Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Blast Review

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Leatherman Blast Review
on: July 10, 2018, 10:32:09 PM
Hey guys just uploaded a new youtube video check it out
https://youtu.be/CsNwknpnZIg
And here is the link to my channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2cDtNmjD9UPJ-9nvDq9Njg
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Leatherman Blast Review
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 10:38:53 PM
When is the release date for the Blast? :pok:

Joking aside, I am adding it to watch later. I absolutely love the Blast.  :tu:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:39:01 PM
When is the release date for the Blast? :pok:

Joking aside, I am adding it to watch later. I absolutely love the Blast.  :tu:
I'm not sure where the date stamp is on the Blast. And cool thanks!
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:28:37 AM
I have handled a Blast, and I liked it a lot. I may get one, but I do have a Rebar, so, we'll see.
Great job again, I like how you show the tools.  :cheers:
The lighting is better, and I appreciate your normal talking speed. I have been watching reviews for a couple of months, and most people are terrible at it.
Subbed and liked.  :like:

Great coin too!  :D
And you have a Rebar. Perhaps it will also make an appearance?  ::)
Also, it's nice to see some plugs for mto. A lot of people do not know it exists, yet could benefit immensely from it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:32:01 AM by ReamerPunch »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 06:39:24 AM
Not too shabby, Matt! :like:

Two things I would do differently are these:
1. Change up the adjectives. Maybe avoid "pretty good" if you can. "Works well", "sufficient" or "works properly" are good replacements. Among many others.
2. Using that round as a size comparison. I like guns, but have no idea what is going on with using ammunition as a size reference to MTs. I assume most people won't know what they're looking at either. An inch/centimeter ruler is probably the best thing to use. IMO of course.

Get a cheap scale and caliper from harbor freight and your set!

That being said, you have a good video presence for sure. A little polish and refinement is all you need. Plus, there is always a teething period for new reviewers. You have what it takes though. Motivation and enthusiasm, combined with a good video presence will be a good thing.
I tried getting into it, but I suck and hate the sound of my own voice. :P

Thank you for getting into video reviewing, Matt. The size of the, non-sellout, review pool is dwindling. :cheers:

Edit: subbed and liked. :tu:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:44:05 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 07:56:27 AM

1. Change up the adjectives. Maybe avoid "pretty good" if you can. "Works well", "sufficient" or "works properly" are good replacements. Among many others.
2. Using that round as a size comparison. I like guns, but have no idea what is going on with using ammunition as a size reference to MTs. I assume most people won't know what they're looking at either. An inch/centimeter ruler is probably the best thing to use. IMO of course.

That being said, you have a good video presence for sure. A little polish and refinement is all you need. Plus, there is always a teething period for new reviewers. You have what it takes though. Motivation and enthusiasm, combined with a good video presence will be a good thing.

Thank you for getting into video reviewing, Matt. The size of the, non-sellout, review pool is dwindling. :cheers:

yeah I kind of beat myself up over reusing that same adjective lol I guess you're right about the ammunition thing. I tried making the theme "american made" and I thought I would use a couple pieces of Americana as size comparisons haha  thanks for the feedback it really helps. And thanks for your support!
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 07:58:53 AM
well I subbed
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Captain Hook

Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:03:34 AM
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 03:05:37 PM
yeah I kind of beat myself up over reusing that same adjective lol I guess you're right about the ammunition thing. I tried making the theme "american made" and I thought I would use a couple pieces of Americana as size comparisons haha  thanks for the feedback it really helps. And thanks for your support!

when I was in the geology field we used to tke hundreds of pics of rock, jaciments, rock walls and stones,
we used universally recognisable items for size comparisons (not even Euro coins, as each country has their currency sizes!  :P)

I remember using BIC lighters, BIC Pens, LEGO minifigures, Zippos, Golf Balls, and keyboard keys  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 09:00:08 PM

You're quite welcome, Matt! :cheers:

It is great to see new faces in multitool reviews. A lot of the good reviewers spend too much time reviewing tools that were sent to them for free. Subsequently, with the free tools, they don't judge them as harshly as they should. :facepalm:
I bought several tools, because of "good" reviews and was disappointed.  :ahhh

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 07:48:10 AM
Hello. Thank you for your review. I had a blast and regret a lot giving it away. The good thing is it went to a good friend. I also agree on the fact that its quality was so much better the the rebar. I had the same isssue snapping implements on the rebar, plus it had an annoying pliers sideplay while the blast did not. Maybe i will hunt for one again in the future! Cheers

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Antonio

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 07:52:20 AM
The Rebars are generally very good. But, I had one that was a dud.  Sent it back and got a perfect Rebar back

Now, with that said and in agreement, the Blast is an outrageously good tool. The Rebar would have been amazing if they had remodeled the Blast parts to a slimmer profile. IMO of course.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

Now, with that said and in agreement, the Blast is an outrageously good tool. The Rebar would have been amazing if they had remodeled the Blast parts to a slimmer profile. IMO of course.

:iagree:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline badwolf

• No Life Club
  • my best friends a dog
Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 04:59:22 PM

when I was in the geology field we used to tke hundreds of pics of rock, jaciments, rock walls and stones,
we used universally recognisable items for size comparisons (not even Euro coins, as each country has their currency sizes!  :P)

I remember using BIC lighters, BIC Pens, LEGO minifigures, Zippos, Golf Balls, and keyboard keys  :salute:
Maybe a credit card, playing card  :think:

Good stuff Matt.

Already subscribed, keep em coming :tu:
"I like me, my wife likes me"

JC PT&A

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86