Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

EDC Cooperative?

Myron · 37 · 1557

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
EDC Cooperative?
on: July 24, 2018, 10:32:43 PM
I stumbled across this group, the EDC Cooperative, today.  Looks like they're in the UK and active on Instagram.  Just wondering if there are any MTO members that are also members of this group?  I like the logo with the four icons:  SAKs, beards, pints, Land Rovers. 

And it looks like at some point they had an LE Cadet made for themselves!  :-)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: EDC Cooperative?
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:41:35 PM
Beards?
When I saw that symbol, I thought it was Optimus Prime. :facepalm:
Or Wolverine.  :oops:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:43:28 PM
Beards?
When I saw that symbol, I thought it was Optimus Prime. :facepalm:
Or Wolverine.  :rofl:

Haha, yes, I had to go to their website to figure it out.  I thought maybe it was some kind of Viking thing at first!  But no, apparently all the members have beards or are at least encouraged to grow one. 

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:51:26 PM
Umpf... those people...

Hipster cooperative?

ca Offline Walley

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:17:58 PM
well i'm all set except for the land rover.. do you think they would accept a 4x4 pickup truck?

(my beard is no hipster hair though, i'm almost 9 months into a full yeard)

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:30 PM
Umpf... those people...

Hipster cooperative?

It would seem to rule out women members too, whereas MTO has a lot of women members. 

But we shouldn't jump to conclusions.  I mean, I have all four of those things but consider myself more of a nerd than a hipster.  :)

Myron

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 11:51:06 PM
well i'm all set except for the land rover.. do you think they would accept a 4x4 pickup truck?

(my beard is no hipster hair though, i'm almost 9 months into a full yeard)

Sounds like you have what it takes!

I'm hoping some British members of MTO will reply with some more info about this group.  I wish I had a local club that celebrated these four things!  :)

ca Offline holder228

Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 12:13:39 AM
I'm a casual member(lurker) of that Facebook group. Someone would have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it started as a UK based and then spread out the rest of the world now totaling something like 3000 members. They actually had a run of both Leatherman wingman and SAK cadets made with their logo. I can't really speak for their IG account (Never really looked it up to be honest), but the group consists of all kinds of people. honestly if you like gear dumps and wasting your money buying new toys, i'd recommend hitting them up

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 12:15:58 AM
I can’t grow a beard.  :facepalm:

All hail the hook!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 12:18:31 AM
I can’t grow a beard.  :facepalm:

Maybe someday Pabs  ;)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 12:20:02 AM
I’m not optimistic. I doubt that Sean Connery had no chest hair at my age. :P

All hail the hook!

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 12:30:43 AM
I'm a casual member(lurker) of that Facebook group. Someone would have to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it started as a UK based and then spread out the rest of the world now totaling something like 3000 members. They actually had a run of both Leatherman wingman and SAK cadets made with their logo. I can't really speak for their IG account (Never really looked it up to be honest), but the group consists of all kinds of people. honestly if you like gear dumps and wasting your money buying new toys, i'd recommend hitting them up

Hmm, interesting.  Although I'm hardly a pocket dump aficionado, I do really like wasting my money on new and needless VSAKs, so perhaps I should take a look!  :-)

ca Offline holder228

Reply #12 on: July 25, 2018, 01:19:14 AM

I feel like I should also mention, although it is mainly a gear/edc, it is a very diverse group. it's actually more like a community. lot of other topics and just straight conversations going on. if you're into that kind of stuff then id recommend it

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #13 on: July 25, 2018, 03:04:28 AM
Hipster cooperative?

Are you implying that everyone with a beard is a hipster?

If so, I consider that a challenge and call to honor, varlet! Scallywag! Reprobate! Rapscallion! KNAVE! ABYDOCOMIST!! :duel:

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 06:53:11 AM
Hipster cooperative?

Are you implying that everyone with a beard is a hipster?

If so, I consider that a challenge and call to honor, varlet! Scallywag! Reprobate! Rapscallion! KNAVE! ABYDOCOMIST!! :duel:
No, people who think every man needs to grow a beard are :pok:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 01:34:03 PM
I don't know much about it myself, but I do know that one of our regular members, ZED is part of the group.  I would imagine that more than a few of our other members are part as well.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 01:45:56 PM
I've vaguely heard of them, but that's it. :shrug:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 02:18:13 PM
I have a sticker from a member I bought something off, but I don't do FB so haven't investigated anyfurther - the beard does seem to suggest a lack of inclusivity to 50% of the planet though.  :facepalm:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 02:51:52 PM
I have a sticker from a member I bought something off, but I don't do FB so haven't investigated anyfurther - the beard does seem to suggest a lack of inclusivity to 50% of the planet though.  :facepalm:

Actually beard is in reach of almost any human, though some might have to use some anabolic steroids to get there.  :tu:

:D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 02:53:33 PM

Actually beard is in reach of almost any human, though some might have to use some anabolic steroids to get there.  :tu:

:D
Pedant  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: July 25, 2018, 03:31:53 PM

Yeah, I'm not a Face Booker either, so I guess that would limit my involvement.  It seems like it could be kinda cool if it filtered down to the local chapter level.  Meeting once in a while to enjoy a pint and chat about things we all enjoy. 

Myron

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 03:58:32 PM

Yeah, I'm not a Face Booker either, so I guess that would limit my involvement.  It seems like it could be kinda cool if it filtered down to the local chapter level.  Meeting once in a while to enjoy a pint and chat about things we all enjoy. 

Myron

The UK guys are already doing that.  There's no reason we can't have more local meetups for MTO members.  Why should the UK guys have all the fun?  I know the Maine Meetup at Lake Sebago years ago was an amazingly great time and I would encourage others to do the same.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 08:10:42 PM
A Belgium meet!

Full 2 members...

3 if I invite a good contact from a Facebook group...

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 08:35:24 PM
A Belgium meet!

Full 2 members...

At least you will be able to remember everyone's name!

Besides, that is a fairly small sample set- I drove from Halifax to Portland, Maine to go to the Maine Meetup, and that was a ten hour drive!  If you broaden your net to anywhere within a thousand kilometers you have like 5 other countries to get members from!

Def

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 08:59:42 PM
Only in North America is a regular +100 kilometre commute so common...  :P

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 09:18:30 PM
What Pabs said.
And Canada too! 2 hours is a long drive here...

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 09:26:08 PM
A Belgium meet!

Full 2 members...

At least you will be able to remember everyone's name!

Besides, that is a fairly small sample set- I drove from Halifax to Portland, Maine to go to the Maine Meetup, and that was a ten hour drive!  If you broaden your net to anywhere within a thousand kilometers you have like 5 other countries to get members from!

Def
A circle of radius 1000 km... Centered on Brussels, includes most of the UK and Ireland, a small part of Spain around the Pyrenees, all of France and Andorra and Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Austria, Czechia, Northern Italy, Slovenia, parts of Croatia Slovakia Hungary Poland Norway and Sweden.

All hail the hook!

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 09:46:03 PM

A circle of radius 1000 km... Centered on Brussels, includes most of the UK and Ireland, a small part of Spain around the Pyrenees, all of France and Andorra and Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Austria, Czechia, Northern Italy, Slovenia, parts of Croatia Slovakia Hungary Poland Norway and Sweden.

Wow!  When you put it like that it's rather amazing.  I could drive north and east, taking the most direct route, staying in my own state, for probably 1200 km.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:16 PM
:sa:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41