Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

OMG I can’t believe it!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
OMG I can’t believe it!
on: August 01, 2018, 07:31:43 PM
Wow, I know this is a little off multitools but I had to share.. although that one night I did had my benchmade pocket knife!
This Tuesday coming up marks 20yrs since the wife and I first met face to face and made it official to be dating! Before, we met online in a chat room and kept chatting, then after 3months of that started talking on the phone, then after doing that for another 3months one day I finally had a weekend off and I called her and asked her for her address so we could meet. She thought I was BSing her, especially since I got waaay lost and took over 5hrs to travel something that should have only taken 2, I ended up calling her(collect) twice, there were pay phones back then! Anyway, the second call I was only right around the corner and her and her crew came to meet me, it was kinda funny, they told her NOT to get in the car with me! But she did anyway, we were only going around the corner, but they thought I was going to kidnap her, lol.. but when we got back ordered some pizza and wings, and ended up falling asleep on the couch after watching a movie(twister) and during a cooking show. So to make it special for the 20th, we’re going to order pizza and wings, watch twister and sleep on the couch! I just can’t believe it’s already been 20yrs, yet at some times it feels longer, funny thing is my family said we’d never make it past a year, except my one grandmother, she loved her because she had the balls to put my father in his place, something she couldn’t even do! She told me don’t ever let her go, she’s perfect! lol..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: OMG I can’t believe it!
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:35:20 PM
that's a great story. congrats :cheers:
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 07:41:46 PM
Great history.

And a big congratulations!  :tu:

Pizza and wings sounds perfect.  :cheers:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 07:50:25 PM
Congratulations  :cheers: :like: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

se Offline RF52

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 07:55:18 PM
Great history.

And a big congratulations!  :tu:

Pizza and wings sounds perfect.  :cheers:
+1 :like: :cheers:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 08:09:29 PM
Congrats to you both !   :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 08:47:53 PM
Staying married sadly now a days is quite a feat.  Congrats to you both.  20 years is quite an accomplishment.  :cheers: heres to the next 20.   
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:33 PM
Congratulations, here's to many good years!  :cheers:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 10:19:52 PM
Awesome story!  Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations and hope the memory you make this time is well recalled in another 20 years!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 10:31:00 PM
Staying married sadly now a days is quite a feat.  Congrats to you both.  20 years is quite an accomplishment.  :cheers: heres to the next 20.   
Thank you all, still not married for 20, this year will be the 19th wedding anniversary, this is the 20th meeting and start dating anniversary!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 10:45:58 PM
 Huge congrats! Normally I'd suggest sending the punishment chicken over but you'd probably coat it in chilli, deep fry it and eat it with pizza.  Like a boss.

:cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:15 PM
Congratulations you two!  :cheers:

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:25 PM
Congrats, great story  :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27:28 AM
Huge congrats! Normally I'd suggest sending the punishment chicken over but you'd probably coat it in chilli, deep fry it and eat it with pizza.  Like a boss.

:cheers:
A punishment chicken? :think:
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 02:00:56 AM
Congrats. Sounds like a great first date.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 02:37:48 AM
Congrats JR.... awesome story too :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 03:46:37 AM
Congrats on 20 years together :tu: :like:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:22 AM
A huge congratulations to you and the Misses, JR!  :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Pacu

Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 04:16:23 AM
Awesome you two.  :cheers:
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline redmond

Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 04:15:32 PM
Sincere congratulations!!!

That is a great idea for your anniversary. If you don't mind I think I will steal it and do the same for our 45th that is coming up in a couple weeks. We were looking for ideas. Only problem is I know we went to a movie but don't remember which one...  :)
Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 06:13:52 PM

