Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are Olight’s reliable ?

Offline Old man Chris

Are Olight’s reliable ?
on: August 02, 2018, 03:50:12 PM
I’m thinking of buying a couple , are they trustworthy . I’ve had a few bad experiences with some Chinese lights  , as I understand it Zebra.ightb, and O light are among the best .

What say you Oricles ?

Best Regards,

Chris

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Are Olight’s reliable ?
Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 04:05:17 PM
Got 2 Olights and so far I have no problems with them... Definitely reliable...

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 05:02:09 PM
I've got 22 of them and only one has proved to have an issue which olight sorted in less than a week :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline cody6268

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 10:52:08 PM
I had the lens/top cap screw off my i3EOS once while in my pocket, but that was it. I have bought two i3EOS and an i1R, and have never had a problem with any of them.  I like to buy Maglites as they're USA made, but Olights are simply a more powerful and better light for less money (compared to the LED Mini Maglite and LED Solitaire).

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 12:20:28 AM
I've been using a 1xAAA olight for three years, a 1xAA zebralight for two years and haven't had any problems with either flashlight.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:28:06 AM
One of my favorite lights is an Olight S1R which has been flawless.  My Zebralight has also been flawless.  I have a few other Olights that are without issue. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 12:47:22 AM
One of my favorite lights is an Olight S1R which has been flawless.  My Zebralight has also been flawless.  I have a few other Olights that are without issue.

You must be a smurfing mind reader , I was thinking of an SR1 Baton !

Best Regards,

Chris

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 05:50:46 AM
I liked the Olight S1R and it performed well but I by far prefer my Zebralighgt SC62 .  The main reason is the recessed switch on the Zebra and the second is the screwed on clip.  I never trusted the Olight in my pocket because of the switch.  I know it can be locked in off, but I just didn't trust that.  I also had the clip snap off the Olight a couple of times when I was working in tight quarters  and it cought on something.  There is also no positive protection against directly shorting the battery due to the magnetic charging system.  Theoreticaly a key could contact both terminal points at the same time and if remaining there for more than a moment the battery could get extreemly hot very quickly.  The charging system is very good and very convenient, so if you're going to cary the Olight in a pouch or away from loose conductive materials (keys, coins, small MTs etc...) it's awesome.  Both brands are awesome. I just prefer the Zebralight.  Either way you can't go wrong.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

Offline Old man Chris

Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 04:45:00 PM
I liked the Olight S1R and it performed well but I by far prefer my Zebralighgt SC62 .  The main reason is the recessed switch on the Zebra and the second is the screwed on clip.  I never trusted the Olight in my pocket because of the switch.  I know it can be locked in off, but I just didn't trust that.  I also had the clip snap off the Olight a couple of times when I was working in tight quarters  and it cought on something.  There is also no positive protection against directly shorting the battery due to the magnetic charging system.  Theoreticaly a key could contact both terminal points at the same time and if remaining there for more than a moment the battery could get extreemly hot very quickly.  The charging system is very good and very convenient, so if you're going to cary the Olight in a pouch or away from loose conductive materials (keys, coins, small MTs etc...) it's awesome.  Both brands are awesome. I just prefer the Zebralight.  Either way you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the input . Good insights 

Best Regards ,

hris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24