Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Flying and and tool free today :/

clown · 36 · 1640

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Flying and and tool free today :/
Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 02:13:59 PM
Has anyone gotten through TSA with a knifeless Rebar? I desperately want something capable to carry onto a plane and I like this idea but I don't want to find out the hard way that it won't pass...

I'd doubt it. There are no real standards, and it's up to the TSA's discretion what gets in and what doesn't, and that's quite broad.

us Offline superpaco

• Bigly bragadocious
Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 03:54:10 PM
Has anyone gotten through TSA with a knifeless Rebar? I desperately want something capable to carry onto a plane and I like this idea but I don't want to find out the hard way that it won't pass...

I'd doubt it. There are no real standards, and it's up to the TSA's discretion what gets in and what doesn't, and that's quite broad.

That kinda what I thought.
Life is hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 02:04:22 AM
Has anyone gotten through TSA with a knifeless Rebar?

Will it legally pass? Yes, based on the written guidelines. But remember that the last word is a screener. Who has full power and authority to seize anything they want, and to block anyone they want.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 09:56:23 AM
I've been doing a lot of carry-on only air travel for the last year and a half and every time I was able to get my LM Style PS through security. I read somewhere that TSA agents don't like finding something and then thinking you are trying to sneak it through. So every time I've kept the Style PS in my pocket, opened it up completely showing all of the tools and put it in the tray with my keys and wallet. A few times I've seen an agent pick it up and examine it but so far none have taken it. I also keep a phillips screwdriver key on my keyring. Together I've been able to handle most of the light, everyday tasks I've encountered while traveling.
This has certainly gotten my brain gears turning. :think:
I may try this out next flight, with the cheapest bladeless tool that I can find/mod.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 03:41:21 PM
I would suggest picking up a cheap (5 dollar or so) pocket knife once you get there so that you have a blade at least, and just dispose of it before you leave.

Offline gadgetman7

Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 12:14:42 AM

I’ve flown with this setup several times and haven’t had issues. Bigidesign gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD