Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any Harley fans in the house?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Any Harley fans in the house?
on: July 23, 2018, 04:58:15 PM
I know, this is an odd one, but I am going through some stuff, cleaning out things I haven't looked at in years and I thought I would give you guys first crack at it.  If you are a Harley Davidson guy, you may be quite interested in this ring.

Cat's paw not included.   :facepalm:

It's your typical HD logo with wraparound wings in solid silver, so you'd think it wasn't anything that exciting- sure the silver is nicer than the pot metal you get most HD rings in, but there's a lot more to this one.  For example:

That stamp, in case you can't read it, says HBC, which is short for the Hudson's Bay Company, a Canadian retailer founded in 1670 as an outfitter/fur trading post and has become an upscale retailer   I bought this when I worked there in the mid 90's.  It was the only Harley Davidson ring (at least at the time) commissioned by HBC.  If there have been any since then, I don't know about them, but this would still have the distinction of being the first.

As you can see, it is broken, but that isn't a huge deal as you'd probably want it sized anyway, and this is where it would be cut to do that anyway.  In fact, I believe the break is along a previous sizing break.  And yeah, you would want it sized because it barely fits my pinky and I have tiny fingers.

That's pretty much it- it's a solid silver and ultra rare ring.  I'll be listing it on eBay for $200, but I'll let it go here for $150 USD plus shipping if anyone here wants it.  I'm leaving on Friday for a week, and if no one has claimed it when I get back it'll go to auction.  I'd like to see it go to a real HD fan, especially if that fan happens to be a member here.  I like this ring a lot, but I don't ride, may never ride again and haven't worn or even looked at it in years which is why it needs a new home. :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Any Harley fans in the house?
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 05:01:51 PM
Cool ring.

I'm a rider, but not H-D's.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 06:50:31 PM
nice find. I was actually thinking at first that you were showing off some tin ring, but silver..
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:34:07 PM
No tin crap here!

I think it is about a third of an ounce, which by today's silver prices means it has a scrap value of approximately $5.  The rest, as they say is paying for the name.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:36:12 PM
Oh, and I am just guessing on pricing based on similar types of things and the history behind this one.  I have been searching for a while but I cannot find any info on it, nor any others like it, so this is kind of a stab in the dark.  If anyone wants to make an offer, please feel free to PM me.

Def

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:02:44 PM
I’ll ask my friend Nick. He has a beast of a Harley

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Iron Man 2

• I'm Iron Man☺😎
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 09:38:22 PM
Hello Beastie.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31