Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anybody Else Never Owned a Spartan?

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Anybody Else Never Owned a Spartan?
Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 06:12:31 AM
Sir Frailer,  nice thread  :tu:

My first SAK was a Tinker and was what a Swiss Army knife meant to me for a long time.   I later discovered the compact and was awl about it for awhile and still enjoy it a lot.   Over time I've come to prefer the standard openers to the combo tool. The combo tool is great for a lot of tasks but has failed me several times for bottles,  screws,  and scratching the main blade, much like the nail file.  The standard openers serve as a much better prying tools, screw drivers and bottle opener - I admit the combo tool does a good job opening cans. The good ol'Spartan has the reamer punch,  useful for so many things.  The corkscrew is key for me because I do drink wine and wear glasses and feel a bit more prepared with the mini sd,  which I actually use often.

For these reasons I do love the Spartan and own several.  Also love the Tourist and the soldier and farmer and cadet and explorer and passenger   ... And pretty much every Swiss Army knife :facepalm:

:cheers:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 06:13:38 AM by El Corkscrew »
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 02:34:23 PM
so, I commented on this thread before about how long did it take me to get my first Spartan,  :ahhh
and how cool would it be to give them away to non-SAK people,  as an "Introduction" tool :)
so,
even before I received my new SAKs from the Multitool store (they are still en route) I gave away my only Spartan to a friend yesterday, :tu:
who is moving out to live together with his new girlfriend (so I bet lots of beer, bottles of wine and parties in the near future for him  :gimme:)

He didn't have a single SAK, I hope it serves him well and takes him to the right path!!  :pok:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 03:20:22 PM
Good job, El P!

Next you guys are going to tell me you've never owned a Classic.... :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30