Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

All things paddling

eamo · 140 · 5874

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Re: All things paddling
Reply #90 on: November 25, 2018, 09:50:08 PM
Nice pics, Myron. Beautiful dogs, too God rest their souls.

I've been kayaking for years, and  since he came to me 4 years ago Scout the ThundahBeagle comes with me. Usually I hook his leash around some part of the seat frame of the kayak, running the end of the leash through the hand loop, and then clip to his harness. He stands on the bow and alternately jumps in.

But I've been thinking more and more about getting a canoe, as it seems it would provide more room for Scout.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #91 on: November 25, 2018, 11:34:08 PM
Awesome, awesome post Myron.  :hatsoff:

+1    :salute:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #92 on: November 26, 2018, 02:06:02 AM
I thought I posted this on here, but someone posted it on Facebook and my freaking face dropped, especially when the one guy threw his paddle up in the air to cheer, OMG the eyes started to flow..
JR
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9xGn5cIkQ
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #93 on: November 26, 2018, 02:22:00 AM
I thought I posted this on here, but someone posted it on Facebook and my freaking face dropped, especially when the one guy threw his paddle up in the air to cheer, OMG the eyes started to flow..
JR

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,79654.0.html

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: November 26, 2018, 02:39:42 AM
Nice pics, Myron. Beautiful dogs, too God rest their souls.

I've been kayaking for years, and  since he came to me 4 years ago Scout the ThundahBeagle comes with me. Usually I hook his leash around some part of the seat frame of the kayak, running the end of the leash through the hand loop, and then clip to his harness. He stands on the bow and alternately jumps in.

But I've been thinking more and more about getting a canoe, as it seems it would provide more room for Scout.

+1    :salute:

Thanks you guys!   Isn't it amazing how dogs and canoe trips just sort of seep into the corners of your life?   I can't believe how many trips I've taken with these great beasts. 

Happy Thanksgiving weekend to everyone observing it!

Myron

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #95 on: November 26, 2018, 02:58:27 AM
JR

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,79654.0.html
I knew I saw that somewhere, those Rx really screw with ya! Or maybe it’s just old age?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #96 on: November 26, 2018, 01:19:02 PM
Thanks for posting your pics Myron!  I grew up with a Sports Pal canoe and I am still always on the lookout for one at a decent price.  They were made in North Bay, Ontario and are super light aluminum, and come with paddles that also function as oars when you are alone or if the person you are with is too frustrating to paddle with!   :ahhh

I'm sorry to hear about the dogs, but it sounds like they had good, long, full lives, and they certainly seem happy to be in the canoes with you!  Unfortunately my Daisy is a bit big at 140lbs to take in my kayaks, and at almost 11 years old with a bum leg, I don't think this is the time to introduce her to a canoe.  I keep saying that my next dog will be something like a French Bulldog or Jack Russel that I can take in the kayak (or potential future canoe) with me, because I hate going in the woods and not taking my dog(s).  It seems like I am cheating them of something they love too.

It also sounds like maybe you have been in and around some of my regular spots, if you come into Ontario from Michigan.  My family is mostly in the area between Sault Ste Marie and Sudbury, and my parents live in Blind River, not far from Elliot Lake.  That is, in my opinion, some of the absolute most beautiful hiking and paddling areas in the world!  Next time you are heading that way, let me know and I'll do my best to meet up with you for an adventure!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: November 26, 2018, 03:59:35 PM
Sounds great!  The last few years we've been mostly visiting Lake Superior Provincial Park, so a little west of you I guess.  But I've been hankering to explore more areas that I haven't visited before.  I will definitely lean on you for advice!

Myron

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #98 on: November 27, 2018, 03:17:11 AM
Superior is one heck of a big lake!  I usually only go on (or in!) Huron, but I'm game for any paddling anywhere. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #99 on: February 26, 2019, 05:26:03 PM
SOG is supporting a paddling team that is looking to break some world records!

http://multitool.org/blog/sog-knives-and-tools-supporting-extreme-athletes-in-amazing-adventures

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:55 PM
It's time to wake this thread up again I have only been out two times this season but I just haven't had the time.

Here is one from last time, forgot to take pics but got one.. I have a phone in aloksak and didn't take it out for the pic

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #101 on: July 13, 2019, 02:34:33 AM
I have a few paddling adventures that I need to get posted... I've been out a few times lately.

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #102 on: July 13, 2019, 09:30:22 AM
Looking forward to them!

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #103 on: September 01, 2020, 06:19:33 PM
So there I was walking the dog around our local loch this morning and it's beautifully flat water with and just the right kind of warm air.  Not too hot, not too cold.  Perfect.  I see someone out in their kayak speeding along and think to myself "boy oh boy, that looks like it might be fun".  Of course I then remember that I own a boat or two but what with global pandemics and whatnot I've not had them out this year. :doh:  The PBK wood and skin kayak is too much of a faff for one person to move around but that's what the wee Sevylor is perfect for. 

