Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boxtree Wrench Multi Tool

Yadda · 28 · 2280

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Boxtree Wrench Multi Tool
on: July 25, 2018, 05:27:36 AM
This is a beast. Weighing in over 8 ounces (.555 lbs).  Solidly made.  The handles click into place.
IMG_0448.JPG
* IMG_0448.JPG (Filesize: 135.68 KB)
IMG_0449.JPG
* IMG_0449.JPG (Filesize: 137.23 KB)
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Re: Boxtree Wrench Multi Tool
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 05:29:11 AM
And more photos...
IMG_0451.JPG
* IMG_0451.JPG (Filesize: 164.04 KB)
IMG_0453.JPG
* IMG_0453.JPG (Filesize: 147.93 KB)
IMG_0455.JPG
* IMG_0455.JPG (Filesize: 166.9 KB)
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 05:37:24 AM
Thank you for posting that tool. It is quite unique for sure. I haven't seen a folding plier fixed- adjustable yet. I just ordered one. :facepalm:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 05:38:58 AM
Thank you for posting that tool. It is quite unique for sure. I haven't seen a folding plier fixed- adjustable yet. I just ordered one. :facepalm:

:tu: :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 12:38:42 PM
where did you find them?  :think:
Looks like a worthy replacement for my Piranha  :tu:

thanks  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 01:47:35 PM
where did you find them?  :think:
Looks like a worthy replacement for my Piranha  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)

thanks  :tu:

Amazon, $11.47

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 04:58:46 AM
Thanks for posting this tool, Yadda!

It is very well constructed for the price point. Big blade, very nice plier head and decent wrench. The file leaves a lot to be desired, but works.
It almost feels like a $20+ tool. I'm happy. :like:
I would say it is a solid 8/10 for value. Well worth buying for the price point. :)

Edit: I weighedit in at 8.920oz. So, basically 9oz. It is still a good weight for what you get. :)

TP,
Let me know if you can't find one that will ship to you and I'll order one and send it your way. :tu:
20180727_213612-1.jpeg
* 20180727_213612-1.jpeg (Filesize: 189.85 KB)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:01:24 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 05:19:56 AM
Thanks for posting this tool, Yadda!

It is very well constructed for the price point. Big blade, very nice plier head and decent wrench. The file leaves a lot to be desired, but works.
It almost feels like a $20+ tool. I'm happy. :like:
I would say it is a solid 8/10 for value. Well worth buying for the price point. :)

Edit: I weighedit in at 8.920oz. So, basically 9oz. It is still a good weight for what you get. :)

TP,
Let me know if you can't find one that will ship to you and I'll order one and send it your way. :tu:

:cheers:

I attended Master classes at the Gregoz School for the Enabling and Proliferation of Multi Tools.  :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 05:21:20 AM by Yadda »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 05:32:17 AM
 :rofl:
You learned well, Yadda! :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 06:57:03 AM
O.K. I know this is just an engineering mishap(forgot an extension stop) and doesn't hurt the tool as a whole, but I can't stop laughing.  :rofl:
20180727_235000-1.jpeg
* 20180727_235000-1.jpeg (Filesize: 130.38 KB)
20180727_235031-1.jpeg
* 20180727_235031-1.jpeg (Filesize: 119.45 KB)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 09:16:04 AM
I attended Master classes at the Gregoz School for the Enabling and Proliferation of Multi Tools.  :D

And graduated with honours (with a specialty of old and odd-ball MTs) I'm happy to say, thus joining a not very exclusive band of enablers that seem to lurk almost everywhere on MTo.   :rofl:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 01:50:09 PM
O.K. I know this is just an engineering mishap(forgot an extension stop) and doesn't hurt the tool as a whole, but I can't stop laughing.  :rofl:

I think I am familiar with that "feature" myself  :facepalm:

I lost the wrench head on my bigger Piranha when it fell out  :oops:, and the one in the small model also fell out but I heard it hit the floor and rcovered it  :twak:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 03:30:03 PM

And graduated with honours (with a specialty of old and odd-ball MTs) I'm happy to say, thus joining a not very exclusive band of enablers that seem to lurk almost everywhere on MTo.   :rofl:

I'm very proud of my degree and especially my area of specialization.  >:D :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 03:34:02 PM

Yeah the jaw is definitely loose and has no stop.  I've see worse on cheap adjustable wrenches, but even those usually have a stop.  :facepalm:

I plan on testing it this weekend to see how well it works. 

