Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Truss and Suspension NXT

Sam Lim · 97 · 14217

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Gerber Truss and Suspension NXT
Reply #90 on: May 11, 2019, 10:32:32 AM
Truss is $25.70 on Amazon today  :dunno:

Anybody like theirs or just too many hotspots? Sheath looks like it was made from old guitar straps.

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #91 on: May 11, 2019, 11:30:40 AM
I like the suspension nxt bettet then the truss. The truss is good enough as a tool, but if you plan on cutting anything with some resistance you are going to feel it in your hand.

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #92 on: May 12, 2019, 07:48:19 AM
I like the suspension nxt bettet then the truss. The truss is good enough as a tool, but if you plan on cutting anything with some resistance you are going to feel it in your hand.

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

Yeah the $26 price seems reasonable, but knowing the track record of these Gerbers it will probably go below $20 over time, and there is little user info on it, like 1 review on youtube  along with MTO members input...poor ergos and weird name do not make a poular multi.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #93 on: May 12, 2019, 08:29:05 AM
It's a cheapo tool. And it is really good for the price bracket. IMO. A bit better than LM's and SOG's offerings in the same price neighborhood.  :)

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #94 on: May 27, 2019, 07:41:07 PM
The NXT has really grown on me over time.  The truss is awkward and feels cheaper, I think because of the inexplicably thinner steel in the chassis.  It isn't worth the extra thickness for a short saw and second blade.

I'd actually argue though that the NXT is the best value-for-money MT on the market.  Outside opening, all locking, decent ergonomics, thick  stock for the driver's, good scissors, good tool selection.  It's wonderful.  Good job Gerber.

It's a cheap tool, but I don't think it feels cheap.  Yeah, no one will mistake this for a Swisstool, but it feels high quality to me.

Leatherman Free is like 5x the price.  Definitely not 5x the functionality.

Offline stugumby

Reply #95 on: May 04, 2020, 11:16:43 PM
Just got in a barely used Gerber Truss, im not overly impressed with it. I only paid $22 shipped so its definitely worth $22, but the handles have hideous scrape hot spots , especially the safety closure locks. pliers are ok, knives are so small, drivers, openers look ok. grip width when using the pliers is a bit bulky and the rough edges dont make a good squeeze possible unless wearing light gloves of some kind. I will use it at work for 30 days and see where it ends up, probably in the loaner box at work or maybe in a light duty bail out bag in the car. Didnt have a sheath or bits but i can scrounge those eventually if i like it enough. Might leave it out on patio bucket with wifes garden stuff.  :o

Offline Regardswithnoremains

• New User
Reply #96 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:03 PM
I have a question for whoever can answer it regarding the finish on the truss handles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%