Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Unique PST Stamp?

gb Offline Hypernaught

• New User
Unique PST Stamp?
on: July 19, 2018, 11:07:11 PM
Hi everyone, stumbled across this lovely forum after fruitless googling and trying to work out exactly what the stamp is about on my own PST.

Sublime bit of kit, had it for about 14 years, got it as a birthday present from my Dad when I was a lad, still love it and use it to this day, and funnily enough I'll be giving him a brand new Wave tomorrow as a birthday gift! (He gave his old Wave to a close Cousin when he joined the Armed Forces, who took it through Afghanistan and still has it as far as I know.)

Anyway, point of this question is I've looked through the excellent Chronology thread, and managed to determine that the PST I have is most likely a mid-1980s model, the missing date code, blade type, blade stamp, left-handed bottle opener and lanyard being the giveaways! Though I can't narrow down an exact year, one thing that's well and truly baffled me is a peculiar 'G'-style symbol and an 'Arctic IV' stamp on one of the sides of the tool, can't find anything regarding that particular stamp anywhere online! Thought I'd ask some proper enthusiasts after combing some of the threads here, any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!  :)

Link for pictures below, the forum attacher is a bit stringent with the file size limits:

https://imgur.com/gallery/c8GQKui
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:08:29 PM by Hypernaught »

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Unique PST Stamp?
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 11:14:39 PM
My best guess would be that the G and Arctic IV is a company logo, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will stop by and give you a better answer

It looks great btw

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:54:01 AM
My best guess would be that the G and Arctic IV is a company logo, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will stop by and give you a better answer

It looks great btw

Looks like a company logo to me as well :salute: It is in great shape though and welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 12:13:40 PM

It looks great btw

Looks like a company logo to me as well :salute: It is in great shape though and welcome to :MTO: :cheers:

Definitely some kind of promo logo (ie not an official LM variation).  LM were happy to laser etch all sorts of logos and stuff for anyone on their MTs, or you could buy some PSTs and do whatever you wanted with your own laser etcher.    Still a nice later model PST though  :tu:

Possibly something to do with this ?
http://www.subsea.org/drilling-rigs/rigspec.asp?rigID=223

If that is a penguin on the logo that is slightly funny, as there are no penguins in the Arctic (you need to go to the south pole/Antarctic, or at least the southern hemisphere) to see them in their natural habitat.
https://www.auroraexpeditions.com.au/blog/why-are-there-no-penguins-in-the-arctic
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:22:01 PM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:58:10 PM
...and managed to determine that the PST I have is most likely a mid-1980s model...

This PST was produced during period: 0700 - 0201 (from July 2000 to February 2001).
Just check date codes once again, I'm sure they exist  ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 12:22:29 AM by wowaboro »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD