Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA
on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:14 PM
Gents,

I need some opinions of places to purchase furniture items like mattress, night stand, dresser... in Atlanta, GA. I have an acquantace, who is an international student. This is her last year of college life, of which she has to get out of the dorm and rent her own place, starting next month. She does not have a vehicle either, so delivery is preferred. Given that the items are used only for a year and the budget is about $1,000, does anyone have good  funiture places to recommend? I think the most important item is the mattress. IKEA seems like the place to go for all items, but I do not discount Costco, furniture stores, consignment stores... for goods within the budget.

I also plan to fly over from PA to help her out. Embarrassingly, I never rent a car before  :-\  , which company do you recommend for renting an SUV in Atlanta? Just want to be a good guardian.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  :salute:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Place to purchase furniture items in Atlanta, GA
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:56:04 PM
Between Ikea and Costco I think you have any/all suggestions I have covered.

Good luck!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:03:33 AM
I recommend a booking site for a car rental. The prices range vastly and booking a car will reduce the cost by a LOT!
The airport has dozens of car rental places and the booking site should have a list. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 12:53:45 AM
I recommend a booking site for a car rental. The prices range vastly and booking a car will reduce the cost by a LOT!
The airport has dozens of car rental places and the booking site should have a list. :)

I usually book flights via Expedia, so I probably reserve a vehicle thru it as well. What I asked for was whether anyone has preference from one company over other. To an extent, which SUV model is a spacious enough to do some small hauling while providing a comfortable drive? I do not mean luxury brands, just Toyota, Ford... and such. I have been driving a sedan for over 10 years, and am not a car guy, so I am really clueless about what to pick.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 04:57:59 AM
Ikea, Costco and Craigslist will be your best bets. I would recommend renting a Subaru Outback or Toyota Rav 4. They will have the most room for that size of an SUV.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 12:17:14 AM
Ikea, Costco and Craigslist will be your best bets. I would recommend renting a Subaru Outback or Toyota Rav 4. They will have the most room for that size of an SUV.
Thanks, TJ  :cheers:

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 01:22:16 AM
If its only for a year you might look into furniture rental places.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 03:44:26 PM
Just an update on this little project of mine:
- I rented an small pick-up (Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier...) from Alamo. The agent tried to upsell me with all the scare tactics. I just played dumb, "just give me the goddamn $30/day pick-up I reserved!" :dunno: I ended with a free upgrade to a cool Dodge Ram 1500 (lucky!), because they could not find the last Nissan Frontier in the lot  :D. Damn, it is a sweet drive. It hauled the items without issue
- I got the mattress from an Original Mattress Factory store. Price is good, no frill, no fancy, just works for her frame and sleeping profile
- I got furniture from Costco and IKEA

Everything is within her budget. Overall, a pat on my back for a job well done     :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 03:55:34 PM
 :salute: :tu: Glad it awl worked out!
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!