Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sharper Image - Interesting set of allen wrenches with locking blade and wrench

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
I found this on eBay brand new in the package. I don't know why, but I couldn't resist. At first glance, this thing appears to be your average metric allen wrench kit. Boring, right? But then what's this? A small blade with a liner lock? One of the allen keys is a VERY nicely formed phillips? And there's a 10mm wrench with a flat driver and bottle opener on the end? That's kinda cool.

What it sacrifices is the small allen keys. It only has 3, 4, 5, and 6mm allen keys. Most of my allen key sets don't have the 8mm, so that's no loss. And the super tiny keys I very, very rarely use. Never in an automotive or motorcycle situation. So this is a neat little tool for the motorcycle tank bag or tool kit. Plus it's put together with screws. If I wanted to take the allen keys all out and have a 2 layer mini knife with wrench, I could. If I want to add more allen (or Torx) keys, I could just gank them from another set.

The blade is of middling sharpness. Barely cuts paper. The 10mm wrench won't take a lot of torque. But it's not made out of cheese either. It seems to be a high quality heat-treated hard piece of metal.

So for $10 was it too much? Yeah, probably. It's just a set of allen keys with a couple gimmicky parts. But I like the thing.

Charles.
IMG_4308 (1).jpg
* IMG_4308 (1).jpg (Filesize: 231.94 KB)
IMG_4309.jpg
* IMG_4309.jpg (Filesize: 180.28 KB)
IMG_4311.jpg
* IMG_4311.jpg (Filesize: 283.42 KB)

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
What an interesting piece!  :cheers:
More of a multi-tool than just a set of Allen bits, that's for sure!  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds