Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Dukes of Hazzard

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
The Dukes of Hazzard
on: August 06, 2018, 06:24:18 PM
This series is airing now on RTP Memória (Memory). It's a channel with reruns of old shows from our PBS TV. I noticed both Bo and Luke (reagrdless of what actors played their part) carry a knife pouch. Looks like a Buck 110.

Also, there's this to back me up:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57944.msg1053528.html#msg1053528

:cheers: :cheers:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: The Dukes of Hazzard
Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 07:30:03 PM
Because of some political BS, I think every network in the US stopped running not only the show, but the movie from like 12 years ago.  It's great that it can still be run in your country, and on public television nonetheless.

It has to be a 110 sheath. Most other large folders of the era (Case, Schrade (Uncle Henry, Old Timer), Imperial) came with sheaths just have a slit cut in the back, but the loop sits slightly above the top of the flap.  My 1970s 110's sheath sits just like that on my belt.   Now, I just remembered something--I've got to put some saddle soap on my leather sheaths--I haven't done it in months.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:38:03 PM by cody6268 »

hr Offline styx

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 07:33:18 PM
it has been confirmed that it is a Buck 110
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:36:51 PM
Hi Daisy :whistle:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 04:10:16 PM
Hi Daisy :whistle:

It's more like "Howdy, gals!"

:hatsoff:

Seeing that show, you come to think of southern US and A being filled with pretty girls every way you turn. Plus, they awl love guns and fast cars!

8) 8)

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
:whistle:

it Offline SolomonKane79

• Don't send flowers, but marlin spikes!
Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:52:43 AM
I think i once saw Bo or Luke pulling out one but it was not a 110 or at least it had custom scales. I remember it was very beautiful,looked like a vintage handmade folder with rich intarsia and engravings. I think it is a scene from an episode where they kidnap both Bo and Luke and maybe even Roscoe but cant be sure.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Antonio

Offline Kris Sherman

Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 11:24:27 PM
Good but old movie :)

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
  • Hardwood sawyer, and follower of Jesus Christ
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 04:31:51 AM

Seeing that show, you come to think of southern US and A being filled with pretty girls every way you turn. Plus, they awl love guns and fast cars!

8) 8)

Well...it pretty much is like that here. Except a lot of the girls wear longer pants or skirts than Daisy did. But she was on TV. But yes, the rural southeast has a lot of DOH real life going on. I work with a dude who could have been a character on that show.....I would have been too boring, myself....
I work in Pickens County, where "If your sawmill's more powerful than your Jeep, you might live in Pickens County."
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

au Offline Echotech

Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 06:04:08 AM
Well...it pretty much is like that here. Except a lot of the girls wear longer pants or skirts than Daisy did. But she was on TV. But yes, the rural southeast has a lot of DOH real life going on. I work with a dude who could have been a character on that show.....I would have been too boring, myself....
I work in Pickens County, where "If your sawmill's more powerful than your Jeep, you might live in Pickens County."
:like: great description, I must visit that part of the world one day Jim :tu:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 03:23:06 AM
:like: great description, I must visit that part of the world one day Jim :tu:

Come on mate, give it a go, Aussies live a charmed existence when they get to the US....you could move here permanently and do quite well for yourself. Or just visit. Let me know when you're coming, I'll take you shooting, wear big knives in public, drive on the right side of the road, and show you wild animals that aren't marsupials.  :D
This life is merely a staging ground for eternity. Are you preparing for the rest of forever?

pt Offline MacGyver

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 12:36:58 PM
This series is airing now on RTP Memória (Memory). It's a channel with reruns of old shows from our PBS TV. I noticed both Bo and Luke (reagrdless of what actors played their part) carry a knife pouch. Looks like a Buck 110.

(Image removed from quote.)

Also, there's this to back me up:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57944.msg1053528.html#msg1053528

:cheers: :cheers:

Nice one mate  :tu:

I remember Bo using his knife to cut some rope in one episode, but i have no idea what it was...  :think:

I was in love with Daisy though...  :drool: :drool:
"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 04:23:04 AM
Nice one mate  :tu:

I remember Bo using his knife to cut some rope in one episode, but i have no idea what it was...  :think:

Probably a Bo-wie knife, mate....

au Offline Echotech

Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 06:28:24 AM
Come on mate, give it a go, Aussies live a charmed existence when they get to the US....you could move here permanently and do quite well for yourself. Or just visit. Let me know when you're coming, I'll take you shooting, wear big knives in public, drive on the right side of the road, and show you wild animals that aren't marsupials.  :D
I’m sold Jim :D :tu:
Can’t see me ever leaving Sydney permanently but sounds like a great holiday some time :cheers: :hatsoff:

us Offline Jim the Brave

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 01:35:32 PM
I'll even show you our one and only American marsupial.... American Opossums live abundantly "in this neck of the woods."

We'll show you holly trees, magnolias, baldcypress, red and white oak, cherry, and walnut, and I'll take you to the sawmill and show you how we take all the sawdust out of the logs!

We'll flatten those curves on the country roads driving muscle cars and pickup trucks. We'll speed ten miles per hour over the speed limit right in front of the cops without getting caught. We'll introduce you to grits, okra, maple syrup, and a substance called barbecue, as in, let's eat some barbecue. You'll meet some swell guys and gals and they'll all want to listen to your accent.

The one thing I can't promise is that you'll like our beer (I'm not a drinker myself). From what I've been told, you have much better choices there.  :D  But I went 4 months in Australia and never touched alcohol here or there, so it's only hearsay.  :cheers:

I have an Aussie mate who is engaged to a yankee girl, and he has been going through the long and laborious visa application process. Got word yesterday that he made some significant progress....can't wait to see him!

I have a number of Australian friends here in South Carolina who have immigrated permanently. They're generally happy with their decision. Of course the recent unpleasantness worldwide has left us all a bit disgruntled, but I doubt it's worse here than where you are, in terms of daily life!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%