Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First look at Warthog's Classic 2 V-sharp.

Jors · 4 · 1795

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
First look at Warthog's Classic 2 V-sharp.
on: June 24, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
I bought the Classic 2 V-sharp recently. It is made in South Frica by Warthog.
Here is the wholesale link for retailers to see what it is about. You can find excellent reviews on youtube.
https://knifesharpners.co.za/product-category/v-sharp-classic-ii/

I sharpend 12 kitchen knives and my Joseph Rodgers pocketknive yesterday. What a welcome surprise.
It came standard with the unit and 320# grit diamond stones. If clipped out and turn around, it is a finnishing hard steel blade to smoothen the grated edge. There are instructions in the box as well as a dvd to whatch. I bought a set of 600# grit stones as well for my pocket knives. It makes provisioning to sharpen your blades at 20˚, 25˚ and 30˚. The V-sharp Extreme edge is a lighter plastic version, but can also produce a 17˚ degree angle. The extreme edge is made of durable plastic.

I adjusted the angle of the support guide in 3 seconds and I started to sharpen. I only used the 320# grit and finnished with ten strokes on the steel edge. All 12 knives could cut paper in a short period of time. I then sharpened my Joseph rodgers on the 600# grit and ten strokes through the steel. I could shave hairs.

I also have the Lansky delux kit and the Warthog Multi Edge. I also have the soft and hard Lansky Arkansas stones and pocket versions and a strop.

I must honestly say, I am not going to use the other systems so much, but rather the V-sharp. I don't need to clean after sharpening and I dont need oil. It is so much faster and convenient. I can just say Wow!

I will make myself a carrying pouch in future.

Warthog also sells a diamond stone with 4 different sides, designed for serrated edges. On the Multi Edge you can adjust the angle precisely to get the perfect sharpening for the serrated blades. The 4 different sizes will accommodate all profiles.
It can be purchased loose and fitted with a plastic handle, wich I did and now I can be ready on field trips or when camping.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Re: First look at Warthog's Classic 2 V-sharp.
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:41:38 AM
Thank you for your review!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Antonio

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:41:04 PM
Many thanks  :cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:45:04 PM
Nice write up. Thanks!   :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24