Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Photoshop request

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Photoshop request
on: June 27, 2018, 03:44:18 AM
So, I'm probably going to be painting my Jeep this summer, and since Jurassic Park is my all time favorite movie, I've been thinking about doing a tribute type paint job.

My plan is to paint the Jeep gloss black, with the accents done in flat black.  Saying that, I was hoping someone could Photoshop this pic for me so I could get an idea if I'll like it or not.
jeep_layout.jpg
* jeep_layout.jpg (Filesize: 97.75 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: Photoshop request
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:22:03 AM
 :D
black-jeep.jpg
* black-jeep.jpg (Filesize: 1.2 KB)

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 10:46:26 AM
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 01:37:14 PM
 :think: Is that the correct shade :rofl:

Otherwise top job Ron :salute:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 01:38:24 PM
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 02:58:12 PM
Good seeing you DMack.  Fun idea for a themed paint job. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 02:58:37 PM
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:38:14 AM
Good seeing you DMack.  Fun idea for a themed paint job.
Thanks buddy.  I'm always lurking, but have still been trying to limit my online time.  I miss the time I used to spend here, but overall it feels good not being glued to a screen. :)

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:38:43 AM

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 12:51:56 PM
That sounds like an awesome color scheme Derek!  If I had any talent with Photoshop I'd try to do it for you, but I doubt I could do as good a job as Ron!

It might be easier to paint the Jeep and have the graphics done with decals instead of trying to paint it that way though.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 05:26:47 PM
I´m not that good with PhotoShop but I found a pic on the web.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 11:43:57 PM
That sounds like an awesome color scheme Derek!  If I had any talent with Photoshop I'd try to do it for you, but I doubt I could do as good a job as Ron!

It might be easier to paint the Jeep and have the graphics done with decals instead of trying to paint it that way though.

Def
I think it would look pretty good!  I do eventually want to build a screen accurate YJ, but that won't happen anytime soon.

I agree with getting decals instead of painting the numbers.  I won't get a perfect color match with the two blacks, but it'll look better than anything I can mask off!!

I also hit up YouTube to help figure out PS, and managed to come up with this:
jeep_layout copy copy.jpg
* jeep_layout copy copy.jpg (Filesize: 193.65 KB)

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 07:05:36 AM
So, I'm probably going to be painting my Jeep this summer, and since Jurassic Park is my all time favorite movie, I've been thinking about doing a tribute type paint job.

My plan is to paint the Jeep gloss black, with the accents done in flat black.  Saying that, I was hoping someone could Photoshop this pic for me so I could get an idea if I'll like it or not.

Great idea Derek, I'm surprised I haven't yet seen one driving around. Now i cant shake the image of Wayne Knight with a cheeseburger and smugglers Barbasol in his hand as he tries to climb back to the "gas Jeep" after wrapping the winch cable around the tree. Thanks for that.  NEWMAN!

Back in the 70's, we used to see VW Beetles painted in the Herbie the Love Bug sceme all the rime. Or Gran Torinos painted red with a white stripe. Scoobie Doo vans. This one takes the cake, though.

I read somewhere that the (not really) electric track SUV's in the original movie were going to be Jeep Grand Cherokees,  but Ford Explorer won out, or Jeep didn't want ther new SUV to look bad, getting all beat up, or something.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 10:21:09 PM
There's a Scooby Doo van less than a block away from me here.  I'll try to get a pic of it when I walk my dogs later.

Derek- that black on black looks way cooler than I was imagining it would, and I thought it looked cool already!  I'd be tempted to go one step further and do a metallic black and flat black, but that's just my inner Liberace talking... :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 02:43:44 AM
There's a Scooby Doo van less than a block away from me here.  I'll try to get a pic of it when I walk my dogs later.

Derek- that black on black looks way cooler than I was imagining it would, and I thought it looked cool already!  I'd be tempted to go one step further and do a metallic black and flat black, but that's just my inner Liberace talking... :D

Def
Scooby Doo van, that's AWESOME!! 

I sprayed a panel (not on the Jeep) with the gloss black, and I'll spray some of the flat black tomorrow or Monday to see just how it looks together.  The gloss gave me more orange peel than I was hoping, but it was all user error.  I didn't realize my pressure gauge wasn't working properly until after I was done.  Oh well, this is why I want to shoot some test panels before I shoot the Jeep. :)

I think I'll like it, and I'm looking forward to doing the paint job.  I'm glad I'll have two weeks off to work at it though, as it's going to be a lot of work!

Metallic black with the flat would look awesome, but I gotta work with what I have.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%