Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Minimalist challenge...

dkop1 · 228 · 7396

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Minimalist challenge...
Reply #210 on: September 04, 2018, 09:11:23 PM
Excellent.  :cheers:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #211 on: September 04, 2018, 09:21:05 PM
Day 29

And now for something completely different... Package opening. A Lansky Turnbox arrived tried it on the Golfer, made it even sharper. Good little kit.

Had to look that one up.  It seems a lot like the spyderco sharpener, but less expensive.

How do you like it?

Yeah, basically a budget Spyderco Sharpmaker (which costs a small fortune here), or at least the same concept in a slightly different package. I like it very much so far. I just needed a couple of minutes to get the hang of it, I mean my hand and wrist had to get used to holding the blade right, but after that it's a breeze! Sharpens blades hair popping sharp. I'm very satisfied with this purchase and I can highly recommend it.

Thanks!   :cheers:

That's sounds like what I'm after.  Currently, I don't really have a way to sharpen serrated blades, so I was looking at the sharpmaker, but it is pricey.

I'll have to check this out.
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #212 on: September 04, 2018, 11:44:10 PM
Day 29:

Opening a package. Just some detergent, though. Nothing exciting...  :-[
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

us Offline dkop1

• Acknowledged blade-aholic who isn't seeking help.
Reply #213 on: September 05, 2018, 03:12:46 AM
Day 29, just thought the white Spartan looked good on the faux granite counter :whistle:
rps20180904_211104.jpg
* rps20180904_211104.jpg (Filesize: 148.35 KB)
"Have yourself a nice long rest and be back here in twelve minutes."
"All the good times, that's what I'll remember. I think there were three."

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #214 on: September 05, 2018, 03:33:24 AM
Day 29, just thought the white Spartan looked good on the faux granite counter :whistle:

It definitely does!  :tu:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #215 on: September 05, 2018, 03:51:55 AM
 :iagree: it sure does!

us Offline dkop1

Reply #216 on: September 05, 2018, 06:22:32 AM
Day 29

And now for something completely different... Package opening. A Lansky Turnbox arrived tried it on the Golfer, made it even sharper. Good little kit.
Hey Exeter....... I got an early model Golfer in the mail today! I think I'll clean it up a bit and carry it for the final day of our challenge.  :woohoo:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #217 on: September 05, 2018, 01:52:59 PM
Day 30:

Final day of the challenge  :woohoo:

As I looked at the various knives I had carried as part of this challenge over the last 30 days (1st pic), trying to decide which one should get the honor of carry for the last day, I realized it had to be my trusty black pioneer. Plus a little go juice to get this day started ;)

Thanks to dkop1 for kicking off this challenge and allowing me to participate! :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #218 on: September 05, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
Your black pioneer...a excellent choice

us Offline dkop1

Reply #219 on: September 05, 2018, 03:14:00 PM
Day 30...
Folks, it's been a pleasure. Certainly much more enjoyable to do it together! It made my first challenge a good one, and I'll be sure to do more in the future. (Thinking the <=74mm challenge next spring.... After holiday party/wine opening season  :D )

As mentioned before, for my last day, I'm toting the Golfer I just acquired, as I've been admiring Exeter's the whole time.
I've adored your Pioneer too Gustophersmob, but I didn't find a sweet deal on one during the challenge. I'll be sure to let you know when I do  :cheers:
rps20180905_091039.jpg
* rps20180905_091039.jpg (Filesize: 66.97 KB)

us Offline dkop1

Reply #220 on: September 05, 2018, 03:23:50 PM
I see you've been noticing our challenge lately. Thanks for the compliments  :tu:
You doing your challenge next?  :pok: :pok:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #221 on: September 05, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

Thanks  :cheers:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #222 on: September 05, 2018, 03:55:50 PM
Day 30...
Folks, it's been a pleasure. Certainly much more enjoyable to do it together! It made my first challenge a good one, and I'll be sure to do more in the future. (Thinking the <=74mm challenge next spring.... After holiday party/wine opening season  :D )

As mentioned before, for my last day, I'm toting the Golfer I just acquired, as I've been admiring Exeter's the whole time.
I've adored your Pioneer too Gustophersmob, but I didn't find a sweet deal on one during the challenge. I'll be sure to let you know when I do  :cheers:

Golfer looks great!

And you should definitely get a pioneer!  :tu:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #223 on: September 05, 2018, 06:09:52 PM
Day 30

Well, great minds think alike: I had the exact same idea for the final day as you, gustophersmob, with the group shot and also I chose my black Pioneer too, in my case as the fanciest one to close the challenge. Below are the the SAK's that appeared in the past 30 days (Waiter, Sportsman, Wenger Comander, Spartan, DofE, Golfer, grey Pioneer, black Pioneer, 108 mm GAK and the OHO serrated Sentinel).

As gustophersmob already said, thanks dkop1 for letting me/us join in!  :cheers: BTW, congrats on the Golfer, I'm sure you'll love it just as I love mine! My favorite part is the plain backspring, makes the knife look way classier than a Compact.
minimalist_30_1.jpg
* minimalist_30_1.jpg (Filesize: 38.29 KB)
minimalist_30_2.jpg
* minimalist_30_2.jpg (Filesize: 51.1 KB)

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #224 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:31 PM
Day 30

Well, great minds think alike: I had the exact same idea for the final day as you, gustophersmob, with the group shot and also I chose my black Pioneer too, in my case as the fanciest one to close the challenge. Below are the the SAK's that appeared in the past 30 days (Waiter, Sportsman, Wenger Comander, Spartan, DofE, Golfer, grey Pioneer, black Pioneer, 108 mm GAK and the OHO serrated Sentinel).

As gustophersmob already said, thanks dkop1 for letting me/us join in!  :cheers: BTW, congrats on the Golfer, I'm sure you'll love it just as I love mine! My favorite part is the plain backspring, makes the knife look way classier than a Compact.

Great minds, huh?  I don't think I've ever been accused of that before  :think:  :whistle:  ;)

Great choice for today's carry!  :like:

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #225 on: September 07, 2018, 12:06:10 PM
All three of us have been awarded now, congrats on your first challenge badge dkop1!  :tu:

us Offline dkop1

Reply #226 on: September 07, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
All three of us have been awarded now, congrats on your first challenge badge dkop1!  :tu:
It was fun! Definitely looking at doing another in a few months. Glad to do it with such a fine crew!  :cheers:

.........also glad to have my trusty explorer back in my backpack  :whistle:

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #227 on: September 07, 2018, 03:03:08 PM
 :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%