Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help identifying this Wenger...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Help identifying this Wenger...
on: June 18, 2018, 09:07:15 PM
Just bought this from Swiss Reformer here. He was unable to identify it, maybe together we can...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Re: Help identifying this Wenger...
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 09:12:25 PM
Original Matterhorn I think.... :cheers:

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 09:12:45 PM
Cant help you but it looks sweet

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 09:28:55 PM
Ah, looks like I found it!

The Wenger Champ, a version with black scales.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:45:58 PM
cool find! I have that one  :salute:
but with a broken blade and mag glass  :facepalm:

but I still carry it because of the excellent locking Phillips and the awesome wrench!  :cheers:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 01:24:04 AM
Ah, looks like I found it!

The Wenger Champ, a version with black scales.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Yep, nail file instead of the clip point.  Nice knife..... :cheers:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:32:21 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

but I still carry it because of the excellent locking Phillips and the awesome wrench!  :cheers:

Hey TP what's the model with the white scales? I'm diggin' that tool set! :drool:

00 Offline Swiss Reformer

Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 05:14:49 AM
Ha, I wondered that question, myself! 

I know Wenger had a model called the Tool Chest, the predecessor of the Tool Chest Plus, but I wasn't sure. 

Wenger Champ - I wonder who came up with 'Champ' first, Wenger or Vic?!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:15:56 AM by Swiss Reformer »

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 05:35:00 AM
Ha, I wondered that question, myself! 

I know Wenger had a model called the Tool Chest, the predecessor of the Tool Chest Plus, but I wasn't sure. 

Wenger Champ - I wonder who came up with 'Champ' first, Wenger or Vic?!

I can’t seem to find the date range for the Champ??

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 10:56:21 AM
Hey TP what's the model with the white scales? I'm diggin' that tool set! :drool:

Seems like a Wenger Mustang without the horse on the front scale.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 10:59:12 AM

The Vic spa may be able to fix it for you. They probably still have plenty of Wenger blades lying around along with a replacement magnifying glass. You might get printed-crest scales instead if they can't get yours cleanly off but you can ask to get everything they've removed back anyways.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 11:52:45 AM
Just bought this from Swiss Reformer here. He was unable to identify it, maybe together we can...

Great find zrxoa1! :like: :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 02:09:00 PM

as Syem said is a Mustang with white scales, the poor thing was trashed  :cry: and I grabbed it for $5 at a flea market

blades were ground down on a belt grinder,  ??? one was burnt and even changed color, the scales cracked and liners dented, bu the PH driver still locks and the toolset was too cool to ignore  :D

The Vic spa may be able to fix it for you. They probably still have plenty of Wenger blades lying around along with a replacement magnifying glass. You might get printed-crest scales instead if they can't get yours cleanly off but you can ask to get everything they've removed back anyways.

I know but I've had bad experiences with Victorinox Spain each time and I don't really want to invest more time and money to end up angry and disappointed  :P  but thanks  :tu:  I would love to have them good looking or totally functioning again  :drink:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 03:02:28 PM
I know but I've had bad experiences with Victorinox Spain each time and I don't really want to invest more time and money to end up angry and disappointed  :P  but thanks  :tu:  I would love to have them good looking or totally functioning again  :drink:

If you send them both to me I'll have these guys take extremely good care of your beauties. I've had so many repaired by them I now fill up the forms myself at the store :D
Shouldn't cost much and shipping to Spain should be reasonable too.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 03:06:42 PM

If you send them both to me I'll have these guys take extremely good care of your beauties. I've had so many repaired by them I now fill up the forms myself at the store :D
Shouldn't cost much and shipping to Spain should be reasonable too.

are you serious? :ahhh :)   If you are, I'd send you another tool(s) with damaged parts (like the Wenger Entrée in my previous pics) and would gladly pay for the repairs, shipping and your time  :tu:

please PM me if you would do that for me  :salute:
Thanks!
My toys:

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 04:50:07 PM
are you serious? :ahhh :)   If you are, I'd send you another tool(s) with damaged parts (like the Wenger Entrée in my previous pics) and would gladly pay for the repairs, shipping and your time  :tu:

please PM me if you would do that for me  :salute:
Thanks!

I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it :D
Keep in mind though that the vic spa is on holiday during July so with the backlog they have to deal with in August it may take much longer than usual.

The only risk is if they have absolutely no spare parts for them or if you refuse their alternatives. There's no cost from them but just the shipping from you to me and back will be lost money.

Also its really no issue for me. I rarely go 2 weeks without visiting them... The shop is less than 10min away from my place.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:52:54 PM by Syem »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD