Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who are you?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Who are you?
Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 09:30:27 PM
Glad to have you over here too!

I can see a trend though- we have a hundred Tims in SOSAK, is Multitool.org going to be all about Bobs?  >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 02:27:19 AM
You can never have too many Bobs.

~Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 09:06:48 AM
You're right;there can never be too many Bobs. It's such a happy friendly name.Think of how much less misery there would've been in the world's history,if there were more Bobs. Would Genghis Bob overrun huge parts of Asia.Would have Bob Hitler,Bob Stalin,or Mao Tse Bob  been the scourges of the 20th century?  ;D
I

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 10:30:25 PM
But what about Bob the Grumpy Snowblower Repairman? (that's what my kids call me)

>:(  grumble grumble. Stupid snow. Stupid snowblower.
ss.jpg
* ss.jpg (Filesize: 80.09 KB)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 10:39:57 PM
My father was a combat engineer when he joined the military so he was the grumpy (fill in the blank) repair man.  We had the same mower and snowblower, washer, dryer etc for at least twenty years.  Good news was that growing up I learned the value of a good tool and how to swear in almost every language known to man!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline damota

Reply #35 on: October 15, 2006, 12:42:20 AM
My father was a combat engineer when he joined the military so he was the grumpy (fill in the blank) repair man.  We had the same mower and snowblower, washer, dryer etc for at least twenty years.  Good news was that growing up I learned the value of a good tool and how to swear in almost every language known to man!

Def

Now that's what I call an excellent start to life. ;)

Dave

Retired engineer then rep. who is kept busier now than I was when I was working (but do not tell anyone).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 12:49:17 AM by damota »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: October 15, 2006, 01:35:28 AM
I wish I had some pics of the old mower.  I remember my father buying a gas mower when we lived in Manitoba in the early 80's.  I don't remember the model, the horsepower or much else about it (I think it was a Toro) but I do remember that every season it got rebuilt.  Towards the end I think there were more LEGO and Mechano parts attached to it than original Toro parts!  Dad was the kind of guy that would fashion parts from just about anything, and my toy box was always a good supply for him!  Of course he wasn't above using broken dishes, twigs, just about anything.

I took after him a bit, and I am famous in my wife's family for my patented 1 cent washers...

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 02:08:08 AM
Question:
Why is it that a ten-cent washer is smaller than a one-cent washer?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 02:14:25 AM
Made from a premium steel....  now if only I could get 154cm washers for that price!

Def

Offline jmm1974

Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 03:02:42 AM
My name is James Mabry, I am a butcher for a large retail chain in western NC. I am married and have a 15 month old little girl. My hobbys involve knives tools firearms and flashlights, all love to empty my wallet fast.

us Offline Fred

• I'm the one they call Dr FeelGood
Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 03:16:30 AM
just be glad you are't into tactical wallets too!
Yabba dabba doo!

Offline jmm1974

Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 12:40:55 AM
hey whats a tactical wallet, does it hold a .45?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 01:19:38 AM

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 03:38:04 AM
I found this old pic of DavidBinGA that I thought I should post so everyone will know who he is.

Def

* hemana.JPG (Filesize: 37.86 KB)

Offline Tom Munch

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 05:11:05 AM
I guess I've posted so many posts now & you all barely know me.  I'm Tom Munch, 45, I'm married, an old Eagle Boy Scout & Philmont staffer (hence the preparedness gene runs strong).  I'm a musician by trade (guitar & voice mainly) - fairly well known in my little area of Colorado with a half dozen recent CD's. 

I've been nuts about knives & tools ever since I took apart my first watch when I was 10 & built my first go cart (of sorts) wihen I was 12.  I was always fascinated with my dad's tools.  I had a penchant for anything finely crafted out of metal - watches & knives.  I probably should have been a machinist or an engineer of some sort.

My wife thinks I'm crazy with my love of anything small & metal, but I know you all understand it.  I had a bunch of folding knives by the time I was 12.  I really loved Bucks.  I had some really small folder that I carried all the time.  I got my first Leatherman when they first came out in the early 80's.  I bought every new one as they came out until Leatherman got crazy with all the pretty colors.

I didn't like SAK's when I was a kid.  I wrote in another thread how I thought all the scouts who had 'em were geeks (just like the ones who carried hiking staffs).  I've just recently started collecting them - I have a dozen or so now.  One of my favorite things to do is to get all my tools laid out & just look at them & play with them - makes my wife want to commit me!

You'll see a lot of posts by me just wondering what the best setup is & how to carry it all.  I'm only a little anal retentive - really.

