Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anyone else have a Wenger Range 70?

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Anyone else have a Wenger Range 70?
on: August 02, 2018, 11:48:48 PM
So I snagged a Wenger Ranger 70, brand new in the box, for $88. Perhaps not the deal of the century, but it's a rare model in the States at least. My first impressions are... wow. That's a massive knife. My second impressions are... that I wish it was MORE massive. It's just a blade, pliers, and large file. I'd like the two openers and a saw blade. Then it'd be a right bit more useful.

The file on this knife is stunningly beautiful. It's the most aggressive, deep-cut file I've ever seen on a multi tool. I almost don't want to use it it's so nice! The blade is pretty slick and the pliers... well, somehow I was expecting more. I like the pliers. The wire cutters are awesome. But they're much smaller than I thought. Somehow even after seeing pictures of the Ranger line, the pliers seemed bigger in my head. They don't open very far, and just aren't very useful. I thought I desperately wanted Victorinox to make a RangerWood with pliers and a file... but after handling this knife, I think I don't care about the Ranger pliers anymore. They'd be good for fishing, but... I really can't think of another use. I'd rather have a RangerWood for camping and a Wenger SwissGrip for pliers, (Or a Coast Pocket Mechanic) and not bother with getting one tool to do it all.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD