Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Coast Pocket Toolbox C3900CP

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Coast Pocket Toolbox C3900CP
on: July 10, 2018, 06:17:08 PM
I snagged this off of Amazon for $7. It's listed with an incorrect photo and description here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BE0NQE

You won't get the tool pictured. You'll get the tool I've attached a photo of below.

As far as these tools go, it's just okay. The blade is wicked sharp, the file works on metal, the phillips driver does tend to cam out a little, but it's also supremely useful. The locking works, but the tools don't stay completely 180 degrees out, there's play in the tools before they hit the lock on the lid. The can opener is unsharpened, and I can't see it working very well because of that. The coating on the handle makes it very difficult to read the ruler. Finally, the pliers are absolutely useless. They're smaller than Wenger pliers, and have no backspring. They're glorified tweezers, and very difficult to use. They also have a grindy feeling to them and the tips don't line up.

The little wire piece across the handle is actually useful and a nice thing to attach a lanyard to. The handles open 180 degrees to make a decent ruler, except for the difficulty seeing the markings on the black part.

Overall, I would have preferred the tool I ordered instead of the one I received.... BUT, I do really love the phillips driver in this thing. So If I do ever get the other type, I'm going to pop that (poorly-peened) rivet out and swap some tools around.

Overall worth $7. But not more than that.

Charles.
IMG_4229.jpg
* IMG_4229.jpg (Filesize: 278.39 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Coast Pocket Toolbox C3900CP
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:50:53 PM
I've had two versions over the years, the Micro Toolbox, and the Fishing Toolbox. The one thing both ad that were really bad were the scissors, which didn't cut.  They are both a copy of the Kutmaster Minimaster. I have a private label version, the Armstrong Mini Tool, and it's decent for the $12 price and actually has good scissors.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: Coast Pocket Toolbox C3900CP
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 07:29:34 PM
Note that the micro toolbox and the Kutmaster Minimaster are significantly smaller than the fishing toolbox and this pocket toolbox. Those are both 2.375" long tools. This is 3.25" long.

If the scissors cut paper, gauze, or tape that's good enough for me. I'm wanting a micro tool to go in a first aid kit.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD