Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally sorted the Watches

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: Finally sorted the Watches
Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 07:29:17 AM
Thanks to Gerby here, these last few days my vintage chronograph got wrist time.

Landeron 48 hand wind movement in extremely good condition!

(Image removed from quote.)
:salute:

I apologize, Nick. I did not notice the reply until this evening. That is a beautiful watch! I like the fact that is has patina, but still looks good. I think the term for those is "survivor", when a vintage watch hasn't been touched(as far as resto work) and still looks good. Vintage mechanical chronographs are quite a thing to behold.  Thanks for sharing.  :cheers:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 07:30:49 AM
Did some more sorting to move the watches around that I wanted in the main two boxes. Omega box is still the same though. :)

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 03:55:13 PM
Nice,
I thought I posted a pic of my cute little setup, I see I posted one of the collection but not of my unique showcase, I’ll have to take one when I get home..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
 :popcorn:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:41 PM
Here, I made my little knife showcase back in :think: 05? It was originally a phone/equipment charging stand, a outlet strip would be under that leather along with the plugs, then just a little wire would come up so all you had to do is put whatever electronic device on the leather and let it charge, the back section is a perfect fit for all the magazines I used to get, then a little over was the pen slot, but after joining this forum you can see things changed :whistle: as for the watches I found a hanger for ties for like 25¢ At a tag sale, I had no clue what I was going to use it for, and it sat in a box for like 2yrs then well I bent it up and drilled it into the stand to hang the watches.. works for me!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:14 PM
Nice collection JR :like: :like: :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 07:09:13 PM
I like that setup, JR!  :like:

Seems like a nice thing to have your gear kind of located in one station. Very cool. :)

You have my brain cogs turning(I'll try not to hurt myself...lol) about making a station for my most carried gear! :multi:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: August 15, 2018, 07:29:30 PM
Thanks
I love it, it used to be on top of the dresser but after we moved and the dresser is now a little further away I put a shelf up closer to the bed so now it’s within reach :whistle: but it’s nice to see/have the “most carried” gear right there! There’s hooks on the side where I used to hang all the sak, but since it’s closer I wouldn’t really be able to see them, so I moved the flashlights to idk where :shrug: but I like the station, I’ve kinda thought it would be better with a drawer underneath, just something maybe like 1-1/2” tall just enough to put more sak’s watches, and flashlights in! That would be nice!
JR
Here’s what the side used to look like..

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: August 15, 2018, 07:32:52 PM
 :like:
Tonight I'm going to design a new Gear station. Mine will have to be significantly different though. Over 25 "beater" multi-tools, plus saks, plus lights, plus loupes, plus measuring tapes, and watches. :)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: August 15, 2018, 07:35:30 PM
I like the design of your show case JR :like: :like: :tu:
I am still thinking of how or what
I want to store my SAKs and MTs in :think:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 07:36:33 PM
Tonight I'm going to design a new Gear station. Mine will have to be significantly different though. Over 25 "beater" multi-tools, plus saks, plus lights, plus loupes, plus measuring tapes, and watches. :)
So it will have to be big then GLBM  :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 07:37:18 PM
Oh cool :tu: you going to draft something out before building it? Cause this is something I can’t wait to see, and if you advice on it I’d love to help!
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 07:40:05 PM
This is getting interesting  :popcorn:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:06 PM
I like the design of your show case JR :like: :like: :tu:
I am still thinking of how or what
I want to store my SAKs and MTs in :think:
Thanks,
I guess I could take the knives and sak out of the sheaths to get a little more room to put more stuff up but I kinda like those two since I restitched those two black ones with a diff color. They make these things if your interested in something like it..
JR

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: August 15, 2018, 07:45:15 PM
:rofl:
Maybe. :whistle:

Oh cool :tu: you going to draft something out before building it? Cause this is something I can’t wait to see, and if you advice on it I’d love to help!
JR
Thank you, JR! I'll definitely be asking some pointers if I hit a dead end (which happens a lot with me..haha)
I will try, if I get time tonight, to make a rough draft of a design.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: August 15, 2018, 07:54:00 PM
:rofl:
Maybe. :whistle:

JR
Thank you, JR! I'll definitely be asking some pointers if I hit a dead end (which happens a lot with me..haha)
I will try, if I get time tonight, to make a rough draft of a design.
Cool, gotta go shopping later and got a project to work on (mini skids for display) but I’ll be around, pm me if needed..
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2018, 07:55:27 PM
I don’t know what I want  :ahhh
Do I get something with drawers
or do I go for a display unit  :think:
I will have to make my mind up soon
especially with my collection slowly getting bigger  :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: August 15, 2018, 08:05:19 PM
You could do both, kinda like what I’m thinking. Have something like mine with a display, no if’s, but then a drawer unit underneath! This way you keep your prized pieces on display but then you have the drawers to put away the other pieces..
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: August 15, 2018, 08:09:38 PM
You could do both, kinda like what I’m thinking. Have something like mine with a display, no if’s, but then a drawer unit underneath! This way you keep your prized pieces on display but then you have the drawers to put away the other pieces..
JR
That’s a excellent idea JR :cheers:
I will have to draw some different
ideas and see what could work for me  :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:42 PM
JR
That’s a excellent idea JR :cheers:
I will have to draw some different
ideas and see what could work for me  :tu: :like: :like:
Something like this, or, how about a glass top humidor with a drawer, I had one bit for other reason! All most important on display yet covered from dust, lol, then also others in their drawers?
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: August 15, 2018, 08:25:15 PM
Something like that  :tu: :like: :like:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: August 15, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Would definitely need a glass top
or front especially with lots of animal hair  :tu:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: August 15, 2018, 08:38:38 PM
Well if that’s the case display them all, most prized on the top, but the others displayed on lower racks, yet everything’s under lock and key!
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 08:39:25 PM
Or just all fancy?
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: August 15, 2018, 08:48:40 PM
Well if that’s the case display them all, most prized on the top, but the others displayed on lower racks, yet everything’s under lock and key!
JR
That looks nice  :tu: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: August 15, 2018, 09:09:47 PM
JR
So now you got to work the gears and figure out what to do?
JR

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: August 15, 2018, 09:11:47 PM
JR
So now you got to work the gears and figure out what to do?
JR
It’s definitely giving me some ideas thanks JR :cheers: :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: August 15, 2018, 09:29:17 PM
W,
With your current sized collection and the rate it is growing, a machinist's tool chest would be a good bet. It doesn't have glass, but the top closes and drawers close.
I have one that is 28" wide, 18" tall, and 12" deep. 6 small drawers and two wide drawers. I use mine for assorting my knife collection, but it would be good for EDC arrangement. I just don't have anywhere to put another one, so I need to make something custom. I might even snag some walnut scraps from work to make the front. Not sure yet.

The machinist's tool chest I have was made by a Chinese company called "Windsor" and was $79 at an import goods tool store (Harbor freight). It is assuredly a differe different brand in the U.K., but I think you could probably find one. :)

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: August 15, 2018, 09:32:46 PM
Thanks GLBM that sounds good
I am sure I have seen them before
Will check later if I can find one  :tu: :like: :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:44 PM
Here’s the one he’s talking about.. I’ve almost bought this a few times for something to put on my dresser, cause I love wood but am just broke..
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%