Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SIEGE STOVES now on Kickstarter. US-Made tool converts any can into a camp stove

us Offline SiegeStoves

Hello all,
Many here might be interested in knowing about our Siege Stove universal Cross-Members, which quickly convert almost any common can into a stable, high-performance wood-burning and multi-fuel stove.
These as well as our flat-pack stoves and accessories are available for a few more days, until Tuesday June 19 on KICKSTARTER at: http://kck.st/2wOIQyW

We expanded their range to fit food cans and coffee cans from the most common small can all the way up to #10 cans, as well as quart and gallon paint cans and even IKEA canisters.
In addition, they also provide the fastest way to create a wood-gas stove using two interlocking cans, with features not found in expensive stoves.

On Kickstarter you can back the campaign and help us ramp up production so that we can get these low-cost US-made stoves into the hands of many more people, and in return we will send you your own set of Siege Stove Cross-Members or other reward item you select.

Thank you!
Cross-Member-closeup3.jpg
* Cross-Member-closeup3.jpg (Filesize: 153.91 KB)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:17:35 AM by zoidberg »
Siege Stoves - US Made camping & survival stoves

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Please contact the forum owner before advertising your product.
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:36:48 AM by SteveC »

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Siege Stoves has a Crowdfunding account, so thanks to those members that let us know they were here, but Siege is good to go!   :tu:

https://siegestoves.com/

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SiegeStoves

Thank you Grant! Thank you Steve for your vigilance. Good thing I signed up for the Crowdfunding account before posting :)

I see it says on my post "Edited to remove advertising".  Now that things are cleared up, can I repost the link to the Kickstarter campaign?

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Yes by all means. I appologise for pulling your link. I was on my phone and didn't see that you had a crowd funding account.  :facepalm:

us Offline SiegeStoves

Thank you Steve!  I have to run out shortly, but will post a few pics later -- maybe a tutorial of sorts, to make the post more informative to viewers.
Regards,
James

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Thank you Steve!  I have to run out shortly, but will post a few pics later -- maybe a tutorial of sorts, to make the post more informative to viewers.
Regards,
James

Looking forward to seeing it.  I have visited your site and I really like the concept.  And, I just happen to have one of those Ikea buckets handy, although I doubt that will go over well!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline SiegeStoves

Thank you Grant! The IKEA cans make fantastic stoves, with very fast boil times. Not many people know about our Cross-Members, so they usually spend a lot of time cutting their IKEA canisters up to make them work as stoves.

Without our top Cross-Members they don't have a way to lift the pot up, so they usually cut a big flue hole in one side and sit the pot on the rim, or rest it inside the canister on tent pegs, which limits the size of the pot one can use. Then, they don't have a way to add fuel, so they cut another even bigger hole in the other side for feeding sticks. The result is that the stove is much more open to wind, and less efficient, with fire flowing out the holes, and burning sticks and embers falling out. A survival magazine contacted us recently to say how much they liked that the Siege Stove is top loading and doesn't require the user to lift the pot every time fuel needs to be added (we made the top Cross-Members the optimal height for the fire to breathe, and also so that fuel can easily be added under the pot). You still have the option of  adding a feeder hole in the side as some Siege Stove - IKEA users do.

Then, to lift the canister off the ground using traditional approaches, people usually bolt on heavy legs that do not spread out or add stability.  The Siege Stove base Cross-Members on the other hand, have a 7" spread, making the stove much more stable. The top Cross-Members also have a 7" spread, so a wide, heavy iron skillet or even a dutch oven can be supported on the Siege Stove. The Siege Stove also assembles and disassembles in seconds, with no permanent structures that take up space, as many other builds have.

Finally, with the Cross-Members, you can scale up to a #10 can or gallon paint can if you are camping with a group, and even create a wood-gas stove from two interlocking cans. I could go on, but recommend that people check out the Kickstarter page and YouTube channel to some of the many the possibilities:
http://kck.st/2wOIQyW
https://www.youtube.com/c/SIEGESTOVES

The campaign has only one day to go and is ending strong, with more pledged today than on any other day. We also just added the option for backers to add a durable nylon sheath to their reward and are pleased to have these hand made for us by a US military veteran.

Best Regards,
James
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:11:34 PM by SiegeStoves »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85