Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA 170

Hero Member Posts: 927
Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
Gents,

I need some opinions of places to purchase furniture items like mattress, night stand, dresser... in Atlanta, GA. I have an acquantace, who is an international student. This is her last year of college life, of which she has to get out of the dorm and rent her own place, starting next month. She does not have a vehicle either, so delivery is preferred. Given that the items are used only for a year and the budget is about $1,000, does anyone have good  funiture places to recommend? I think the most important item is the mattress. IKEA seems like the place to go for all items, but I do not discount Costco, furniture stores, consignment stores... for goods within the budget.

I also plan to fly over from PA to help her out. Embarrassingly, I never rent a car before  :-\  , which company do you recommend for renting an SUV in Atlanta? Just want to be a good guardian.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  :salute:

Head Turd Polisher Administrator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 59,550 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »
Between Ikea and Costco I think you have any/all suggestions I have covered.

Good luck!

Def

NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!   NEW!

NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY!
No Life Club Posts: 3,307 Exponentially Amassing a MultiTool Army
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:03:33 AM »
I recommend a booking site for a car rental. The prices range vastly and booking a car will reduce the cost by a LOT!
The airport has dozens of car rental places and the booking site should have a list. :)

Main MT Collections: Gerber, Leatherman, SOG, Victorinox, and Bear & Sons.
Other MT Collections: CRKT, Schrade, Kutmaster, Workpro, and many others.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:53:45 AM »
I recommend a booking site for a car rental. The prices range vastly and booking a car will reduce the cost by a LOT!
The airport has dozens of car rental places and the booking site should have a list. :)

I usually book flights via Expedia, so I probably reserve a vehicle thru it as well. What I asked for was whether anyone has preference from one company over other. To an extent, which SUV model is a spacious enough to do some small hauling while providing a comfortable drive? I do not mean luxury brands, just Toyota, Ford... and such. I have been driving a sedan for over 10 years, and am not a car guy, so I am really clueless about what to pick.
No Life Club Posts: 2,666
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »
Ikea, Costco and Craigslist will be your best bets. I would recommend renting a Subaru Outback or Toyota Rav 4. They will have the most room for that size of an SUV.

I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 12:17:14 AM »
Ikea, Costco and Craigslist will be your best bets. I would recommend renting a Subaru Outback or Toyota Rav 4. They will have the most room for that size of an SUV.
Thanks, TJ  :cheers:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,812
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:22:16 AM »
If its only for a year you might look into furniture rental places.

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
August Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: $26.00
PayPal Fees: $1.88
Net Balance: $24.12
Below Goal: $250.88
Site Currency: USD
 9%
August Donations

Community Links