Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Walmart multi-tool

Offline highway32south

• New User
Walmart multi-tool
on: June 14, 2018, 04:46:43 PM
Walmart used to sell a muti-tool that opened like pliers instead of folding up.  I found it much more convenient to use, and always had one in my pocket.  I haven't seen one in Walmart for years, and have searched the internet for them without success.  Can't even find something like it.  Anybody know where they...or anything like them...might be sold?

* walmart multitool.jpg (Filesize: 6.04 KB)

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Walmart multi-tool
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:38:43 AM
Welcome to :MTO: Highway :salute:

The link above is a better version of the tool you are looking for :salute: Great link RP :tu: :like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 12:30:22 PM
You can probably find that tool on Amazon or eBay, and Home Depot often sells a gift pack that includes more or less the same tool, but with several others as well. 

I have also seen these in gift shops and tourist traps, dollar stores and other high quality retail outlets.   ::)

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:03 AM
I've bought a bunch of these recently, in order review them all so people know what's good and what's junk.

I'm still waiting on a bunch to come in so I can't make a full recommendation, but right now the best one I've tried that is currently sold on Amazon is the Ruko. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z6HVJY

It's not perfect. Mine came with stiff jaws and loose tools. The stiff jaws were due to one of the metal spacers rubbing on the jaws. I drove 45 minutes today, and worked the pliers the whole trip (one-handed), and by the time the drive was over the jaws were smooth and easy to use.  The tools are sharp. The cutters cut. The jaws are precisely made. The loose tools (lots of side-to-side play) can be fixed with a ball peen hammer and 5 minutes.  The tool design and machining is solid. The assembly sucked a bit, but was fixable. I may have just gotten a bad copy, I'm going to order another one to see if that's the case. Overall I'm really happy with it.

Note the plastic handled versions of this tool are SO much more comfortable to use. The Ruko is thicker (having more tools), and thus is even better in the hand. Once you've had a plastic-handled version you'll never want one of the plain metal style again.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD