Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally sorted the Watches

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Finally sorted the Watches
Reply #210 on: September 08, 2018, 10:42:13 PM
Typical standard Chinese movement.
But they work, keep good time and are easily replaceable by a whole new watch.
There are litteraly thousands of watches with that movement in the same price range. Gold, silver, black, rose, blue, ...
Search around and buy something you really like. Be sure to check places like aliexpress, dx and miniinthebox. (And many more)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #211 on: September 08, 2018, 10:55:45 PM
Err, as cheap as that is, yeah the price is good but to me that’s like buying a Chinese sak, if sharpened it will cut! But still..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #212 on: September 08, 2018, 11:08:35 PM
Just shows what I know about watches  :facepalm:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #213 on: September 09, 2018, 12:12:59 AM
Kinda like these two,,
That invicta is only missing the day, unlike that other,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #214 on: September 10, 2018, 05:19:19 AM
Here, this will make the decision a little easier. :P

Most of the wrist watch collection, minus a few work watches(Invicta S1, Pro Diver, and Timex Expedition) and one digital watch(blue g-shock knockoff). :ahhh

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #215 on: September 10, 2018, 08:30:57 AM
Ha ha, funny..
Idk, I just can’t find that right one, funny thing is the wife wants to get me a watch for Xmas! :whistle:
I like divers cause of the weight, but as an everyday watch you don’t want to go too heavy, I like automatics yet also solar, solar should win on this part because I’m not going to be wearing it 24/7, yet I could get a watch winder! (I had a double) I just don’t know what to do, it’s like no matter which way I go I end up getting pulled in a diff direction..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #216 on: September 10, 2018, 08:39:00 AM
It is tough. I've only actively sought out a few watches in my life and the decision is tough. :ahhh

Most of the watches were just good deals or happenstance. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #217 on: September 10, 2018, 08:47:39 AM
It is tough. I've only actively sought out a few watches in my life and the decision is tough. :ahhh

Most of the watches were just good deals or happenstance. :)
Well, if you put it that way, every one of those watches I received as a gift, only two of them I picked out, the rest I didn’t even know I was getting..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #218 on: September 10, 2018, 09:55:50 AM
Can't complain about presents.  :iagree: Especially watches. I have not met many watches I didn't like in some way or another. :gimme:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #219 on: September 10, 2018, 06:00:09 PM
Can't complain about presents.  :iagree: Especially watches. I have not met many watches I didn't like in some way or another. :gimme:
Well, all those you see hanging on my little setup are my fav, there are a few others, one I gave our younger son as a mid school grad, another as high school grad to out older son,(that was one of my fav, and he has yet to wear it) and I have one put away for the younger son when he grads hs. There was one that my wife had and gave to a friend cause she just didn’t like it, but there’s a few more that I just don’t like..
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #220 on: September 20, 2018, 01:27:54 AM
I was having a problem with storing my watches. Years ago, I bought a small 6 watch wooden case at a local jewelry store but quickly found out it wasn't meant for large watches. End result, I couldn't close the solid wooden lid. That caused another issue in that I do have a few solar watches and they do like exposure to light. I also had a few recent watch purchases that were stored in their fancy retail boxes. I found this 24 watch case on Amazon, and it just came in today. I was uncertain as I couldn't find any mention of very large watches hitting the lid. I took a chance, and am happy to say this case will hold your largest watches. Plenty of clearance for the largest of watches. I may need another at a later date, or just keep this one for those I intend to use.

As a bonus, the watch tool kit arrived today as well. I have a load of watch gaskets coming to me sometime at a later date.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:29:03 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #221 on: September 20, 2018, 01:36:28 AM
Very nice!
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #222 on: September 20, 2018, 01:50:50 AM
Thanks. Have you decided on your next watch yet?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #223 on: September 20, 2018, 02:01:27 AM
Thanks. Have you decided on your next watch yet?
Err, yes/no I’m kinda leaning to the citizen eco, but then I’m not 100%, the Mrs kinda likes it but then doesn’t like the green bands, so maybe..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #224 on: September 20, 2018, 02:11:54 AM
Very very nice, Chako! Good choice of display box. :)

The toolkit looks nice as well. It is similar to the stuff I use, except I don't have the movement mount. Probably need to get one at some point.  I have never looked back after getting a 3-point case back wrench. The 2-point is good for scratching the case back. :ahhh

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #225 on: September 20, 2018, 03:35:45 AM
Not a big fan with Citizen Eco drives. I have 3 and all of them need to be sent back to the company to get a new battery installed. My Casio solar...never an issue. I read that the Eco Drives should last up to 10 years. I am lucky if I get a few years before they die.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:38:00 AM by Chako »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #226 on: September 20, 2018, 04:40:13 AM
Not a big fan with Citizen Eco drives. I have 3 and all of them need to be sent back to the company to get a new battery installed. My Casio solar...never an issue. I read that the Eco Drives should last up to 10 years. I am lucky if I get a few years before they die.
Huh, I heard their good. The two gshocks that I have which are solar haven’t given me any problem, the one is atomic so that stays on time, the other is about 5sec a week off but as far as battery they’ve never gone below a full charge, I take that back, the one dropped to a mid charge, I had to stick it in the window for the day and it was back to a full charge but that’s because I didn’t wear it months, I just fig a citizen would be a good addition,,
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #227 on: September 20, 2018, 05:09:17 AM
Don't let me dissuade you. I just have had nothing but bad luck with them...and considering two of them are top end Skyhawks...it is painful to have to keep servicing them due to a dead battery. For the Skyhawk...this will be its second battery replacement. Those gshocks are Casio right? I have never had an issue with my Casio Pathfinder.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:11:18 AM by Chako »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #228 on: September 20, 2018, 05:46:30 AM
Chako,
Now that you possess a nice set of watch tools, you can likely change the capacitor cells in the Citizens. I found a new capacitor cell replacement for $27 on eBay for mine. It installed like a watch battery, but did have to be inserted in a peculiar way (since it had a special tab on the (-) side). Not all of them have the tab though. :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #229 on: September 20, 2018, 05:49:12 AM
Don't let me dissuade you. I just have had nothing but bad luck with them...and considering two of them are top end Skyhawks...it is painful to have to keep servicing them due to a dead battery. For the Skyhawk...this will be its second battery replacement. Those gshocks are Casio right? I have never had an issue with my Casio Pathfinder.
Yes Casio, my fav is a 6900, it’s my everyday watch, I’m just looking for another watch but not digital, just don’t need the timer, stopwatch, or alarm, I just want the time, day and date, and preferably one that I don’t have to change the battery..
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #230 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:58 PM
A Seiko automatic diver possibly?  :pok:  :pok:  :pok:

I know they do not come with numerals on the face...but they do come in nice colours. A side benefit, you will never have to replace a battery...preserving your water proof rating. That and they come with the nicest nicknames in the industry.

gerleatherberman, I am not up to doing that job myself right now. I will start small and work my way upwards.  :tu:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:34:20 PM by Chako »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #231 on: September 20, 2018, 01:38:08 PM
Fair enough, Chako. :cheers:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #232 on: September 23, 2018, 10:38:39 PM
Went to Wal-Mart to get a new shirt. Didn't leave with a shirt.
20180923_145717-1.jpeg
* 20180923_145717-1.jpeg (Filesize: 165.48 KB)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #233 on: September 23, 2018, 10:39:44 PM
Close ups.
20180923_152755-1.jpeg
* 20180923_152755-1.jpeg (Filesize: 115.79 KB)
20180923_152848-1.jpeg
* 20180923_152848-1.jpeg (Filesize: 141.81 KB)
20180923_152944-1.jpeg
* 20180923_152944-1.jpeg (Filesize: 103.26 KB)
20180923_152959-1.jpeg
* 20180923_152959-1.jpeg (Filesize: 132.78 KB)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #234 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:34 PM
Very nice...and those prices.  :ahhh

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #235 on: September 23, 2018, 11:24:26 PM
Very nice...and those prices.  :ahhh
Thank you, Chako!  :cheers:

I had been looking at some of the Casio stuff online, but it didn't look that good in photos. Today, when I saw the black and orange(functioning) chronograph, I wasn't leaving without it. :)
And the World Time for $7 would have been crazy to pass up.  :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #236 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:42 AM
Nice find..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #237 on: September 24, 2018, 02:33:14 AM
Nice find..
JR
Thank you, JR! :cheers:

Did you ever decide on a new watch? I saw a few solar powered Casios at Wal-Mart that were reasonably priced and thought about your watch hunt(no pun intended. lol). Can't remember if any of the dials met your desired criteria though. I feel like one or two did. :think:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #238 on: September 24, 2018, 02:50:17 AM
Nice find..
JR
Thank you, JR! :cheers:

Did you ever decide on a new watch? I saw a few solar powered Casios at Wal-Mart that were reasonably priced and thought about your watch hunt(no pun intended. lol). Can't remember if any of the dials met your desired criteria though. I feel like one or two did. :think:
Digital or analog? Cause I have two Casio gshocks both solar and one even atomic. But no, I still haven’t figured what watch.. I still got some time..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #239 on: September 24, 2018, 04:08:13 AM
The ones, I thought about your search for, were analog with Arabic numerals. I can't remember if they had minute marks though.  :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%