Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheap and Cheerful (and utter crap) tools for sale. All under $10. Shipping $3

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
So, I've got a bunch of crap tools for sale. Shipping is $3 a tool. May be able to combine tools if you want more than one, but once the weight reaches 16oz then I have to ship Priority Mail, and that will be expensive. (Compared to tool price).

I have for your buying pleasure, some total and complete crap.

First off, a hammer tool. The pliers are extremely stiff. The tools are extremely stiff. They are locking tools, though. They lock with a slot on the back. You partially lift one tool to release the lock and then you can close the extended tool. This is total crap. Don't buy it. Seriously. $1.

Second, a DHL adjustable wrench multi tool. Unlike most of the adjustable wrench multi tools, this has a full tang that extends down the entire handle. Most are just the wrench head riveted to a dinky sheet metal handle. You can put more force on this. It's still a cheap chinese piece of (you guessed it) crap. $4

Third, one of the best Chinese SAKs I've encountered thus far. And by that I mean, the blades are thicker and the liners are actually all lined up. Can't say that about any of the other Chinese SAK copies out there. Prying with the flat driver/bottle opener will still grenade the knife most likely. But hey, it says "Jeep" on it. $3.

More to come.

Charles.

IMG_4313.jpg
* IMG_4313.jpg (Filesize: 251.42 KB)
IMG_4316.jpg
* IMG_4316.jpg (Filesize: 268.25 KB)
IMG_4317.jpg
* IMG_4317.jpg (Filesize: 163.57 KB)
IMG_4319.jpg
* IMG_4319.jpg (Filesize: 136.71 KB)

• No Life Club
Sheffield Chinese SAK-a-like. All the blades are thinner than the Jeep tool. It feels cheaper. It has a fish scaler though. That makes it worth double, right? No? Okay, seriously I'll take a buck for this. One dollah. You can leave it out for the neighbor's annoying, unruly child to find.  Or something. Just take it off my hands!

Sheffield teeny tiny itty bity kinda almost not worthless multi tool. The cutter actually cuts soft stranded wire, from 22ga on up to 12ga, without any problems. That's actually... damn that's good.  The scissors cut paper. The blade is reasonably sharp. The file files nails and makes an attempt at mild steel. The tweezers are utterly worthless. The tools are impossible to extract without another tool, key, or some mild cursing. It's perfectly keychain-sized, but there is no place to attach a keychain. The ghetto stickers come right off, and it's got a nice whirl pattern on the handles. $3.

The Sheffield wrench I'm going to hold on to for a bit. I'm probably going to rob the file out of it for a mod. But if I change my mind I'll post it here.

Big Chinese Aitor-wannabe with wooden scales. This is a big, beefy tool. It has fold out pliers that actually work... so long as you don't apply too much force. The blade is somewhat sharp. It's kinda sorta on the decent side -- because I fixed it. I took the scales off, re-peened all the rivets, and then put the scales back on. Now it's not going to fall apart. It's still not great. The wire cutters don't work at all. I didn't post a pic, but the pliers fold in so it looks like an over-large pocket knife. REALLY heavy.  $7.  Who am I kidding. $5.

Charles.

IMG_4314.jpg
* IMG_4314.jpg (Filesize: 326.54 KB)
IMG_4325.jpg
* IMG_4325.jpg (Filesize: 292.02 KB)
IMG_4326.jpg
* IMG_4326.jpg (Filesize: 294.24 KB)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:07:51 AM by ChopperCharles »

• No Life Club
Okay, now I've got two brand new Coast handyman knives. They're like a ripoff of the Victorinox Cybertool. But, you know, bad. Okay, they're not THAT bad. They have a neat little level and LED that slide out. the tools aren't too bad. It has a bunch of the teeny bits that are impossible to find. The bit driver actually works decently, and the bit holder does its job. The blades both cut receipt paper. That's impressive. The scissors... erm, sciss? Yeah I'll go with that. They're springless, and they work. The pliers are about half the width of Victorinox pliers. They have a lot of play. The openers are pretty standard, but far thinner than those on a real SAK. Oh, it has a file/saw too. Seems to be reasonably aggressive. Does work on mild steel... but I'm not sure how it will last. Both of them were able to turn hinge and door plate screws without falling apart. The driver bits are well formed, and it has the package hook that everyone raves about. Also a mini driver in the corkscrew that doesn't fit in any other knife.