That is a great idea for your anniversary. If you don't mind I think I will steal it and do the same for our 45th that is coming up in a couple weeks. We were looking for ideas. Only problem is I know we went to a movie but don't remember which one...  :)
Congrats, lol, I just read that to the wife and she smiled, she also said   “tell him to pick his wife’s fav movie, it’s then a win/win if he knows his wife!”
I’d say to just replay your night, or go out for diner to your fav spot and go to any movie that looks interesting, do as much that you remember to bring back as many memories of you two back on the day!
   I can remember bit for bit of that night, down to our first kiss, of course this was 20yrs ago and not 45! there’s one little part I didn’t say, I was sitting on the couch and she was laying across the couch with her head on a pillow on my lap, as the cooking came on she was faking that she was knocked out as I sat there uncomfortable, she just didn’t want me to leave, and knew I wouldn’t wake her! But I finally crashed in boredom from that cooking show..
JR

us Offline redmond

Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

Congrats, lol, I just read that to the wife and she smiled, she also said   “tell him to pick his wife’s fav movie, it’s then a win/win if he knows his wife!”
I’d say to just replay your night, or go out for diner to your fav spot and go to any movie that looks interesting, do as much that you remember to bring back as many memories of you two back on the day!
   I can remember bit for bit of that night, down to our first kiss, of course this was 20yrs ago and not 45! there’s one little part I didn’t say, I was sitting on the couch and she was laying across the couch with her head on a pillow on my lap, as the cooking came on she was faking that she was knocked out as I sat there uncomfortable, she just didn’t want me to leave, and knew I wouldn’t wake her! But I finally crashed in boredom from that cooking show..
JR

Your wife is a wise woman. THANKS!! and congratulations again.
Greg
LM: PST II, Crunch (x2), Squirt, Micra, Skeletool, Rebar, Wave
SAK: Executive, Classic, Compact, Farmer, Fieldmaster, Huntsman, Explorer, SwissChamp, Climber, Camper, Pioneer, Pioneer X, Money Clip, Minichamp, Cadet, Super Tinker, Bijou, Excelsior, Swisstool, Wenger SGT Shortix  Plus, Traveler, Evo S18
 Gerber: Mr. Pinchy, MP600

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 08:38:24 PM

JR

Your wife is a wise woman. THANKS!! and congratulations again.
One of the main reasons I kept her, that and for the set of balls on her, she tought me a LOT, especially how to stand up for myself! Probably since she’s from philly! But if it wasn’t for her I’d probably still be living at home with my father,, having to ask if I can take my own car to the store and spend $5 of my own money..
JR

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 08:55:59 PM
May you two have many more years of pizza and wings on the couch. :cheers:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:56 PM
Thanks, even when I got to dump it in a blender and eat it with a spoon :whistle:
JR

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 02:42:18 AM
Thanks, even when I got to dump it in a blender and eat it with a spoon :whistle:
JR
Pro tip, take the bones out first.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 05:20:27 AM
JR
Pro tip, take the bones out first.
That was a thought..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: August 06, 2018, 07:45:30 AM
It is now the 6th, still have to go to bed but technically I can say OMG tomorrows the BIG day! Tuesday’s almost here, I still can’t believe it, 20 freaking years since I first met her, kissed her, and asked her to be my girlfriend! Then crashed on her couch, lol..
JR

Oh, plans are all set, even got a jug of very unique ice cream, funny part was the little guy asked what we were doing and when we said about the pizza he raised an eyebrow and asked do I get a piece? I was like heck no, you weren’t even a thought back then, lol.. I’m sure the Mrs will prob order a mini pizza and say here now go back to what rock you were hiding under :whistle: I swear he hides, you have to yell for him to possably hear you, yet you can whisper about food or other things and he’ll be at the bottom of the steps, and be asking “what are we doing?”
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #28 on: August 06, 2018, 08:04:22 AM
Oh here’s another little part of the story,
Back then we didn’t have all this photo communication stuff, so we didn’t even know what the other one looked like, as I was sitting at the gas station around the corner from her house waiting for her after I made the last phone call, I was sitting on the hood and I see these three girls walking around asking guys at the station hey you him? Then you’d see the guy shake his head, now all this time I’m sitting there trying to figure out which one I had been talking too? Then one of them spot me, she taps the others on their shoulders and points, so they start walking to me, it was like the Wild West, three cowgirls walking side by side and in slow motion ready to draw and shoot me down, but all this time I’m still trying to figure out which one she was, then all of a sudden the three in a row turned to only two side by side as one fell behind using the other two like a wall, then the other two ask me “hey you him” I was like yeah and you back there must be her? Funny part was she was the one I had my eye on the whole time, the two girls move aside and here’s this girl putting her hands on her face giggling, then says “yeah, it’s me” Oh it was so cute!
JR

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: August 06, 2018, 08:55:31 AM
That last bit brought a huge :D on my face. Nice story! Good luck :tu:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00