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 09:39:29 PM
Cool. It'll be interesting to see how your tests go. :popcorn:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 11:23:16 AM
I am going to order one, just for the curiosity,
if you consider $16 a worthy price  ???
My toys:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
Definitely worth $16, TP! :cheers:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 05:09:32 PM
Definitely worth $16, TP! :cheers:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Hopefully so!  :tu:

What I know for sure is that I'll keep both eyes on that pesky wrench head to avoid losing it like I did with my Piranha!  :twak: :facepalm:
My toys:

us Offline BauerMobileToolSystems

• My JerryRig tips: www.facebook.com/BauerCustom
Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 07:01:14 AM
It looks very cool. How much play is in the adjustable wrench? I bought a $10 clone of the Jeep MultiTool off ebay that has the adjustable wrench & was not too happy with it. The bit holder wouldn't come out unless pulled by pliers & the lower jaw of adjustable wrench was very loose. I like this design better, & the price,  how does it do loosening medium to large bolts? Can you post a video demonstration?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:02:18 AM by BauerMobileToolSystems »

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 02:04:37 PM
It looks very cool. How much play is in the adjustable wrench? I bought a $10 clone of the Jeep MultiTool off ebay that has the adjustable wrench & was not too happy with it. The bit holder wouldn't come out unless pulled by pliers & the lower jaw of adjustable wrench was very loose. I like this design better, & the price,  how does it do loosening medium to large bolts? Can you post a video demonstration?

Not much on video demo's myself. :(. Maybe someone else can help. The adjustable wrench has a fair bit of play in it, but I haven't used it yet so no idea how well it works.  With the fairly short handle you will only get so much leverage so attacking highly torqued bolts is probably out.  There is no stop on the jaw so it has the potential of falling out if you run it to the outer useful limit and leave it.

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 03:14:01 AM
 :D
Thanks for posting this! 
I just bought one on amazon.

I have been looking for a better design for a adjustable wrench multi tool for a long time.  I LOVE the cheap Chinese Jeep wrench (the guppy wrench) multi tool but it is way too small.  the wrench jaws do not open wide enough to do anything useful that you couldn't do with a set of pliers.

After reading your post and seeing the pictures, I am enthusiastic about the prospects of this one.

Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 09:22:56 PM
I got one, around $11 on Amazon and just used it to change my oil! Partially unfolding it when using adjustable wrench actually gives you more leverage= longer grip area; but only pulling from one side, pulling the wrong direction will make it fold back up- so just choose which side faces up depending on if your loosening or tightening.
        When I first got it the plyers made a light scratchy sound when using them like debri was caught inside of the spring load cavity or something but that went away after a couple uses. My 2¢ well worth $11 so far!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 11:11:18 PM
Thank you for the report, BMTS! :iagree:

Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 09:15:49 AM
Update: the bottom jaw & adjuster wheel mount work themselves loose & fall off sometimes. Now I cant find the bottom jaw- I went to email company for replacement & notice they are no longer on Amazon? Not in search results anyway. I couldn't even find a company website on Google.  But I did notice a new similar cheap & c multitool!! See pic. Has anyone tried this thing? It looks coolee than the Boxtree my .02
Screenshot_20191210-183507.jpg
* Screenshot_20191210-183507.jpg (Filesize: 112.02 KB)

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 07:16:30 AM
Update: the bottom jaw & adjuster wheel mount work themselves loose & fall off sometimes. Now I cant find the bottom jaw- I went to email company for replacement & notice they are no longer on Amazon? Not in search results anyway. I couldn't even find a company website on Google.  But I did notice a new similar cheap & c multitool!! See pic. Has anyone tried this thing? It looks coolee than the Boxtree my .02

I looked at that one for a while.  I have not held it or used it in any way.  I didn't buy it because it has a terrible tool selection and the C wrench is just hanging out.  They didn't attempt to integrate it into the tool body at all.  That stuff is a major turn off for me.  When I see that, and think of doing a pocket carry, it looks like it would be easier to carry a similar sized C wrench and a Wave.  The Boxtree tool certainly has issues, (I really want to replace the file)  But it is a decent C wrench, and pliers in one single tool that actually feels like one single tool.

that's just my philosophy, I hope it makes sense.   :whistle:

Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 10:46:20 AM
The plot thickens! (pic) and 30 bucks on Amazon! Boxtree price was a deal
Screenshot_20191222-014246.jpg
* Screenshot_20191222-014246.jpg (Filesize: 129.87 KB)

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: December 22, 2019, 08:04:26 PM
The plot thickens! (pic) and 30 bucks on Amazon! Boxtree price was a deal

Oooo! That one is different.

Reply #27 on: December 22, 2019, 09:37:02 PM
Is it? I only noticed color difference

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41