Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

CYC2: Return of the Executive

Nix · 1671 · 35653

Poll

After four weeks of use during this challenge, please rate the Executive as an EDC....

5 (highest)
3 (27.3%)
6 (54.5%)
1 (9.1%)
1 (9.1%)
1 (lowest)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: September 01, 2018, 12:26:31 AM

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: CYC2: Return of the Executive
Reply #90 on: July 25, 2018, 05:11:02 PM
Syem, there is still a week for you to collect those you need before the challenge starts.  >:D

And of course, you could be collecting a few as you go along..... >:D

I'm looking forward to this challenge. I stuck my Exec in a drawer so that when the challenge starts I'll be picking it up with fresher eyes.

Everybody, except Syem, ready or are some folks still waiting for an Executive to arrive?

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: July 25, 2018, 06:55:20 PM

Everybody, except Syem, ready or are some folks still waiting for an Executive to arrive?

I've been ready ever since I got the exec you sent me last week. It's been my sole etc for some days now. I guess Imay had. already started the Chuck Yeager challenge.  :tu:
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #92 on: July 25, 2018, 09:10:17 PM
You're way ahead of the rest of us!   :salute:

(Will you have a way to shoot some photos? Or has your camera melted? What is it down there today, 110ºF?)

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:29 PM
It's here and I'm impressed, the blades are plenty adequate, I like the cut on the file and the tip is much better than the Classic for under the nails, the scissors are what really blew me away, I guess I thought they would be the Classic size, why isn't Victorinox adding these to some 84mm models, and then for the Orange peeler, I'll reserve judgment on that one.
This is going to be fun  :cheers:
20180725_155932-1.jpg
* 20180725_155932-1.jpg (Filesize: 210.2 KB)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #94 on: July 25, 2018, 09:37:18 PM
Glad you brought up the scissors, Greg.
I adore the 74mm scissors. A big leap ahead of the 58's, and not awl that far behind the 91's.   :tu:

I'm really delighted that you've gotten a positive first impression.  :cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #95 on: July 25, 2018, 09:37:27 PM
It's here and I'm impressed, the blades are plenty adequate, I like the cut on the file and the tip is much better than the Classic for under the nails, the scissors are what really blew me away, I guess I thought they would be the Classic size, why isn't Victorinox adding these to some 84mm models, and then for the Orange peeler, I'll reserve judgment on that one.

Congratulations on the new Executive Greg! :cheers: :cheers:

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #96 on: July 25, 2018, 11:31:24 PM
Glad you brought up the scissors, Greg.
I adore the 74mm scissors. A big leap ahead of the 58's, and not awl that far behind the 91's.   :tu:

I'm really delighted that you've gotten a positive first impression.  :cheers:

:cheers:

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: July 25, 2018, 11:32:06 PM

Congratulations on the new Executive Greg! :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks VICMAN  :cheers:

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #98 on: July 26, 2018, 04:36:20 PM
I'm in! Gonna find mine later today

- stoneshank

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #99 on: July 26, 2018, 04:42:08 PM
 :2tu:

Good to have you join us!  :cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #100 on: July 26, 2018, 04:43:18 PM
Team CYC2:

Nix
VICMAN
Barry
GoatDragon
getahl
cbl51
El Corkscrew
Fast Bill
Greg
Mini
stoneshank

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: July 26, 2018, 06:10:09 PM
I had ignored the Executive for some time but would wonder about its appeal when I came across the occasional post praising it. When I saw a 30 day challenge (Chuck Yeager Challenge?), I decided to buy one and get a closer look.  I wasn't an official participant but I followed the challenge closely. Before the challenge was over, I was the owner of a dozen Executives (an assortment of new, EUC & restoration candidates).

Since that time, I have carried the Executive as my primary SAK.  I still have several SAKs stashed around the house and use them when the opportunity arises and always carry a Mini-Champ II on my key ring when out doing errands. I am definitely attached to the Executive!

Jim

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #102 on: July 26, 2018, 07:10:10 PM
I had ignored the Executive for some time but would wonder about its appeal when I came across the occasional post praising it. When I saw a 30 day challenge (Chuck Yeager Challenge?), I decided to buy one and get a closer look.  I wasn't an official participant but I followed the challenge closely. Before the challenge was over, I was the owner of a dozen Executives (an assortment of new, EUC & restoration candidates).

Since that time, I have carried the Executive as my primary SAK.  I still have several SAKs stashed around the house and use them when the opportunity arises and always carry a Mini-Champ II on my key ring when out doing errands. I am definitely attached to the Executive!

