Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SuperTool 300 vs Rebar test

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: SuperTool 300 vs Rebar test
Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 06:46:18 PM
Great review and comparison, AL!  :like:

us Offline CallsignBadger

• No Life Club
  • Honey Badger Don't Care
Reply #31 on: August 21, 2018, 06:47:28 PM
 :iagree:

Job well done, Antti, this comparison was excellent

:tu:  :like:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 06:54:32 PM
I personally place a high value on ease of carry and portability in a multitool, so I have a strong preference for the Rebar. I found that I can carry the Rebar in a pocket fairly easily. And the Rebar's tools set seems to be sufficient for most routine tasks (when I don't have an actual tool, e.g. wrench, at hand).

That being said, I agree with you that the ST300 is a bigger tool designed to handle tougher jobs. So there are times when I will carry the ST300 in preference over the Rebar. But the Rebar is my favorite multi for EDC.

Nice job!   :multi:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: August 21, 2018, 06:56:26 PM
Excellent testing again Antti  :like: :like: :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: August 21, 2018, 07:11:10 PM
I personally place a high value on ease of carry and portability in a multitool, so I have a strong preference for the Rebar. I found that I can carry the Rebar in a pocket fairly easily. And the Rebar's tools set seems to be sufficient for most routine tasks (when I don't have an actual tool, e.g. wrench, at hand).

That being said, I agree with you that the ST300 is a bigger tool designed to handle tougher jobs. So there are times when I will carry the ST300 in preference over the Rebar. But the Rebar is my favorite multi for EDC.

Nice job!   :multi:

+1

I like to carry my Wave in my coin pocket, with my mini bit card

And it gives me a great tool set in a small package.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #35 on: August 21, 2018, 07:55:39 PM
Thanks, it was really enjoying test tools and write about it, only shame is that i wasnt able to take action pictures or video on my tests.

I have adapter to extend cabability of tools much wider but i felt that wasnt really necessary cause with that possibilities are allmost limitless. So decide to leave adapter out of review.

Only Tools Matters

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: August 21, 2018, 08:34:01 PM
Great review and comparison !    :cheers:

gb Offline Jaypeebee

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: August 21, 2018, 10:09:30 PM
Great comparisons Antti  :tu:
Enjoyed reading them even though I have both already.
Agree with your results too.......spot on  :tu:

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: August 21, 2018, 11:21:38 PM
Might we have a Wave vs Rebar next?  :pok:  :D

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #39 on: August 22, 2018, 05:48:44 AM
Might we have a Wave vs Rebar next?  :pok:  :D
Not bad idea, that would be interesting to do cause same size but diffrent kind toolset. I gotta carry bit more Rebar along with my Wave to see how these tools work together or against others.

Only Tools Matters

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: August 22, 2018, 06:13:03 AM
 :tu:  :popcorn:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: August 22, 2018, 07:11:43 AM
Thank you for the comparison, Antti

I have been carrying the Rebar for almost a year solid now and love it. Good tool at a good price.

May I say, aside from the review, that I am in awe of folks who are able to tell me what I need to know. And more specifically,  folks who are from so many different countries, who are able to communicate to English and Americans directly. People from Germany. France, Turkey, Russia. Finland.

It makes me want to thank you fot all of that extra effort, and makes me feel sorry that I don't speak more languages, because the subtle nuances might be better understood if I did.

Thank you so much, on so many levels, for your efforts and review.

Looking forward to Wave vs Surge (because it would be the same sort of comparison - same tools just size difference) or the Rebar vs Wave as has already been mentioned!

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #42 on: August 22, 2018, 08:27:00 AM

I have been carrying the Rebar for almost a year solid now and love it. Good tool at a good price.

May I say, aside from the review, that I am in awe of folks who are able to tell me what I need to know. And more specifically,  folks who are from so many different countries, who are able to communicate to English and Americans directly. People from Germany. France, Turkey, Russia. Finland.

It makes me want to thank you fot all of that extra effort, and makes me feel sorry that I don't speak more languages, because the subtle nuances might be better understood if I did.

Looking forward to Wave vs Surge (because it would be the same sort of comparison - same tools just size difference) or the Rebar vs Wave as has already been mentioned!
Thanks, Wave vs Surge might come next week also Wave vs Rebar is on next weeks list. Im carrying this week Rebar with diffrent MTs to see what pairs best with it.

Only Tools Matters

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: August 22, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

Thanks, Wave vs Surge might come next week also Wave vs Rebar is on next weeks list. Im carrying this week Rebar with diffrent MTs to see what pairs best with it.

Only Tools Matters

No really, you are honestly doing a fantastic job with these comparisons, and it is really interesting to see how the different ones compare side by side.

So by all means, keep it up  :tu:
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan
-------------------------------------------------

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #44 on: August 22, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
Can;t wait for the  next review Antti :tu: Love all the pics and testing :like: You came to the conclusion that I think I would have between those 2 as well :cheers: :like:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%