Got home, fed the dog and threw a few bits and pieces in the back of the car and headed back to the loch.  Of course by this time the cloud has come over and has been brought by some wind.  Not a super strong wind mind you, but enough that the high sided Sevylor really notices.  I went out anyway and manfully paddled into a headwind thinking "at least I can enjoy a good push on the way back down".  You know what's coming right?  (No, I didn't capsize) I get to the top of the loch and the wind I'd been fighting for 40 minutes dies back.  Not to nothing, but all the chop is gone and it's not going to help me one iota.  Giving my arms a bit of a rest I very gently paddle back to the jetty and pull the boat out.  Then I get a tail wind again. Still a nice way to spend an hour or so though.

IMG_20200901_115221087 (1).jpg
* IMG_20200901_115221087 (1).jpg (Filesize: 177.25 KB)
IMG_20200901_115235876 (1).jpg
* IMG_20200901_115235876 (1).jpg (Filesize: 123.86 KB)
IMG_20200901_121047507_HDR.jpg
* IMG_20200901_121047507_HDR.jpg (Filesize: 271.99 KB)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: September 01, 2020, 07:01:28 PM
Always nice to get out on the water.. Was out earlier today with three colleagues, mirror like water when we headed out but a light breeze and small waves on the way home.. Here is one from half time snack and rest

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #105 on: September 03, 2020, 10:02:57 PM
Good stuff guys!  :tu:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #106 on: September 05, 2020, 02:20:44 PM
Gorgeous trips guys!  One of these days I hope to paddle with each of you in some of your favorite spots!

I've had a few paddling adventures this summer, but not nearly as many as I should have.  I will (eventually) get them posted for all to see!

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #107 on: September 05, 2020, 02:51:20 PM
Looking forward to it boss! And you are always welcome if you ever go to Sweden

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #108 on: September 06, 2020, 01:08:19 PM
Looking forward to it boss! And you are always welcome if you ever go to Sweden

I have been showing your pics to my brother to try and convince him to come with me on a Scandinavian paddling trip, so keep posting them!   :pok:

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: September 06, 2020, 05:21:33 PM
I have been showing your pics to my brother to try and convince him to come with me on a Scandinavian paddling trip, so keep posting them!   :pok:

Def
Will do! Not getting out that much this year with the new baby and all but I will try at least one more time this season

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #110 on: July 28, 2021, 07:01:10 PM
So I finally got out on the years first trip and it was awlsome! Nice still water, big waves, sunshine and rain, wind in my back and then right in the face! A nice trip just shy of 19km

We paddle around an area that has an old fort and when getting to the outside we found a narrow channel that led to a nice spot for coffee and sandwiches

Here you can se "carlstens fästning" in the background

Here is the place we found

The green on is mine

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #111 on: July 28, 2021, 07:29:11 PM
What a beautiful place to paddle!

We have been out a few times, but not many and not for long due to our hellish work schedules and other issues.

I'll post some pics when I can- until then I will enjoy yours to the fullest!

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #112 on: July 28, 2021, 08:31:29 PM
That looks like a great paddle!  :like:

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #113 on: July 28, 2021, 09:24:56 PM
What a beautiful place to paddle!

We have been out a few times, but not many and not for long due to our hellish work schedules and other issues.

I'll post some pics when I can- until then I will enjoy yours to the fullest!

Def
It really was!

I'm looking forwards to some pics and hope that you get more time to paddle soon
That looks like a great paddle!  :like:
It really was! Here is some more about the fort of you want to read https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlsten

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #114 on: July 29, 2021, 12:24:06 AM
Nice!  :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #115 on: July 30, 2021, 02:34:06 PM
I did some brief testing with a cheap 360 camera a couple of times I went out.  There's not much there, but it is kinda cool to be able to see all around!

https://youtu.be/teHaBvqPfrs

https://youtu.be/CHrnXXVzMTk

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #116 on: July 30, 2021, 02:40:40 PM
Those are superb Boss.  :tu:  Ain't technology a marvel?  :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #117 on: July 30, 2021, 06:25:33 PM
Nothing spectacular but had my daughter out for a paddle earlier this year.  Inflatables are even easier with the addition of child labour.  :D

IMG_20210319_114252971.jpg
* IMG_20210319_114252971.jpg (Filesize: 224.73 KB)
IMG_20210319_115644874_HDR.jpg
* IMG_20210319_115644874_HDR.jpg (Filesize: 69.24 KB)
IMG_20210319_115720097_HDR.jpg
* IMG_20210319_115720097_HDR.jpg (Filesize: 77.45 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #118 on: July 30, 2021, 07:16:16 PM
Child labor is the best, isn't it?  I know my parents sure were big fans!  :D

The 360 camera is pretty cool- I'm still trying to figure it all out, but the bits I have managed so far are cool!

Def

se Offline kottskrapa

• No Life Club
Reply #119 on: July 30, 2021, 09:19:32 PM
I did some brief testing with a cheap 360 camera a couple of times I went out.  There's not much there, but it is kinda cool to be able to see all around!

https://youtu.be/teHaBvqPfrs

https://youtu.be/CHrnXXVzMTk

Def
Cool videos boss and especially the second one looks like a real treat to paddle!
Nothing spectacular but had my daughter out for a paddle earlier this year.  Inflatables are even easier with the addition of child labour.  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like a nice trip! Always fun to do things with the kids and even if it's a small thing for us it's usually big for them

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD