Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fasting "Challenge" - Open to All

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Fasting "Challenge" - Open to All
Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 03:30:43 PM
Give it some time......

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #61 on: July 24, 2018, 04:00:14 PM
yes, it's a matter of time.  :D

And talking about time, I don't plan to fast today but so far I haven't eaten yet (it's 16PM now) and I don't really feel lots of hunger, just little butterflies in my stomach

Who knows what I'll do  :think: I don't feel like cooking but I fasted yesterday so two days in a row might not be the best now  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #62 on: July 24, 2018, 04:31:35 PM
Have a little something.

Remember, that after being deprived of protein for a while, your body will start to break down your muscle tissue in order to use those amino acids for other vital life functions.

Fasting for too long may be possible (I was on a survival course where we ate next to nothing for 7 days. Litteraly one roll of Lifesavers candy and one bite of a rabbit.), but you have to ask when the detrimental effects of fasting start to outweigh the benefits.   :tu:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 04:45:13 PM
is eating butterflies an option?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 04:45:43 PM
Have a little something.

Remember, that after being deprived of protein for a while, your body will start to break down your muscle tissue in order to use those amino acids for other vital life functions.

Fasting for too long may be possible (I was on a survival course where we ate next to nothing for 7 days. Litteraly one roll of Lifesavers candy and one bite of a rabbit.), but you have to ask when the detrimental effects of fasting start to outweigh the benefits.   :tu:

yes, I am very aware of that  ;)

Dr.Fung et al. concluded with their studies that in normal conditions (that is, not doing heavy exercise, lifting, strenuous daily activity etc.) muscle decay would not start until the 3rd day of fasting approx (depending on the subject, their routine, etc.)  :ahhh

but, anyways, I'm going to make something now for tonight or before that if I feel like it. I know I have some avocado and yoghourt that urge consumption, that makes a great base for a lot of recipes  :salute:

source of protein  :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #65 on: July 24, 2018, 05:06:54 PM

We were on a mountain and it was -20ºF (-29ºC). Didn't many butterflies.  :-\

hr Offline styx

Reply #66 on: July 24, 2018, 08:55:28 PM
everything is a source of protein if you're willing to eat it

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #67 on: July 24, 2018, 09:16:09 PM
Trust me, after 5 days living outside in sub-zero weather, you are willing to eat it.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 01:36:29 PM

well, not really  ???
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 01:56:35 PM

well, not really  ???

ok ok except sources of carbs and fats

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: July 25, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
Trust me, after 5 days living outside in sub-zero weather, you are willing to eat it.

You would think so, wouldn't you?

I always figured get a vegetarian hungry enough and he/she/it will cut off the horns, wipe the behind and eat the whole cow.

Apparently maybe not, it seems there are more evolved folks out there than me...... :whistle:

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: July 25, 2018, 03:27:39 PM
On the topic of this challenge....

I've fallen off the bus, rolling around bleeding in the road in fact  :P

I've managed to get myself out of a bit of a couch potato funk, apart from putting in 2 hours in the workshop after work I've done some minor domestic chores as well  :facepalm:

That means my general day-to-day life is progressing roughly how I want it to......except for fasting.

As yet I don't see a way to incorporate this, it might just be habit, but by 8am I'm ravenous, and thanks to my 2nd job I only come out of the workshop around 8pm.

That said, Saturday was particularly active, and what followed 4am on Sunday morning is just another reminder that I need to change....

LCHF is one thing, but what get's me sometimes is if I eat rich food too late it's like my stomach closes up, I wake up sick and there's only one direction for dinner to go.....

hr Offline styx

Reply #72 on: July 25, 2018, 03:33:55 PM
day 10 - the natives are really boring today

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #73 on: July 25, 2018, 03:54:55 PM
Oh, dear.....

More hot sauce?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #74 on: July 25, 2018, 03:55:40 PM
I'm planning on starting my 36 hour fast this evening....after my strawberry ice cream.  ;)

hr Offline styx

Reply #75 on: July 25, 2018, 08:56:24 PM
Oh, dear.....