Here's a promo photo:

* Fretboard Maroon.jpg (Filesize: 91.39 KB)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:12:42 AM by Tom Munch »

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: December 07, 2006, 05:52:01 AM
I found this old pic of DavidBinGA that I thought I should post so everyone will know who he is.

Def
My stepson has lots of DavidBinGA action figures hiding under his bed.......scary :o
"

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #46 on: December 07, 2006, 11:41:32 AM
No that is not a pic of me, just my online avatar.

Thought I would tell you a little bit about myself and maybe a pic or two.

I am 30 years old and live in the deep south (Alma, GA) and have been here now for 5 years. I Moved from Vermont and the change has never been easy. I just moved into a fantastic house which is the one of our dreams, you can see pics of it on my blog (dabsplace.blogger.com). I work as an Asst. Manager for a growing grocery chain called Harveys (now a division of Delaize LLC). I work ALOT and what time I have left I spent it with my family and my online family here at Mt.org and more of the like.  Hobbies besides collecting knives and tools, I collect ties. Since I work in the retail business I go to work in dresspants and a dress shirt every day, need groovy ties to make me look fashionable. I will take a pic of my ties to spice things up a bit...hehe Any of you guys have any hobbies.

OH and BTW Def, I saw a greeting card at work I want to buy, it is shapped like a swiss army knife and says, to my wife, your like a swiss army knife, your everything I need. Happy Anniversary.....gottabuy it!

Here are some pics of the family (Hard to find some dated ones on the drive here this easry)

David

* Girls on back.jpg (Filesize: 14.41 KB)

* Christmas Picture (Small).jpg (Filesize: 77.97 KB)

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 07, 2006, 07:54:17 PM
I moved from Upstate New York to the southern NC northern GA area.  You could walk to the state line.  I completly agree with you that the move isn't easy. There's alot of difference between the very north and the south.
"

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: December 07, 2006, 09:29:52 PM

Def
My stepson has lots of DavidBinGA action figures hiding under his bed.......scary :o

Great, now I need a tool that can clean my pants...

Def

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 08:51:25 PM
See,

Told you I had alot of ties lol

David

p.s. no action figures though

* DSC06059 (Small).JPG (Filesize: 69.28 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: December 09, 2006, 12:06:35 AM
That certainly is alot of ties...

That pic I showed earlier was of Dave before Multitool.org and I apologize for misleading everyone.  I would like to show a more recent photo of him...

Dave- Assistant Master of the Universe!

O0

Def

* daveman.jpg (Filesize: 41.25 KB)

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #51 on: December 11, 2006, 02:44:22 AM
That was funny :)

Offline hurricane bob

Reply #52 on: December 22, 2006, 01:41:49 AM
I'm a an almost 50 year old full blown load. I worked in a motorcycle shop for almost 20 years. I started off changing tires... Beyond bikes, and quads I have a semi- fascination with tools, and machinery both large ,and small.

I've also been in the iron game since the early 70's. Colubird you're my new hero. You have the classic taper... We could talk training for hours...

I'm currently a sheet metal worker. It's not all that glorious, but it too pays the bills.

I live with my long time GF. No kids.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 03:14:43 AM
All right, another Bob! This is wonderful! Soon we will have enough Bobs here at MTOrg that we can start demanding special privileges! Perhaps we can even get our own "Bob" forum? And a Bob newsletter too! Yah!

~Bob

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: December 22, 2006, 12:16:45 PM
 ::)

Def

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Reply #55 on: December 23, 2006, 05:37:04 PM
some how i forgot to present myself here, to bad !

my name is Esteban, i live ina city called Mar del Plata, in Argentina, is a nice place, has some nice beachs and some nice places to practica rock climbing, which latelly is my favourite outdoors activity, i also play guitar, collect knives (mostly saks and others utilitarians ) do some leatherwork and try to have all the fun i can, also when iu have some extra time work inmy own web development company, mondaytech
i will be 30 years old in a week or so (jan 03)

here you can see some pic from me

http://mcniac.com.ar/gallery2/v/mcniac/

and some pics from me

Offline Ging

• Skint Brit!!
Reply #56 on: December 24, 2006, 12:34:37 AM
Hi Mcniac!!

Nice to see a fellow climber  O0   Here is a picture of me 250ish meters up on a route in North Wales, UK

And this is me climbing, again in Wales.  I usually climb on the wondrous gritstone of Derbyshire, England!!

E

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #57 on: December 24, 2006, 01:09:13 AM
Great action photos guys! Thanks!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: December 24, 2006, 01:15:44 AM
I'd show pics of my last climbing trip, but since it resulted in the loss of a foot, I don't really want to advertise!

I gotta go again sometime... maybe this summer...

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%