinel. Laid open my index finger to the bone and took 7 stitches to close up. It heeled up okay, but the Doctor wanted to know what knife made such a clean incision. He was shocked that it was at the time an 8 dollar Opinel.

When we knife nuts play with knives, sooner or later we bleed some. Kind of inevitable, like the sun rising in the east.

Be careful bud!
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #53 on: June 10, 2018, 07:10:08 PM
That’s a nasty cut ThePeacent... glad to hear your OK now... :cheers:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: June 11, 2018, 06:51:25 AM
Hope your hand gets better but was very sad to hear about what your mother is going through and about to go through. Went through it with my mother. My very best wishes for your mother, but also for you. It's a tough time.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #55 on: June 11, 2018, 03:34:31 PM
stainless Opinel. And don't worry about me getting hurt. I got 3 stitches on my finger last summer after that washing machine attack. if your tendons are ok then you shouldn't have any issues, just a bit of swelling every now and then. btw took me about a week to get rid of the stitches and maybe another week before the hand was 100% to go.

Ah, being stainless that explains everything about the Pineapple. they are scared of stainless blades,  :D

Fortunately nothing important was cut, and my other hand also got a 2-stitch cut last year and it also took a week to get rid of them and another week to heal, but that was in a much less vital finger and area of the hand  :salute:

Show content

Glad you will be OK, Peacent!

Three stitches in time save 27.

very true, or at least a very nasty looking scar  :cheers:

Oh heck yes. I've got myself good a few times, and the worst was with a number 9 Opinel. Laid open my index finger to the bone and took 7 stitches to close up. It heeled up okay, but the Doctor wanted to know what knife made such a clean incision. He was shocked that it was at the time an 8 dollar Opinel.

When we knife nuts play with knives, sooner or later we bleed some. Kind of inevitable, like the sun rising in the east.

Be careful bud!

and that is another lesson that shows that we don't need no "tactical" knives  :ahhh or deadly paratrooper killing blades  :D, a humble Opinel or the old 110 will cut and slice your skin open in a breeze if used for that purpose

They are clean cutters and excellent slicing machines, be it for food, wood or your own skin  :whistle:

Take care you too  :cheers:

That’s a nasty cut ThePeacent... glad to hear your OK now... :cheers:

thanks jaya! It's not really that bad, three stitches means luck to me  :tu:

Hope your hand gets better but was very sad to hear about what your mother is going through and about to go through. Went through it with my mother. My very best wishes for your mother, but also for you. It's a tough time.

I much and honestly appreciate your encouragement, it is indeed hard on the mind and the body for the person and those around it,  :P
It's been going on since December and will probably make this a hard and long Summer  :-\ but in the end I have hope and wish the best results,

and I am thankful for having the medical technology and healthcare system that we have here today, to make this possible  :tu:
I hope your experience ended well and you and your mother could leave that bad time behind  :salute:
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #56 on: June 11, 2018, 03:54:19 PM
well supposedly chicks dig scars so that can comfort you

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 01:05:22 AM
Being late as usually, sorry.
Still want to say that I'm glad it's just a scratch TP  :D

In the kitchen things can quickly go into....err... out of hands. Hope it will heal fast  :salute:

And best wishes to your mom !

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 07:34:17 AM

I much and honestly appreciate your encouragement, it is indeed hard on the mind and the body for the person and those around it,  :P
It's been going on since December and will probably make this a hard and long Summer  :-\ but in the end I have hope and wish the best results,

and I am thankful for having the medical technology and healthcare system that we have here today, to make this possible  :tu:
I hope your experience ended well and you and your mother could leave that bad time behind  :salute:

I'm afraid the story didn't end well after 5 years of fighting but medical technology has come on a long long way in the past 20 years. When my cousin came down with the same type of cancer about 5 years ago and expressed fears based on my mother, her aunt, the doctor told her that people simply don't die from this cancer any more. Very best of luck. I've been disabled much of my life and had 5 surgeries in the past year alone. I can personally vouch for the fact, told to me by my mother at the time, that it's harder to watch someone you love being seriously ill than to be seriously ill yourself. It's very often far tougher for the families than for the sick person. Keep soldiering on mate.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 02:40:07 PM

I'm afraid the story didn't end well after 5 years of fighting but medical technology has come on a long long way in the past 20 years. When my cousin came down with the same type of cancer about 5 years ago and expressed fears based on my mother, her aunt, the doctor told her that people simply don't die from this cancer any more. Very best of luck. I've been disabled much of my life and had 5 surgeries in the past year alone. I can personally vouch for the fact, told to me by my mother at the time, that it's harder to watch someone you love being seriously ill than to be seriously ill yourself. It's very often far tougher for the families than for the sick person. Keep soldiering on mate.

I am sorry for your loss,
it is never easy especially if you have to go through that much before it finally ends.

Fortunately your cousin (and you to a certain degree I guess) benefited from modern marvels that allow us to live longer, better and healthier  :tu:          It is also true that seeing someone so close suffering it's often harder to you than the other person would believe,
but also you can be grateful for the fact that the other person has your company and you have theirs,  :tu: many people have lost their families way too young or early  :-[

I have lost 6 loved people in the last 5 years due to cancer, and it is sad but I won't lose the faith on this one being left behind and overcome,
thank you all for your kind words.

Have a nice week everybody!

PS: The cut is much better and no impairment in the job whatsoever with some care  :salute:

Show content
My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%