In short, not completely terrible. Just mostly terrible. Both are brand new. The red one has some discoloration from the packaging, but it's very minor. The black one is slightly better, because it's black. Also because the red one is the one I tested slightly harder.   $7 each.  Hey, the scales should pop right onto a Victorinox. You know you want an oversized scale with a LED and level on your knife, don't you??

Charles.

IMG_4324.jpg
* IMG_4324.jpg (Filesize: 286.12 KB)
IMG_4320.jpg
* IMG_4320.jpg (Filesize: 308.41 KB)
IMG_4322.jpg
* IMG_4322.jpg (Filesize: 177.28 KB)
IMG_4323.jpg
* IMG_4323.jpg (Filesize: 225.31 KB)

• No Life Club
This one is actually not crap. It's a Schrade Alox-style knife with red anodized aluminum scales. The blade is marked "ISC Stainless Germany". I bought it brand new. Got it and decided I don't like it. It's never been used. Blades are wicked sharp, backsprings are very strong. It's a good knife. It's just far smaller than I wanted it to be. It's a hair longer than a Wenger knife (Wenger Swissbuck shown for sale), but it's just too thin for my hands. $5 and it can be all yours!

Charles.
IMG_4329.jpg
* IMG_4329.jpg (Filesize: 295.34 KB)
IMG_4330.jpg
* IMG_4330.jpg (Filesize: 359.4 KB)
IMG_4331.jpg
* IMG_4331.jpg (Filesize: 235.17 KB)
IMG_4332.jpg
* IMG_4332.jpg (Filesize: 173.06 KB)

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
 :like:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

• No Life Club
I will combine shipping, but above 16oz the price will increase. I charge only actual shipping costs.

Charles.

• No Life Club
The tiny Sheffield multi tool has been taken. Everything else is still available. Will take offers too, I just want this stuff gone.

Charles.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
These are actually kind of cool.. i'd buy most buy I reckon you're from US so shipping and customs would cost twice as much as the tools...
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

• No Life Club
Three more for sale.

One is a made-in-france Seaboard tool. It's in very, very rough shape. $10.

Then there are two nearly identical cheap pliers. The dark red one has one really stiff handle, and it has obviously seen use. The other is named "Lily" and it is in very good shape, very lightly used. The case shown fits either one, first person to buy one gets the case. These all have your standard over-polished quite-rounded tools. The dark red one is $1. Lily is $3.

As always, I will make package deals on everything, and shipping can be combined for multiple tools. If the total weight goes over 16oz I will charge you actual shipping costs.

Charles.

IMG_4381.jpg
* IMG_4381.jpg (Filesize: 337.56 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
I'll take the Seaboard and the ISC.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Changed my mind in the ISC--I've decided I don't want it.

• No Life Club
I've put the little red Schrade knife in my first aid kit. If someone really wants it I'll still sell it, but it has a place and a use now, so I kinda think I'll take it off the table.

Charles.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Charles,
I'd like to get the two Coast handyman tools for sure(will send money tomorrow). Will think on others tonight. :)
Edit: would you PM me the price on the SwissBuck? If it is for sale of course. I tought it read like you are selling it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:46:07 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
The Swiss buck was just for scale. It is not for sale!

I will PM you about the handyman tools later this evening.

The seaboard tool is now taken!

Charles.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
The Swiss buck was just for scale. It is not for sale!

I will PM you about the handyman tools later this evening.

Charles.
Thank you, Charles!

I had to ask about the SwissBuck. Your post had a C missing from scale. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• No Life Club
Ah I see that now! My bad!

Charles.

• No Life Club
Here is a Japanese-made hobo knife from the 90s. Had it for camping trips in Boy Scouts. It is somewhat cheap feeling but remarkably enough it’s not completely terrible. The fork and spoon feel more or less like regular utensils. The bottle and can openers work. $2.

