Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tool test

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Re: Tool test
Reply #30 on: August 20, 2018, 06:04:18 PM
Well gotta do new review tomorrow since i got my Rebar today

Only Tools Matters

:popcorn:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 06:34:45 PM

Only Tools Matters

+1  :popcorn:

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 01:47:48 AM
Great write up and comparison. :like:

I actually feel the ST300 and Rebar have a edge on the Surge and Wave concerning the standard screw drivers and bit adaptability.

The Wave and Surge have their dedicated Bit Extender and that can also be combined with the 2 sleeves of bit sets.  Yet the ST300 and Rebar have a bit adapter that comes with 6 bits and fits over the Phillips driver.  This bit adapter can also hold all 2D bits LM have and can hold the bit extender as well for even greater length.

And as you already mentioned the Phillips and flat blades on the ST300 and Rebar will provide a good length without having to reach for bits or extender.

Another note is that Gerbers 3 D bit adapter and standard bits will fit the ST300/Rebar Phillips improving flexibility.  Also, many inexpensive MTs include these 3D adapters and a 10 bit kit for under $10 making a cost effective option for increased functionality.

I wish I could add pictures, but camera is on loan and not to return for another week.  Maybe someone else maybe able to add pictures. :hatsoff: :tu:
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

fi Online Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #33 on: August 21, 2018, 07:05:40 AM

I actually feel the ST300 and Rebar have a edge on the Surge and Wave concerning the standard screw drivers and bit adaptability.

The Wave and Surge have their dedicated Bit Extender and that can also be combined with the 2 sleeves of bit sets.  Yet the ST300 and Rebar have a bit adapter that comes with 6 bits and fits over the Phillips driver.  This bit adapter can also hold all 2D bits LM have and can hold the bit extender as well for even greater length.

And as you already mentioned the Phillips and flat blades on the ST300 and Rebar will provide a good length without having to reach for bits or extender.

Another note is that Gerbers 3 D bit adapter and standard bits will fit the ST300/Rebar Phillips improving flexibility.  Also, many inexpensive MTs include these 3D adapters and a 10 bit kit for under $10 making a cost effective option for increased functionality.

I wish I could add pictures, but camera is on loan and not to return for another week.  Maybe someone else maybe able to add pictures. :hatsoff: :tu:
I have one extender what will fit on both Rebar and ST300, i cannot remeber where i aquired many years ago.

Only Tools Matters

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 08:58:11 AM

Only Tools Matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 21, 2018, 09:02:41 AM

Hmm....that makes me think twice about modding in a 2D bit adaptor in my Rebar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #36 on: August 21, 2018, 05:26:33 PM
You know, I’ve awlways been a fan of the bits, but that is an excellent point. I hate when I have to change the batteries on something and can’t reach the screw  :P

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%