Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MP600 Steel retaining clip

Offline Timbo

• New User
MP600 Steel retaining clip
on: January 18, 2021, 02:45:29 PM
Hi All

Newby to the forum and desperate for some help. The steel retaining clip on my trusty circa 1998 MP600 needlenose has come off and lost so thought I would be able to source a replacement but its proving much harder than I thought. I emailed Fiscar's looking for help but didn't get a response which was disappointing.

Can anybody please help as I'm very fond of these and it would be a shame to have to throw them away for the sake of a very cheap part.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: MP600 Steel retaining clip
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 03:28:00 PM
Have you tried contacting Gerber ?  If you can't source one you could try to make one out of a feeler gauge of the right thickness. You could also put a want to buy ad in our trading section here on the forum.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 03:28:21 PM
And welcome to the forum !    :cheers:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 06:13:08 PM
Welcome, Timbo! If you're referring to the c clips thst keep the pliers head in the handles, do write or call Gerber Customer Service as Steve says; those are parts that they send to the customer when asked for, as per warranty service. I know it works as I had to get replacements and they serve me well. But, if like me, you do not like to be without your tool while waiting and are somewhat (or know someone) skillful with a rotary tool/Dremel, you can make a replacement from a worn hacksaw blade. Here's what I did almost a year back:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,84221.msg2100966.html#msg2100966

Good luck and, again, welcome.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24