Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modded Suspension Multitool (Key Management)

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Modded Suspension Multitool (Key Management)
on: June 24, 2018, 02:52:48 PM
Hello, a brief introduction as well as some pictures. I am a chemist and a teacher that loves to tinker. This is one of my recent projects that provides a proof of concept before I move forward with my 3D printed prototypes.

Cheers,
H.G.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Re: Modded Suspension Multitool (Key Management)
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:56:54 PM
 :like: I like the tool set on the suspension. Most of them have reasonable reach and decent quality. The mistake is when they decided to fit in a plier..  :facepalm:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 04:17:56 PM
Great looking mod :like: and Welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 04:21:02 PM
By removing the spacers I was able to get 6 tools on one arm rather than just 4. The two thinnest spacers were used between the sisors and the next tool and the blade. This way when I flick the blade open, nothing else opens.

I think the tools are kind of meh. But the size on them is perfect. I cut a slot in the back side to add my car key. Will add another photo when I get it on there.

For the record you need a 1” #10-24 screw and a lock nut for the tool side. I used a M4 20mm screw for the key side.

Cheers,
H.G.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 05:37:03 PM
By removing the spacers I was able to get 6 tools on one arm rather than just 4. The two thinnest spacers were used between the sisors and the next tool and the blade. This way when I flick the blade open, nothing else opens.

I think the tools are kind of meh. But the size on them is perfect. I cut a slot in the back side to add my car key. Will add another photo when I get it on there.

For the record you need a 1” #10-24 screw and a lock nut for the tool side. I used a M4 20mm screw for the key side.

Cheers,
H.G.

What happened to the original screws?  :think:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 03:32:44 PM

Cheers,
H.G.

What happened to the original screws?  :think:

they were screwed, so you can imagine  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 01:18:49 AM
The original screws have very bad teeth and strip easy. Also I was able to fit a seventh tool on it by putting the lanyard on the outside of the screw. I am going to make some mods to the individual tools. I am going to make the small flat into a awl, and going to sharpen a number of angles on the bottle opener/can opener.

i also used a small gromet as a spring for the key side, this works very well. The maximum number of standard keys you can have on this without any metal work is 3. Unfortunately my car key has a chip in it, therefore I can't get a thin version to add to this which sucks...but it is what it is.

Cheers,
HG
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:05:44 AM by Happy Gilmore »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56