More hot sauce?

yup. I was daydreaming about hot things today - women, Vrabasco, jalapenos...

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #76 on: July 25, 2018, 08:59:36 PM
Could be worse ways to spend the day.....

hr Offline styx

Reply #77 on: July 25, 2018, 09:59:42 PM
true. I could have actually been doing something less productive for myself

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #78 on: July 26, 2018, 12:58:14 PM
As yet I don't see a way to incorporate this, it might just be habit, but by 8am I'm ravenous, and thanks to my 2nd job I only come out of the workshop around 8pm.
LCHF is one thing, but what get's me sometimes is if I eat rich food too late it's like my stomach closes up, I wake up sick and there's only one direction for dinner to go.....

trust me in that gets easier very quick. 8)
Now after starting the 2/7 I'm never hungry until 18PM or whereabouts, so if I decide to eat it's a mere 2 or 3 hour window before I go to sleep, and if I dedice to fast it's just 2-3 hours that my stomach is bugging me,  :twak:

so far I've been totally fine with not having anything until late afternoon, the mornings become easier and the hunger waves more separated,
but it truly is/was ahrder the first days  :salute:

I'm going to fast today too as I know that I won't be bugged by hunger until six PM or so, and then I have lots of things to do outside this evening so I'll probably end up distracted enough so as not to eat until I go to sleep  :cheers:
My toys:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #79 on: July 26, 2018, 02:01:20 PM
I stopped eating after 18:00 last night. Today is a fasting day for me.

Having a little black coffee this morning while I roam MTo.

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: July 27, 2018, 10:05:24 AM
Watched the first (of 4) hour of this last night

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8569230/

:facepalm:
Very convincing, again, but man eating like that here would be redonkulously expensive.....

We have a saying which roughly translates as "you're opening an umbrella in your own arse"   :facepalm:

hr Offline styx

Reply #81 on: July 27, 2018, 10:23:20 AM
Watched the first (of 4) hour of this last night

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8569230/

:facepalm:
Very convincing, again, but man eating like that here would be redonkulously expensive.....

We have a saying which roughly translates as "you're opening an umbrella in your own arse"   :facepalm:

there is a lot of that going around.
have you heard of the Vertical diet? it is the in thing right now, many people are seeing excellent results. now i took pen to paper and when to the store. the end result was that I can choose between running that diet or paying the bills because both can't be covered by my pay

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: July 27, 2018, 11:12:57 AM
Well I have now.........not really my thing, but interesting.

I instinctively try to stick with whole foods, especially when it comes to meat.

One of the fascinating points raised is the difference between people exposed to the same carcinogen, high protein diet and you get cancer, low (or no) protein diet and you don't .......

hr Offline styx

Reply #83 on: July 30, 2018, 02:53:10 PM
day 21 (i think) - the natives, at least some, are very polite and civilized. one could even say tamed. i sincerely hope that doesn't rub off on me

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:38 AM
Intermittent fasting mentioned in the last UFC......fighter no longer struggling to make weight.

Due to various circumstances I more or less stuck to the schedule from Saturday till yesterday.

Everything that happened was very far from my normal routine, and even when I feel that advantages I'm still not sure how to manage this on a "normal" day.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #85 on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

Due to various circumstances I more or less stuck to the schedule from Saturday till yesterday.

Everything that happened was very far from my normal routine, and even when I feel that advantages I'm still not sure how to manage this on a "normal" day.

oddly enough I find it easier to fast on "non normal" days when you're out of your routine, especially if you have lots of things to do, as the distraction and need to do progress and make projects, works, or "to do" things don't really leave much time left that day to think about eating  :salute:

I am fasting today and yesterday I didn't have dinner  ??? so I guess I am making some progress as I didn't feel the need to eat anything after 6PM, and went to sleep just fine, relieved that I didn't have to think about what to prepare for that night  :tu:

hopefully together it will be similar  :)
My toys:

hr Offline styx

Reply #86 on: August 01, 2018, 02:16:33 PM
keep at it guys

day 23 (?) - the natives have seemingly fallen into a routine of asking for many things in the morning and giving me afternoons off

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%