Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Knipex at Lowe's?

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Knipex at Lowe's?
on: July 09, 2018, 04:52:43 AM
Doing some digging around on the Lowe's site for tommorrow's trip, I noticed they had a ton of Knipex stuff. Is Lowe's planning on starting carrying the stuff in stores, perhaps to phase out another brand? Not that there's anything wrong with Channellock--Irwin on the other hand, it isn't Petersen to say the least (their 6LNs are crap compared to my Petersen Vise Grips, including a 6LN), Knipex stuff is superior in my opinion to either brands' pliers. Home Depot has Knipex and Klein, Lowe's has neither.  Nearest Home Depots are an hour and a half in either direction, so this is good news to me.  And no industrial supply place near me carries Knipex, just Proto, Klein, and Urrea (started out as the Mexican arm of Proto, was purchased by a businessman by the name of Urrea about 20 years ago)

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=knipex

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Knipex at Lowe's?
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:35:17 AM
That's great news to me as well :cheers: I hope they do as the nearest Home Depot is about that far from me as well :salute: :like:

us Offline Zhenchok

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:56:03 PM
Lowes used to have a lot of Knipex tools and a few years ago they clearanced them all off and replaced all Knipex with some made in China brand Southwire.  I am glad they are going back to Knipex. There were people getting pliers for $6 on clearance.

An older post I found, if you google the posts from GarageJournal, you will be shocked at how cheap people were buying the closeout knipex tools.
https://toolguyd.com/lowes-replacing-channellock-knipex-pliers-cutters-with-southwire-tools/
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 02:00:06 PM
I've never seen Knipex in a physical Lowes store. Only online. It would be nice if them or Home Depot started carrying it in person.  :drool:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 11:31:32 PM
Lowes in Canada  carry a few models , rarely the sizes and models I want . I’ve gone about 95% Knipex with my work tools , I tend to buy in specialized tool supply stores ( Atlas Machinery ) in Toronto . Even when buying from industrial suppliers , I have to get stuff special ordered . Knipex is a fantastic line ,

Chris

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 12:05:43 AM
I often carry, as I am today, the Knipex mini pliers wrench.  Those things, and their bigger brothers, are mighty handy.  And the smooth jaws don't eat up your material.

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:31:33 AM
I often carry, as I am today, the Knipex mini pliers wrench.  Those things, and their bigger brothers, are mighty handy.  And the smooth jaws don't eat up your material.

(Image removed from quote.)

I always carry a 125 mm Cobra , and a 125mm Plierwrench , got me out of a plie of jams , and minor eater leaks . The Plierwrench is also great for minor metal forming/reforming , and crimping .

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD