Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Casio SGW-100 Zulu Band Adapters Needed or ???

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Casio SGW-100 Zulu Band Adapters Needed or ???
on: June 15, 2018, 11:00:40 AM
Bought a Casio SGW-100 [3157], two sensor (Compass, Thermometer) with a darkened face - figured I would give it a shot since it has a smaller footprint. Looks similar to this photo:

And uses these C-clips, which clip over the watch pins. These pins are slippery when trying to clip them end-to-end.  :ahhh

Went to try and put on a Zulu watchband I had but found it was slightly too wide. Found photos on a few watch forums that others had slipped their Zulu bands through the C-clips. However, they also slipped around on the bands. Am sure that could be fixed once a preferred position was found - a thread sewn through the band or something.

I prefer adapters, as they raise the watch above the Zulu band and one can actually hear the alarm much better. Like this former Casio watch:

So I must find a longer watchband for this watch, which is taking longer than expected. :twak: A zulu band would be far easier to locate, yet where to adapters for this type of watch connection - which is unlike the G Shock adapter??
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Re: Casio SGW-100 Zulu Band Adapters Needed or ???
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:49:19 PM
Seen that there are bars that attach watches to bands. If could only find out if there are any that are watch pins width with a screw, might be able to use them to attach to a strap of decent thickness and use small O-rings to center the watch.
¬ Outback in Idaho

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
G'Day,

There is a mod who started with Citizen strap adaptors, they have now started to make an adaptor for certain G-Shocks.

Have a look at these guys: https://suppaparts.com/G-Shock-Adapters.php

I have used the company for the Citizen parts and have had excellent service.

Pete

Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
Sent them an email and a link to Flickr for photos in the album of said watch. Thanks! :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156880715@N04/albums/72157694844387062

Will see what their response will be. Have since ordered a 1,2mm NATO band from Stockholm. Black band with an orange stripe.

If the C-clips were not such a royal pain in the hemorrhoids I'd slip some tiny O-rings in there, on both sides. As it was, the amount of slack in trying to slip a watch pin under a clip end (with tension) whilst trying to keep the other end in place would take a hour. However with a watchband in there to take up the slack, was a mere few minutes.  :ahhh  Think my grey hairs turned white.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:21:12 AM by Outback in Idaho »
¬ Outback in Idaho

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%