Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Should 'Owners' Club' threads be cluttered up with 'everyday' pics?

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
I am probably one of the people the OP is referring to ::)

I take anywhere from 1 to 7 pics a day (not so much lately)  and try and always post them in relevant threads :salute:

I can see how those that read all these threads daily can get bored with them but if you come in reading these threads in a month from now you will never know they are in several threads :)

I have also taken part of thread derailment but that has been a part of MTO to me since I joined over a decade ago :tu: you can check most of the oldest threads if you dont believe me :D

I myself haven't been able to put in the forum lately as much as I would like due to work but have tried to keep up with daily threads and owners club threads to keep them from going down to the other pages to keep the forum as active as I possibly can with what time I have had :hatsoff:

This place is suppose to be for a hobby and I think some people may have lost sight of this ??? It is meant to be fun and not serious and I think we have that vibe still going even if it has changed and evolved over time :like:

I also agree with what mags said when he said we have such a narrow scope that it is hard to really believe that there is still such enthusiasm for all things multi :cheers:

All we can do is the best we can and try to keep the place as a whole as great of a place as we can  :tu: :like:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:17:40 PM by Poncho65 »

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Should 'Owners' Club' threads be cluttered up with 'everyday' pics?
I think no. I prefer them in the 'What tool did you carry today...' type threads, then they are easier to avoid....  :whistle:  :pommel:
What do you think?

:D

Here's what I think

You call it clutter I call it a way to keep those threads from falling away ten pages back. It also creates traffic which bring revenue to the forum and helps keep the lights on.

Also most people like to see current pics. If everyone just posted one pic of a tool and then never posted another those threads would be pretty boring.

I 2nd this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan
-------------------------------------------------

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
I'm guilty of making Owners club  :facepalm:  ::) ::) ( I'm most proud of the Micra andCrunch ones - still going strong  :D )  I love seeing people joining the clubs as they just ran across a certain tool for the first time. They add their own pics and the thread still is fresh after multiple years. You can read posts from long ago and see how certain tools evolve. Gratuitous pics , IMO, are always appreciated.

:like:    :MTO:

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
I use the "replies" page on this site.it shows the threads I have posted in that have replies, even when it is something silly or uninteresting. After exhausting the replies age, I go to the "unread" page to see what nre threads and posts ar unread to me
I do that too. :tu:

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
I use the "replies" page on this site.it shows the threads I have posted in that have replies, even when it is something silly or uninteresting. After exhausting the replies age, I go to the "unread" page to see what nre threads and posts ar unread to me
I do that too. :tu:

:iagree:

And What Pacu and Poncho said is very true :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24