Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tired of your MT falling off your belt?

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Tired of your MT falling off your belt?
on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:04 AM
One problem with heavy MTs like the Surge in a belt sheath is the thing slipping off, particularly when you use the amenities.  :ahhh
I've taken to placing my belt buckle in the last hole which gives me enough room to down trou' and not have to worry about my belt pulling out of the loops and my MT ending up on the floor  :oops:. Helps to have a belt long enough, though  :whistle:

I also don't have to re thread the belt through the buckle again, simply re-tighten  :tu:

Anyone else do something like that if you belt carry?

us Offline thatotherguy

Re: Tired of your MT falling off your belt?
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 02:12:53 PM
Gotta say, I never ran into this issue even when carrying a ST300. Probably because I carried at around 4 o'clock on the belt so the belt did have to remove itself from at least two loops before allowing the tool to fall. Whatever works for you, friend.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 02:21:06 PM
Gotta say, I never ran into this issue even when carrying a ST300. Probably because I carried at around 4 o'clock on the belt so the belt did have to remove itself from at least two loops before allowing the tool to fall. Whatever works for you, friend.

+1
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 05:06:29 AM
Mostly I carry the Leatherman Rebar in the leather sheath. Sometimes the Surge, and sometimes a Buck 110.

I simply unbuckle, and take the loose end of the belt in my right hand, and loop that back again hrough the belt loop immediately to the right of center.

Done. I can use the facilities or hang it on a hook all night long, it's not going anywhere.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 05:48:04 PM
Mostly I carry the Leatherman Rebar in the leather sheath. Sometimes the Surge, and sometimes a Buck 110.

I simply unbuckle, and take the loose end of the belt in my right hand, and loop that back again hrough the belt loop immediately to the right of center.

Done. I can use the facilities or hang it on a hook all night long, it's not going anywhere.

This is what I do as well.

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:28:48 AM
That does indeed work, though is only slightly slower and a little more fiddly than my method.
I'm not a fan of positioning the sheath at the 4 o clock position as it seems to slip around a lot more.
Probably has a lot to do with the old worn belt and the fact that the sheath has cordage for the belt loop now instead of the leather because the leather belt loop broke in the first week of me owning the tool  :twak:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 02:31:10 AM
That's why I moved to the pocket clip, in part because of it always sliding off when I hung my pants up on the coat rack, or hanging on something while working in tight spaces. When I do have to carry my farm kit, which is in a Ripoffs CO-7, I use the sheath's clip, and clip it on my waist--pants and belt--it usually holds so tight it won't dislodge.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 08:03:59 AM
That does indeed work, though is only slightly slower and a little more fiddly than my method.
I'm not a fan of positioning the sheath at the 4 o clock position as it seems to slip around a lot more.
Probably has a lot to do with the old worn belt and the fact that the sheath has cordage for the belt loop now instead of the leather because the leather belt loop broke in the first week of me owning the tool  :twak:

Your method doesn't give me enough "space" to down trow...I have my mother's hips...or something...

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

Your method doesn't give me enough "space" to down trow...I have my mother's hips...or something...

That's why it has to be long enough that the loosest hole gives you the space to get your pants off and then tuck everything back in when you're done. I have two belts that ot works with, but a dress belt I think is too short

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 02:46:14 PM
Wear a kilt,, then no need to ever loosen the belt regardless of your business :tu:
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 11:15:27 PM
I use the vertical pocket on a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants, which I wear almost every day.  So the MT stays there no matter what I do. But this does not work for everyone.

https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pants.html

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 01:55:16 AM
I don't carry the Surge when wearing suit pants, so the shorter dress belt isn't an issue  :salute:

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 01:56:47 AM
I use the vertical pocket on a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants, which I wear almost every day.  So the MT stays there no matter what I do. But this does not work for everyone.

https://www.511tactical.com/taclite-pro-pants.html

Those look like nice pants

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 01:58:47 AM
Suspenders.  :like:

Still need to take your suspenders down to do a number two. Maybe a onsie with the buttoned arse flap, then no need to undo the belt?

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 01:59:50 AM
Wear a kilt,, then no need to ever loosen the belt regardless of your business :tu:

Och! That'd be bonnie  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD