Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Pioneer Electrician and Pruner mod: is it possible?

gb Offline BePrepared

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make/mod something like the Victorinox Pioneer Electrician Duo without the main blade and without the cap lifer/screw driver, but keeping/adding the small sheepfoot electrician blade and the pruner blade into a regular Pioneer frame, and add scissors in place of the main blade?  From pictures I cannot tell if the electrician small sheepfoot blade and the pruner would fit in one slot.

Seems to me would make a nice EDC where larger blades are not appreciated....

pt Offline FInixNOver

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make/mod something like the Victorinox Pioneer Electrician Duo without the main blade and without the cap lifer/screw driver, but keeping/adding the small sheepfoot electrician blade and the pruner blade into a regular Pioneer frame, and add scissors in place of the main blade?  From pictures I cannot tell if the electrician small sheepfoot blade and the pruner would fit in one slot.

Seems to me would make a nice EDC where larger blades are not appreciated....
Both will work with the cap lifter/can opener backspring, just not at the same time...
I've tried doing that without success, because I wouldn't get enough tension. Tried both configurations, since the backspring is not simetrical, but besides the lack of tension, one of the blades would sit too low.
I ended up replacing the Awl with the pruner blade (small mod required - twisting of the blade to avoid touching the main blade) and kept the electrician's blade with the cap lifter.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:41:02 AM by FInixNOver »

gb Offline BePrepared

Thanks for the info. From pictures I don't see both small blades in same slot. On Electrician duo I saw the main blade was shaped like a thin wedge (thin 90 triangle ) making room dor the smaller blade.

I suppose I could cut down the main blade to a short sheepfoot shape and pair it with the pruner blade?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

pt Offline FInixNOver

Thanks for the info. From pictures I don't see both small blades in same slot. On Electrician duo I saw the main blade was shaped like a thin wedge (thin 90 triangle ) making room dor the smaller blade.

I suppose I could cut down the main blade to a short sheepfoot shape and pair it with the pruner blade?

I went back to the post where I described how I did it, and realized that I used a main blade backspring to have both blades in one layer. You can see it here.
But like I said the electrician's blade was sitting too low.

This is how it looks at the moment.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:45:45 AM by FInixNOver »

gb Offline BePrepared

From your original post https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,5287.msg1528016.msg.html#1528016  you seem to get the Sheepfoots blade and Hawkbill blade into layer 4. If that is possible, and scissors in another layer, then that's the 2 layer Pioneer I think I want :-)

pt Offline FInixNOver

From your original post https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,5287.msg1528016.msg.html#1528016  you seem to get the Sheepfoots blade and Hawkbill blade into layer 4. If that is possible, and scissors in another layer, then that's the 2 layer Pioneer I think I want :-)
Yeah, I did that, but soon after I changed it to what you see in the pictures, from my post above, when I realized (and wasn't happy about) that the sheepfoots blade was sitting too low, the first few millimeters (when you open the blade) didn't have enough tension, and when closing (also due to the lack of tension) wouldn't close all the way without assistance...
If you can live with that...

gb Offline BePrepared

Would pruner opposite main blade cut down to short sheepfoot work? In same layer?

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Yes, but you'll need a new nail nick in the cut-down blade.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
... sheepfoots blade was sitting too low, the first few millimeters (when you open the blade) didn't have enough tension, and when closing (also due to the lack of tension) wouldn't close all the way without assistance...

Bending the spring a bit may have fixed this. :tu:

gb Offline BePrepared

Pioneer X + pruner blade + dremel + blood, sweat, tears = my perfect SAK?  :-)

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!

The SAK gods do occasionally demand a blood offering...  :pok:

:D
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!

The SAK gods do occasionally demand a blood offering...  :pok:

:D
I dunno if I’m lucky or unlucky, but they seem to want an offering of a generous amount of time, and sweat rather than a few drops of blood from me.

I think I’d rather have things go faster in exchange for doing some blood magic. :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:32:38 AM by Don Pablo »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline BePrepared

So I should probably go for red Alox scales, to hide the blood stains?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Nah, show off the bloodstains with the silver alox.  :tu:

A downside of red alox is that you might need a lot of blood to hide the scratch marks from the disassembly and peening . :ahhh
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69