Jim

Join us for the challenge!  Chuck Yeager Challenge II (CYC2).  :tu: :cheers:

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #103 on: July 27, 2018, 04:28:54 AM
We are a go for launch at this station Nix!!
Barry

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #104 on: July 27, 2018, 05:40:57 AM
 :tu: :salute:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: July 27, 2018, 02:10:20 PM
We lifted off last week and are few orbits ahead at this point. So far the exec has been a great etc.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #106 on: July 28, 2018, 04:57:40 AM
This challenge is awlready fun....and it doesn't start until 01 August!  :drink:

it Offline Mini

Reply #107 on: July 28, 2018, 02:49:35 PM
Sometimes I'm looking on ebay for finding a used mini champ at good price, but always I have renounced because I prefer to carry the Executive. Also, I prefer to save money and search for a coloured executive, different from red and black. It's quite rare and price was always too high IMHO.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #108 on: July 28, 2018, 02:58:27 PM
Agreed.

It would be nice to see Vic do a series of different models of Executives for different countries of different cities, e.g. the Paris Executive or Tokyo Executive.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #109 on: July 28, 2018, 04:48:34 PM
Sometimes I'm looking on ebay for finding a used mini champ at good price, but always I have renounced because I prefer to carry the Executive. Also, I prefer to save money and search for a coloured executive, different from red and black. It's quite rare and price was always too high IMHO.

I was totally unaware that they ever made a colored executive. All I ever saw was the standard red or black. If they made half the artistic variations of executive that they make in the classic line, it may be big seller.

us Offline getahl

Reply #110 on: July 28, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
I've seen white, yellow, and green scaled Executives on the FleaBay. Usually between 30 and 40 bones. I have a black one a bought new  and a used red one in okay condition, and couldn't justify additional copies. I may just stick with my black one afterwards.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #111 on: July 28, 2018, 07:17:03 PM
I wonder if there's anyone who can put some nice stag scales on the executive?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #112 on: July 28, 2018, 07:25:44 PM
 :like:

Or stabilized bone....... :ahhh

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #113 on: July 29, 2018, 04:59:04 AM

Hi, Mini!

I haven't read your posts since the last challenge.  I didn't discover additional Executive colors until after that challenge.  I have red, black, blue and white Executives.

us Offline getahl

Reply #114 on: July 29, 2018, 05:06:03 PM
I wonder if there's anyone who can put some nice stag scales on the executive?

Vic put out some factory Executives with ancient mammoth ivory a few years back. They were quite nice looking.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #115 on: July 29, 2018, 06:00:45 PM
We're getting closer to lift everyone... I can hardly wait!!
Barry

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #116 on: July 29, 2018, 09:49:14 PM
We're getting closer to lift everyone... I can hardly wait!!

+1
Other than admiring it, I'm waiting for the challenge to carry and use it  :ahhh

it Offline Mini

Reply #117 on: July 29, 2018, 10:41:36 PM
Hi Jim, I'm not so present in the forum 😢, despite I really like to see pics of our SAKs and read about them. I purchased in a store near home some ambassador from the old n. 1 collection, and use that scales to replace the red.
I didn't add other executives, I have one alox smooth, one with Hoffritz logo on the scales, one red (or two? 🤔 Don't remember now 😁) and one with scales taken from the old collection of ambassador. I really like to find one yellow, but it's very rare and certainly expansive. Maybe a day I will try to find scales made with 3d printer, but for now I don't feel the need.

Hi, Mini!

I haven't read your posts since the last challenge.  I didn't discover additional Executive colors until after that challenge.  I have red, black, blue and white Executives.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: July 29, 2018, 11:45:25 PM
I have also been absent from this forum for awhile but it is fun to read the posts from SAK enthusiasts all over the world.  Love your forum name (Mini)! I am looking forward to following this latest Executive challenge.  Here is a photo of my blue Executive (took it out of the box just for the photo) and another of the red Executive I carry with me:

Executive - Blue by NorCal Jim, on Flickr

Executive - EDC by NorCal Jim, on Flickr

Hi Jim, I'm not so present in the forum 😢, despite I really like to see pics of our SAKs and read about them. I purchased in a store near home some ambassador from the old n. 1 collection, and use that scales to replace the red.
I didn't add other executives, I have one alox smooth, one with Hoffritz logo on the scales, one red (or two? 🤔 Don't remember now 😁) and one with scales taken from the old collection of ambassador. I really like to find one yellow, but it's very rare and certainly expansive. Maybe a day I will try to find scales made with 3d printer, but for now I don't feel the need.

Hi, Mini!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:48:02 PM by NorCalJim »

us Offline getahl

Reply #119 on: July 30, 2018, 04:24:08 AM
Lift off is Wednesday, yes? To be honest,  I've been carrying my black one nearly exclusively since the first post of this thread, because why not. I don't use much else,  and I kinda like it. I've been messing around with the Quark mini utility knife I picked up a week or so ago, but it'll go in the knife box with the rest soon enough. Looking forward to the challenge.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%