Charles.
11B662C2-EFFB-4F8B-A85D-A5C49866D30E.jpeg
* 11B662C2-EFFB-4F8B-A85D-A5C49866D30E.jpeg (Filesize: 203.71 KB)
IMG_4386.jpg
* IMG_4386.jpg (Filesize: 123.66 KB)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:40:35 AM by ChopperCharles »

• No Life Club
And now up for grabs is a Kutmaster Wrench Head for $5. BUT before you jump on it, please read the entire post!

First off, this WAS brand new. And brand new out of the package, it was a little tweaked. See second image below.

Because it was tweaked, I used this as a donor for a Kutmaster mod. I swapped tools between this model and a Winchester tool, also made by Kutmaster. So, this does not have the normal compliment of tools. It has two serrated blades - one from the Wrench Head and one from the Winchester. The file and clip point blade are from the Winchester as well.  One of the screws for the handle pivot is stripped a bit. Not bad, but it no longer looks new because of it. You can see it in the first photo.  No bits or sheath is included. But I did include a pic showing how the nifty T-handle bitdriver works.  The wire cutters are abysmally bad. They manage hard copper wire, like house wiring, but no stranded copper wire will be cut with these pliers. Nor will it cut zip ties.

So yeah, that's what you get for $5. :)

Charles.
IMG_4407.jpg
* IMG_4407.jpg (Filesize: 180.21 KB)
IMG_4412.jpg
* IMG_4412.jpg (Filesize: 169.79 KB)
IMG_4411.jpg
* IMG_4411.jpg (Filesize: 237.06 KB)
IMG_4409.jpg
* IMG_4409.jpg (Filesize: 222.28 KB)

• No Life Club
The following items have sold:

DHL Wrench
Both of the Coast pocket knives with the level and LED
Hobo knife

The Kutmaster is currently on hold.

Charles.

• No Life Club
The kutmaster is available if anyone wants it.

Charles.

• No Life Club
Adding some stuff for sale.

Coast Pocket Pliers, circa 1998-2002. These are almost brand new. They're in remarkable conditon, EXCEPT that I beat on the plier pivot with a ball-peen hammer in order to tighten them up a bit. Didn't work all that great, to be honest. They're still loose. A bit of play remaining in the jaws means the cutters also aren't great. They will cut stranded wire and zip ties, but struggle with large zip ties and 12 gauge stranded wire.

All of the tools lock open, and the ballistic nylon sheath is really nice. Phillips does tend to cam out of the screws in my door plates and hinges. I paid $10. Because I put a few marks on it with the hammer I can't say it's in new condition anymore. $7.50 takes it.

Charles.
IMG_4498.jpg
* IMG_4498.jpg (Filesize: 250.34 KB)
IMG_4500.jpg
* IMG_4500.jpg (Filesize: 145.58 KB)
IMG_4501.jpg
* IMG_4501.jpg (Filesize: 263.44 KB)

• No Life Club
KeySmart Classic, red, 14-key version. My girlfriend has one and loves it. I keep my key ring small. My house has electronic keypad locks, so I just have a small fob with a single key for each vehicle I own. (Truck, jeep, several motorcycles). This thing does not work well with thick OEM keys with plastic fobs. It works best with plain metal keys.

$10, brand new in the package. (They're $23 on Amazon).

Charles.
IMG_4455.jpg
* IMG_4455.jpg (Filesize: 296.74 KB)

• No Life Club
The $1 hammer tool is no more. It was sacrificed to the Mod God, and became pieces-parts.

Charles.

• No Life Club
This is the current list of crap for sale!

Sheffield Pocket knife (x2) $1
Sheffield keychain $1
Sheffield mini pliers $2
Sheffield SD-sized knife $1
Sheffield adjustable wrench $4
Jeep pocket knife $1.50
Coast Pocket Pliers $7
Keysmart $9
Wooden-scaled knife with pliers $3
The two red-handled multi tools $1/ea
"Space Shuttle" pliers $1

Charles.